The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

The Rumble was kinda average to me, match of the night was the Women's Rumble.

I was impressed by Jade Cargill and TNA Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace.   I can see Grace eventually coming into WWE when her TNA contract is up, she did not seem out of place there.

I'd love to see Jade vs. Bianca at some point and the place went nuts when they teased the showdown.

Glad Bayley won as it seems obvious she will pick Iyo Sky and the rest of Damage CTRL will turn on her and kick her out.

For the Men's Rumble, glad Cody won it again, hopefully WWE doesn't screw him over again at Mania this year and give him the belt already.

I can see Punk winning the Elimination Chamber to get a shot at Seth at Wrestlemania Night 1.

Drunken Monk

It's obvious (just like it was obvious in AEW) that CM Punk was absolutely GASSED after the Rumble. I liked the man but good god, someone get him on a cardio regime ASAP.

With that said, I enjoyed both Rumble matches, though the women's was miles better than the men's. The military press spot with Jade Cargill and Bianca Belair was great and Jade eliminating Nia Jaxx was awesome as well.

I don't know much about Jordynne Grace but she looked fantastic. Can we get her, Bianca, Jade and Rhea in a "muscle mommies" match?

Bron Breakker replaced Brock Lesnar in the match due to Lesnar being part of the Vince McMahon lawsuit. I think Breakker looked strong and a force to be reckoned with but I don't think he deserved that many eliminations because he doesn't quite have the star power of Lesnar.

I've said it before, I don't want WWE. The Rumble and Wrestlemania are the only two things I watch each year. But I was happy to see Cody win. Punk doesn't deserve it quite yet and Cody has an established Wrestlemania story.

• Like 1

There are rumors that Punk injured his triceps this past Saturday at the Rumble according to PWinsider.com.

That would suck if it's true as he probably would have won the Elimination Chamber match in Australia to get the title shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SunChien said:

There are rumors that Punk injured his triceps this past Saturday at the Rumble according to PWinsider.com.

That would suck if it's true as he probably would have won the Elimination Chamber match in Australia to get the title shot.

He's going to address the injury tonight. It looks like he will be out 4-6 months if he is injured as he apparently tore his tricep when Drew McIntyre gave him a Future Shock DDT. It's a shame because it looks as if Cody plans to challenge Roman Reigns at WrestleMania and we would have been getting Punk/Rollins at the main event. 

https://nypost.com/2024/01/29/sports/cm-punk-injury-torn-triceps-puts-wwe-wrestlemania-in-jeopardy/

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

He's going to address the injury tonight. It looks like he will be out 4-6 months if he is injured as he apparently tore his tricep when Drew McIntyre gave him a Future Shock DDT. It's a shame because it looks as if Cody plans to challenge Roman Reigns at WrestleMania and we would have been getting Punk/Rollins at the main event. 

https://nypost.com/2024/01/29/sports/cm-punk-injury-torn-triceps-puts-wwe-wrestlemania-in-jeopardy/

It's official...CM Punk will not be making it to WrestleMania. He made the announcement on RAW. He's going to need surgery and be out 4-6 months. 

Not a fan as I preferred to see Cody get the shot against Roman instead of Rock.  I'm sure Cody and Seth will have a great match but there's no real drama attached to it as Cody has beaten him 3 times already.

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, SunChien said:

Not a fan as I preferred to see Cody get the shot against Roman instead of Rock.  I'm sure Cody and Seth will have a great match but there's no real drama attached to it as Cody has beaten him 3 times already.

The like/dislike ratio on the first video is nuts! 62k/220k so far!

Not a fan of Cody myself though he did end racism single handedly so that's something good.

A new faction has officially formed in WWE: Legedo de Fantasma, made up of Santos Escobar, Humberto and Angel, and Electra Lopez and their will be the arch-rivals of the Latino World Order

Tiffany Stratton and the returning Naomi have signed to SmackDown. Stratton won her main roster debut against Michin

Damage Control has officially disbanded with IYO SKY and The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane) betraying Bayley, which led her to announce she will take on SKY for the Women's SmackDown title at WrestleMania. 

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

WTF! Way too many weirdos out there!

Wow, wtf.

I get not liking the creative decisions but wishing harm on someone is uncalled for.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw

Really stupid fans out there! It's only WRESTLING! I really hope ROCK Vs Reigns happens and they don't give into all these twats!

I saw the posts earlier about fans threatening Rock's daughter which is crazy and uncalled for.

I don't agree with the creative decision but it's just a show at the end of the day and no justification for threatening anyone over it.

• Like 1

It looks like Rock is coming in as a heel for this one, which I'm all for.

This whole hero act isn't doing it for me and comes across as forced and corny.

I'm thinking it's a triple threat match with Cody/Rock/Roman or Roman wrestles on both nights against Rock and Cody.

The press conference tonight should be interesting.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

This weeks Dynamite was pretty good. Hangman/Swerve are just great together and always put on a top match! Hangman as a heel will work way better as he sucks as a face.

Sting/Darby/Starks/Bill was good fun too and nice to see STING as a champ again. His sons look like they could be wrestlers! I still can't stand the bucks though. Ugh!

Best bits of the WM Kick off.

I hate stupid fans and the WHAT chant! STFU with that crap!

I would love to see Rock and Roman on a power trip and cause HHH trouble!

• Like 1

It was excellent last night at the presser. 

Rock definitely looks like he's going to be a heel, though it was interesting to see Roman look like second fiddle to him on stage.

I'd like to see a tag match with Seth/Cody vs. Roman/Rock but I don't think that will happen.

Triple-H is supposed to address it on Smackdown tonight.

At least Cody is facing Roman at Mania which I'm pumped for as I'll be there for the show.

• Like 1