The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

I enjoyed their feud. Especially Vader beating Sting at the Great American Bash 1992.

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Last night on Smackdown!, Roman Reigns thought he was going to go scot-free after interfering in the Triple Threat #1 contender match between LA Knight, Randy Orton, and AJ Styles....Smackdown GM Nick Aldis said otherwise...it's now a Fatal 4-Way at the Royal Rumble! 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I'm considering watching WWE again. I watch AEW primarily but I feel like it's gotten a bit "samey" with the same old wrestlers wrestling each other. There's very rarely only new gunning for a belt, though I have heard that Hook's looking to get the World Championship now (I haven't watched this week's Collision yet).

I'd still watch AEW, by all means, but I feel like I might get more bang for my buck with WWE these days. The storylines seem to be a little more interesting. I'm not sure if that's the case for certain but I'm willing to give it another go.

Best wishes are going out to the former Lana, CJ Perry. She is in the hospital with a MRSA infection to her finger and will need a second surgery, which explains why she's been absent from AEW. She posted some graphic photos on her Twitter/X account

• Like 1

This past weekend TNA had their Hard to Kill PPV with Nic Nemeth (formerly Dolph Zilggler) make his TNA debut attacking the new TNA champion Moose.  Glad to see TNA getting some positive reviews lately.

Jack Perry made his NJPW debut attacking Shota Umino, hopefully this excursion works out better than his recent run in AEW but I think he is still under contract to them.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud while stumbling across the video below. I haven't watched Wrestling in like forever. My prime (time) was 99 - 00's which I'd argue was one of the best in the WWF(E).

Funny how we give the movie industry or more precisely Hollywood constant sh*t for giving us the same old pig just in a different dress with more or less lipstick on.

At the same time you got this sh*t below which has been using the same old tropes over and over again since what the f*cking 90's!? It's pretty pathetic to see this kind of "entertainment" in 2024. For a hot second I thought I was at a Trump rally or maybe I'm just a tired old man yelling at clouds, whatever lol.

And man WTF happened to Dwayne Johnson? Is he still a person or a robot playing the same old crap on repeat. I don't even buy his act anymore and I'm one of those guy's who grew up and absolutely worshiped him. Guess that's what happens when a person turns into a product or more precisely a brand. To quote the man himself "Nobody likes you and you're not funny"! ...anymore.

@PandaPawPaw sorry for the sloppy copy & paste job.

On 1/10/2024 at 10:42 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I'm considering watching WWE again.

After this... I'd say it's a hard pass for me!

Edited by laagi

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

I couldn't help but laugh out loud while stumbling across the video below. I haven't watched Wrestling in like forever. My prime (time) was 99 - 00's which I'd argue was one of the best in the WWF(E).

Funny how we give the movie industry or more precisely Hollywood constant sh*t for giving us the same old pig just in a different dress with more or less lipstick on.

At the same time you got this sh*t below which has been using the same old tropes over and over again since what the f*cking 90's!? It's pretty pathetic to see this kind of "entertainment" in 2024. For a hot second I thought I was at a Trump rally or maybe I'm just a tired old man yelling at clouds, whatever lol.

And man WTF happened to Dwayne Johnson? Is he still a person or a robot playing the same old crap on repeat. I don't even buy his act anymore and I'm one of those guy's who grew up and absolutely worshiped him. Guess that's what happens when a person turns into a product or more precisely a brand. To quote the man himself "Nobody likes you and you're not funny"! ...anymore.

@PandaPawPaw sorry for the sloppy copy & paste job.

After this... I'd say it's a hard pass for me!

The rock is just an AI robot these days. Like a giant advertised board. Everything he does seems so fake.

I saw this the other day and it's so true!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Like a giant advertised board. Everything he does seems so fake.

Copy&Paste for every person of interest (whatever that means). Even the douche in the video just casually slips in "Skechers"... Coincidence?

To quote a personal favourite of mine Bill Hicks once said and mind you that was in the 80's!

Everyone, though. Everyone is hawkin' products! That's, like, the highest thing you can achieve now, isn't it? Become some barker?

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

@laagi I'm not a fan of Cena but he owned the Rock in this promo. You can tell the Rock was pissed off @1m54s.

Context, previous exchange rock had bullet points written on his arm.

rockynotes_original_original_crop_north-

• Like 1

Speaking of the Rock, he has now been appointed to Board of Directors for TKO Holdings:

https://investor.tkogrp.com/news/news-details/2024/TKO-Appoints-Dwayne-Johnson-to-Board-of-Directors/default.aspx

Also in other news, WWE Raw will be on Netflix starting in 2025.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/23/netflix-to-stream-wwes-raw-starting-next-year.html

Should be interesting as I think this is the first time Raw will be on a streaming platform exclusively since its debut in 1993.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, SunChien said:

Speaking of the Rock, he has now been appointed to Board of Directors for TKO Holdings:

https://investor.tkogrp.com/news/news-details/2024/TKO-Appoints-Dwayne-Johnson-to-Board-of-Directors/default.aspx

Also in other news, WWE Raw will be on Netflix starting in 2025.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/23/netflix-to-stream-wwes-raw-starting-next-year.html

Should be interesting as I think this is the first time Raw will be on a streaming platform exclusively since its debut in 1993.

WOW! So I can watch WM, SummerSlam and RR all live now! :o COOL!

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

Nince McMahon truly seems like a piece of shit (not to mention the others in the article). It's shocking what money does to some people. It just turns them evil.
I can see McMahon being buried by this lawsuit (and rightfully so) but I'm pretty sure the likes of Brock Lesnar will get off scott free.

12 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Anyone here ever tried a Slim Jim (no not that kind @laagi)? How's it taste?

I obviously prefer a Big John lol.

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
23 minutes ago, laagi said:

I obviously prefer a Big John lol.

imagerescalingservice.axd?ImageID=8d10a1

I prefer them battered.

• Like 1

VInce McMahon has resigned from TKO Group and Brock Lesnar will not be in the Royal Rumble due to his part in the ongoing lawsuit. 

Naomi has returned as the #2 participant for the Women's Royal Rumble. TNA Knockouts champ Jordynne Grace also entered the Women's Royal Rumble and was given a KOD on the apron by Bianca Belair to be eliminated. Chelsea Green was definitely the comic relief, especially when she was caught constantly in between Nia Jax and Piper Niven. R-Truth provided some comic relief when he entered the wrong Rumble during Valhalla's entrance. Jade Cargill came in #28 and singlehandedly eliminated Jax. Liv Morgan returned at #30. Bayley would go on to eliminate Morgan after Liv eliminated Cargill to win the Women's Royal Rumble. 

More to come...

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Roman Reigns retains the Undisputed Champion against LA Knight, AJ Styles, and Randy Orton. Was a good match, even when Solo Sikoa's interference was minimal. 

Kevin Owens was DQed for using brass knuckles that Logan Paul tried to use thanks to Austin Theory and Grayson Waller. Owens knocked Paul out and the ref saw the knucks. Paul retains the US Championship, but Owens put him through a table post-match for the trouble. 

Jey Uso drew #1 and his heel brother Jimmy drew #2 to start the Men's Royal Rumble. Andrade returns after 3.5 years to draw #4. Cody Rhodes eliminated CM Punk to win the Royal Rumble for the 2nd straight year. 

PandaPawPaw

What a dull RR. Not a single surprise during the mens rumble and Andrade doesn't count. Skipped through most of it.

6 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

What a dull RR. Not a single surprise during the mens rumble and Andrade doesn't count. Skipped through most of it.

The Women's RR I felt was better this year. Especially with Chelsea Green's homage to slapstick comedy constantly getting crushed by either Nia Jax or her ally Piper Niven for a good what 3 to 4 minutes and Jade Cargill taking out Jax by herself. I wonder if Bayley's win is going to lead her to a face role and leave Damage Control to challenge IYO SKY. Guess we will see...

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Jade's appearance was the best bit for me. Nice to see her on a bigger stage and hopefully her wrestling has improved.

Punk looks much better with some mass but he looked tired really quickly.

I used to love watching the RR/wwe but now it's all just so meh and over produced.

AEW just sucks! TK can't book for shit! Samoa Joe is the best thing on there and anyone with potential like Warlow/Starks/Hobbs/Takeshita all have horrible booking. They Should jump to the WWE if they want to do anything good.

in38btkrueu91.jpg

Paz7ILEzZW26p4PH6D-Hl0ik77TKEvJIr0Ke2nKY

Ugh! He looks like he's just jizzed himself!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1