The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

8 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Yes, was at dynamite last night. Didn't stay for rampage. My old ass was worn out  🤣

AWESOME! Haha yeah Rampage probably wouldn't of been worth it.

How was it live?

• Love 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
3 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

AWESOME! Haha yeah Rampage probably wouldn't of been worth it.

How was it live?

It was fun. Probably favorite moments was the joshis cause them babes are hot as hell in person. They look better than the girls at my local strip club. And the azz is phatt!🍑

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

It was fun. Probably favorite moments was the joshis cause them babes are hot as hell in person. They look better than the girls at my local strip club. And the azz is phatt!🍑

Oh yeah you got too see Hikaru/Emi in person! Lucky git! :D

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

• Love 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
40 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Oh yeah you got too see Hikaru/Emi in person! Lucky git! :D

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Yep and they had dark matches with others but I forgot their names,  home grown talent I believe. 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Yep and they had dark matches with others but I forgot their names,  home grown talent I believe. 

Was Leila Grey there? :heart

I gotta say Nick Wayne's mum is a hottie.

In other news - The NWA has reportedly signed TV deals with The CW.

I've never seen an NWA show (the more modern kind) but is it any good?

Impact Wrestling is changing its name back to TNA Wrestling in January 2024. The news was announced by Impact President Scott D'Amore and owners Anthem Entertainment confirmed the news. There will be new TNA titles for the current Impact title holders. The first PPV of 2024 will sport the rebranding and the weekly series will be known as "TNA Impact Wrestling". Despite the rebranding back to the original name there will be no six-sided ring, but keeping the traditional 4-sided squared circle. 

Despite early talks, CM Punk will NOT be coming to WWE anytime soon. As of now, it's a definite no, but in the future, who knows?

However, William Regal is leaving AEW and will be returning to WWE. 

There were rumors of backstage heat between Adam Copeland and Ricky Starks after a heated promo on AEW. However, the rumors are false. Starks knows of Copeland's method of doing promos and despite the heat, Starks was okay with Copeland's "heat". 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Brock Anderson must be one of the most boring wrestlers ever. It looked like he was wearing a nappy too.

AEW really do have a lot of pointless wrestlers on their roster.

• Love 1

Fek0wCSWAAEJy2Y?format=jpg&name=large

leila-grey.gif

I was wondering where she went. She's stuck on ROH. Does anyone actually watch that? I watched the first 4 shows or so then got bored of it.

Surprised Okada is going to be on Dynamite tomorrow. Bit out of the blue.

Dynamite was a decent show last night, I liked the story of MJF trying to find partners to take on Bullet Club Gold.

Enjoying the Swerve Strickland/Adam Page feud also.

I heard AEW signed Ric Flair to a multi year contact, yikes.

Looking forward to Crown Jewel on Saturday, I know LA Knight isn't going to win but hope he has a strong show against Roman Reigns.

Hope Drew McIntyre wins the World Title off of Seth Rollins also.

Edited by SunChien

“Stolen belt” plot lines suck so much and this one’s particularly bad. No one wants to see Jay White with the belt. There’s absolutely no point in it. What’s it adding? Not excitement. Not anticipation.

I don’t care for Jay White on the best of days and this just makes me dislike him more.

Swerve invading Shit Cowboys house was dumb as fuck! Was that baby alone in the house? Do babies not cry? Swerve doesn't get arrested for home invasion? WTF!

It's like AEW have ideas but never think them through.

I like Jay White but his promo style doesn't fit AEW and he needs to sort that shit out quick! Solid wrestler though.

I feel Wardlow is too damaged and I give no shit about him now.

Both Dynamite and Collision are both going down hill and TK is going to have to pull his finger out.

Dynamite was awful! Just awful!

I didn't care for any of it. The main event was just pure trash. I feel like I'm just saying the same thing now.

Big show shouldn't be wrestling and can't even move! The Yakuza game tie in was lame and Kota is just meh in AEW. Actually I'm tired of seeing his dopey face.

White stealing the belt is just crap! Why hasn't TK told him to give it back. How can anyone steal a title. It doesn't make sense!

Schiavone also needs to piss off. He adds nothing and seems to love everything!

UGH!

:rofl

Full Gear card (so far).

* AEW World Championship Match: MJF vs. Jay White
* AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: Ricky Starks & Big Bill vs. La Facción Ingobernable vs. FTR vs. Malakai Black * Brody King
* AEW Women’s Championship Match: Hikaru Shida vs. Toni Storm
* AEW TBS Championship Match: Kris Statlander vs. Julia Hart vs. Skye Blue
* AEW International Championship Match: Orange Cassidy vs. Jon Moxley
* Texas Death Match: Swerve Strickland vs. Hangman Page
* ROH Tag Team Championship Match: MJF & TBA vs. The Gunns
* Sting, Darby Allin & Adam Copeland vs. Christian Cage, Luchasaurus, & Nick Wayne
* Kenny Omega & Chris Jericho vs.The Young Bucks

I doubt White will win and that might be a good thing as I don't really like him on the mic though with MJF doing double duty, it's going to have to be an interference or the masked gang to give him the win. Swerve Vs Hangman should be good and I hope the former gets the win!

Not bothered about the rest tbh though I do hope Punk is the masked devil. That would be awesome but I bet it'll be Jungle bitch or some let down. Ugh.

I think the card looks pretty solid. I imagine Toni Storm will win the Women's Championship since she's on fire at the moment and no one really gives a shit about Shida.
I hope Julia Hart wins, too. I think she can truly be something special. She's improved a lot lately and has definitely benefited from being part of the House of Black.

MJF should beat Jay White. I agree that White's shit on the mic. I also find him distinctly average in the ring. Though I do hope the Devil gets involved in some way, shape or form. I think it's Jungle Boy. though if it is Punk, that's one hell of a work.

There's going to be a huge signing at the PPV too. Most people tend to think it's Will Ospreay. That's cool but I'd prefer it to be someone completely unexpected. Mercedes Mone would be really nice but apparently she's injured. That doesn't technically stop her from signing though.
Some people are saying it could be Ronda Rousey but I don't see that happening. Tony Kahn said it's one of the best wrestlers in the world and no one would give Rousey that title.

Full Gear was alright.

Swerve Vs Hangman was excellent! I'd gone off hardcore matches even though I used to enjoy them when I was younger but this was just bat shit crazy! THIS is the Hangman that should be on TV instead of the whiny pussy bitch that he usually is. Swerve was just amazing! He played the crazy bastard perfectly. I don't think the Cage interference was needed but glad Swerve won.

Main event was a bit so-so. I didn't like White losing but I knew he would but the fact he can't beat a one legged man is pretty dumb. The table spot was crazy and I was super surprised at MJF still going through with it!

I was happy Julia Hart won. She's getting better and better. Statlander was utterly dull as champ and while she's solid in the ring, she's boring in promos and everything else.

I didn't really care for the rest and the Omega/Jericho Vs Bucks match just went on and on. I'm glad the Bucks are pissing off for a bit.

Also get Schiavone off comms. He sucks!

F_Uz9-WXEAA1b1E?format=jpg&name=large

At WWE Survivor Series: Wargames, the face teams defeated the heels. 

• Shotzi, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and Bianca Belair overcame their differences and defeated Damage Control when Lynch gave Iyo Sky a Manhandle Slam from the top rope.
  • Cody Rhodes, Jey Uso, Sami Zayn, Seth Freaking Rollins, and the returning Randy Orton defeated the Judgment Day and Drew McIntrye. Orton gave JD McDonagh a sick RKO after he was launched from the top of the cage by Rollins and Zayn. Then Orton called for Rhodes to give Damien Priest the Cross Rhodes for the win...then this happened!!!

He signed with WWE just hours before Survivor Series. The only ones who were aware were Triple H, Nick Khan, and a few staff...Seth Rollins was livid and even tried to go after Punk. Allegedly, Drew McIntrye left the arena just before Punk's return, indicating he may not be happy either. Cody Rhodes said at the press conference that it could be a new beginning for both WWE and Punk. 

In between the Wargames matches, the heels would get their wins:

• Gunther narrowly defeated The Miz to retain the Intercontinetal Champion.
  • Santos Escobar defeated Dragon Lee (who replaced an injured Carlito)
  • Rhea Ripley retained the Raw Women's Title against Zoey Stark.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Never thought Punk would return to WWE, but it seems like he's in a better place and WWE is more about business than friendship.

It definitely feels like they're going towards Punk vs. Rollins, probably the main event of Night 1 of Wrestlemania.

I think Orton will be the next challenger for Roman at the Royal Rumble after his great return at Survivor Series.

AEW right now is a bit cold IMO, hopefully Joe wins the World Title at the World's End PPV on December 30th.