The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

Will Cash even be allowed on the PPV?

Dynamite is the shits! Utterly boring and dull!

I don't think the All In card is that great tbh. Needs a HUGE match on there.................

• Like 1

I haven't been following Wrestling since '99 but still enjoy it every once in a while. First of all shocking to hear of another passing. RIP Bray Wyatt :(

Speaking of which does anybody watch 'Dark Side of The Ring'. IMHO it's an extremely well made docu-series and gives a deep and  disturbing look BTS of professional Wrestling.

What's really disturbing about a lot of those tragedies from the early 70's up to the 2000's they always share similar patterns. Heavy substance abuse, in and out of ring violence, self destructing behavior, very questionable business ethics etc.

Also probably it's no coincidence whatsoever that almost every story in some way or the other seems to come back to Vince McMahon. All things considered how this man still walks around freely is beyond me. But obviously nothing seems to stick with the guy. Powerful man with all the friends and money one could need in the world.

Highly recommended for anyone who cares to take a look behind the curtain of this billion dollar industry. But be warned it's really depressing more than anything else!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, laagi said:

I haven't been following Wrestling since '99 but still enjoy it every once in a while. First of all shocking to hear of another passing. RIP Bray Wyatt :(

Speaking of which does anybody watch 'Dark Side of The Ring'. IMHO it's an extremely well made docu-series and gives a deep and  disturbing look BTS of professional Wrestling.

What's really disturbing about a lot of those tragedies from the early 70's up to the 2000's they always share similar patterns. Heavy substance abuse, in and out of ring violence, self destructing behavior, very questionable business ethics etc.

Also probably it's no coincidence whatsoever that almost every story in some way or the other seems to come back to Vince McMahon. All things considered how this man still walks around freely is beyond me. But obviously nothing seems to stick with the guy. Powerful man with all the friends and money one could need in the world.

Highly recommended for anyone who cares to take a look behind the curtain of this billion dollar industry. But be warned it's really depressing more than anything else!

Yeah it's a good show but S4 wasn't great tbh.

The Owen Hart ep was sad and his death could of easily been avoided.

Yeah Vince is a dick! Just like his mate Trump.

Have you seen Beyond the Mat?

• Like 1

@laagi In case you've not watched it. A really good doc with BTS footage of the Montreal Screwjob.

No one will ever get this kind of access to the BTS of the WWE again. Vince wasn't happy with the doc iirc. :D

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yeah it's a good show but S4 wasn't great tbh.

The Owen Hart ep was sad and his death could of easily been avoided.

Yeah Vince is a dick! Just like his mate Trump.

Have you seen Beyond the Mat?

Yes sir, I did more than once ;)

I thought so far (now on S03) the most disturbing episodes besides the tragic deaths are the ones from the hardcore scene. I mean "New Jack" or "Nick Gage"... What the actual F!? They took it too far and then some.

Jesus it was just painful to even watch these guys! Is this still a thing nowadays? I mean I do recall the ECW days but that's about it...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, laagi said:

Yes sir, I did more than once ;)

I thought so far (now on S03) the most disturbing episodes besides the tragic deaths are the ones from the hardcore scene. I mean "New Jack" or "Nick Gage"... What the actual F!? They took it too far and then some.

Jesus it was just painful to even watch these guys! Is this still a thing nowadays? I mean I do recall the ECW days but that's about it...

New Jack was just sadistic and Nick Gage is a fucking goof. Though he did give us this classic moment that got AEW in trouble (and lost a sponsor).

Also New Jack beating up Gypsy Joe.

WTF!

I hate mudshow/backyard shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

New Jack was just sadistic and Nick Gage is a fucking goof.

I think you left out their most "prominent" stunts. NJ cutting up a f*cking Kid in the ring and NG doing the same to actor David Arquette.

I do enjoy certain hardcore elements as long as the ONLY compliment the overall entertainment. But yeah some of that HC shit is just plain depraved and cruel. But hey it's the crowd which makes the music after all so who's to blame really?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, laagi said:

I think you left out their most "prominent" stunts. NJ cutting up a f*cking Kid in the ring and NG doing the same to actor David Arquette.

I do enjoy certain hardcore elements as long as the ONLY compliment the overall entertainment. But yeah some of that HC shit is just plain depraved and cruel. But hey it's the crowd which makes the music after all so who's to blame really?

That shit still kind of happens.

This guy called Hannibal started to go crazy and stab the ref over and over.

SPORTbible_(3).png

Just WTF! Stupid shit. That hannibal guy is a twat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Just WTF! Stupid shit. That hannibal guy is a twat.

Well not to start a general discussion here but I mean is he though? New Jack did the same shit with a freaking Wolverine claw. I mean the crowd who attends these HC events thirst for blood I'd assume. Hence, I'm not really shocked that the people involved trying to dial the violence up to eleven. Keep the paying customer happy. It's certainly questionable!

Also, surprised that so far nobody was killed in one of these matches or at least that's what I hope. Like I sad earlier if it just ends up being about the violence only I think it stinks. But as element to be used in Pro Wrestling I do enjoy it some time.

Just watched the Atsushi Onita episode and heck they even started peeing on each other in the ring. So yeah, I guess there's no boundaries when trying to create spectacle. At the least for this specific audience.

• Like 2

Watching all in and it's quite meh so far. The stage is basic as fuck. Was expecting something a bit flashy.

I enjoyed Punk/Joe. Good solid match.

Everything after that has been average.

Currently on the Bucks/FTR match.

JR needs to piss off. He gets on my nerves these days.

• Like 1

Apparently Jack Perry and CM Punk got into altercation at All In. :P

From @FightfulSelect

According to one side of the story, it’s claimed that Jack Perry approached CM Punk backstage and "stepped in his face" and "bumped" Punk. Punk was said to have then pushed Perry. Perry allegedly "came at Punk and got choked."
  • Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

All in was ok, nothing special. I prefer Revpro show the other night. I missed Impact on that same night,  did anyone catch it? How was the women's match?

• Like 1

Finished All In and it was alright I guess. Jericho Vs Ospreay turned out way better than I was expecting but Jericho can't sing for shit!

The main event was good but over booked and Roddy is hilariously bad in his role. He comes across as a jilted lover or some shit.

Spoiler

Shame Shida lost as I think she's great. I don't give two shits about Saraya.

Next years event better have some actual decent match ups!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Colonel Mortimer
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

The main event was good but over booked and Roddy is hilariously bad in his role. He comes across as a jilted lover or some shit.

I think he's been hilariously good, jilted lover is exactly what they're going for.

• Like 2

'According to Haus of Wrestling, Punk arrived at Heathrow Airport with no one waiting for him. Car service was not provided to take him to his hotel. He tried contacting AEW and was given a number for a driver, but it was an invalid number.
After waiting for a while, Punk decided to take matters into his own hands. The "Real AEW World Champion" purchased a train ticket and used public transportation to make it to his hotel. The Tube was very busy and he got lost. Some fans were kind enough to help him get to his hotel.
There is a photo circulating on Twitter of Punk on The Tube that is reportedly from Saturday.'

You couldn't make this shit up! :coveredlaugh

• Like 1

Seriously what is this childish shit!

Say what you want about WWE but they do have the professional part down. AEW just look stupid with all this crap.

• Like 1

Colonel Mortimer
11 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Seriously what is this childish shit!

Say what you want about WWE but they do have the professional part down. AEW just look stupid with all this crap.

AEW is run by a nice guy who is done a great things for the world of wrestling, but does not have the people skills or the backbone to handle the egos that are at play in the world of wrestling.

WWE is run by literal monsters.

• Like 2