The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

Drunken Monk

The four-way for MJF’s title was fantastic. Such a fun match, even if we all knew what the outcome would be. MJF’s win was classic too. Loved it.

The other matches on the card ranged from “Meh” to “That was pretty solid” for me. Weirdly, Taya Valkyrie looked pretty great and they opted to give the belt to someone else. Weird choice.

House of Black/Acclaimed match was enjoyable too. Everything else was mostly “Meh.” Although, as I type this, I’m about to watch the Anarchy in the Arena match so I can’t say if that one was good or not. I’ll come back and give my opinion once I’m done.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

The Anarchy in the Arena fight was fine. It was typical chaos, everyone got bloodied, the band played waaaay too long etc.

The turn was kind of cool (I love the guy that turned…no spoilers) but we’ve kind of seen it all before. I did like the exploding super kick though.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

The four-way was good but only MJF looks like a pillar kinda guy. The other three look like dry wall.

Darby is cool and at least he is interesting. Sammy is OK but annoying and a bit meh. Jungle Bitch is all kinds of cringe! Just the worst and his voice is so dull!

I like Taya Valkyrie and agree she should of taken the title not the alien. Hopefully she stays healthy. Also the streak should of been the selling point. It felt like nothing big was lost (not that the streak was taker level).

The Anarchy in the Arena was just been there, done that type of thing. The music playing didn't help and awful singing/song.

Takeshita I like but he's not bigger enough star to give a shit about in that type of role.

So much spamming of moves, it becomes tiresome.

Also I hate the Canadian Destroyer move now. Every fucking one of them does it! I remember back in the day, I only saw Petey Williams in TNA do it on TV and it felt really cool.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

Yeah graphics aren't great but this looks like good fun!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 3

It's official, CM Punk returns on June 17th for the new Saturday AEW Collision show from Chicago.  He will team with FTR vs. Samoa Joe, Jay White and Juice Robinson.   I think it's obvious that Punk's team wins and Juice takes the pinfall.

It's still weird because they have not settled things with Punk and the Bucks, Page and Omega so it's this awkward division.

How are they going to organize PPVs with both parties on the card?

They have another PPV upcoming with Forbidden Door, to be honest I don't really follow NJPW so it's just a filler show to me.  I'm looking forward to the All In event from London in August.   

I think it will stream on Max or some other platform as they have not announced it as a PPV.

RIP Iron Sheik, he was one of my favorite characters back in the day.

On the WWE side of things, Seth Rollins is doing great as World Champion with his title defense over Damian Priest.  It seems like they're turning Priest into a babyface and will leave Judgment Day.  

On Smackdown, I think it will be Jimmy vs. Roman at MITB in London or a tag match with the Usos vs. Roman & Solo.

Edited by SunChien
  • Like 3

Colonel Mortimer

Okada vs. Danielson and Omega vs. Ospreay 2 could be the only two matches on the card and I'm buying that shit.  Last year's Forbidden Door had such a shit build, sabotaged by injuries and it was still fucking awesome.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Fx6gCMmWYAEQzFc?format=jpg&name=large

Fx6ggKrX0AEMvtJ?format=jpg&name=large

AEW needs to start promoting this PPV!

Why does TK have such a hard on for OC. It's ridiculous.

I skipped through a lot of this weeks Dynamite. White vs Starks was good though.

MJF needs to start mixing his promos up. All sound the same.

Adam Cole is just meh in AEW. Looks awful too! Britt seems bigger than him.

Hayter's reign was just forgettable. It didn't even feel like she was champ.

I hope collision doesn't become a show where only punks stuff is good and the rest sucks.

• Like 2

BigDruDogg

I watch Japanese Wrestling exclusively, and "All Together Again" happened tonight!! And wow what a great show defiantly recommend if your a fan of NJPW/AJPW/NOAH or Japanese wrestling in General :D

match_1.jpg

Edited by BigDruDogg
  • Like 2

Colonel Mortimer

TK has a hardon for Orange Cassidy because he's great, puts on great match week after week, is hugely over with the crowd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

Cool if you like him (don't care if the crowd likes him) but he's just not for me. I'd rather see more of Hobbs.

TK booked this match I guess. :P

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

PandaPawPaw

Gotta say that I really enjoyed Collision. Far better than Dynamite but this was the premiere episode so hopefully they keep this up and it doesn't become what Dyno is now.

I loved hearing Kevin Kelly on comms when I used to watch NJPW so hearing him on comms in AEW was excellent and together with Nigel McGuinness they are faaaaaaaaaaar better than Excalibur and Schiavone.

JR really should retire as he is just awful now and doesn't add anything.

• Like 2

Colonel Mortimer

I'm so over CM Punk.  Dude is a liability in the ring, and destined for another significant injury.  He's still very entertaining on the mic, but unless they go the villain route with him, I can't find my self tuning into Collision too often.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw
21 minutes ago, Colonel Mortimer said:

I'm so over CM Punk.  Dude is a liability in the ring, and destined for another significant injury.  He's still very entertaining on the mic, but unless they go the villain route with him, I can't find my self tuning into Collision too often.

Yeah I kind of agree. I love him on the mic but every time he wrestles, I'm like - will he make it through the match without breaking something.

Putting the title on him will be difficult too.

Wardlow is never going to be a big star. I actually don't think he's even that good. He doesn't come across as intimidating or anything. He should never talk too as he's bad on the mic.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

I thoroughly enjoyed Forbidden Door with Omega/Ospreay being the MOTN. Okada/Bryan was OK for what it was but I find Okada kind of phones it in sometimes. The ending was a big flat too.

• Like 3

Mercedes Mone (credited under her real name of Mercedes Varnado) is appearing in the upcoming action film The Collective with Lucas Till, Ruby Rose, Paul-Ben Victor, and Tyrese Gibson. The film is being released on August 4. Here's a shot of Mone with Rose and Ben-Victor as the film's antagonists. 

2023-06-29_18-53-47.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Colonel Mortimer
23 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Forbidden Door with Omega/Ospreay being the MOTN. Okada/Bryan was OK for what it was but I find Okada kind of phones it in sometimes. The ending was a big flat too.

I did not love Okada/Danielson either, but when I learned that Danielson wrestled the last 10 minutes with a broken arm, I gotta say they did as well as could be expected under those circumstances.

Edited by Colonel Mortimer
  • Like 2

The WWE Money in the Bank event was a great show, I'd give it an 8/10. 

Enjoyed seeing Roman get pinned for the first time in over 3 years by Jey Uso, this sets up Jey challenging Roman at Summerslam more than likely. 

Also enjoyed Cena's surprise appearance in London pushing for Wrestlemania to come to the UK.  I think it will happen otherwise they wouldn't bother mentioning it on TV.

I'm really enjoying Grayson Waller's work, he gets heat which is more than I can say for Austin Theory who is average IMO.

I'm glad to see Damian Priest win the MITB match, I think he'll cash in on Seth at some point and become the new World Champ on Raw.

Same for Iyo Sky on Smackdown.

I've also enjoyed AEW Collision the last few weeks, it feels like a completely different show than Dynamite/Rampage.

• Like 2

Boards Fight Back

It's looking as if Damage Control are going to split up, due to Bayley being jealous of Iyo Sky winning the contract. 

It's too predictable.:BL-Ready:

Edited by Boards Fight Back
  • Like 3

PandaPawPaw

I didn't think much of Blood and Guts. It's all just so meh.

Collision on the other hand is excellent.

The White/Juice Vs FTR match was great fun!

The pacing of the show is really well done and totally different to Dynamite.

• Like 2

Summerslam was meh last week.  The only high point were Cody getting the win over Brock ending the feud and Brock endorsing Cody to the live crowd.  Apparently that was an unplanned moment according to Triple-H in the post-show presser.

The main event with Roman and Jey dragged on forever.  Hopefully this thing ends at Mania next year because it's starting to lose some steam IMO.  Now that Jimmy is apparently back with Roman and Jey has "left WWE" for the time being.

Glad that Austin Theory finally lost the U.S title, his reign was boring anyways.  I'm thinking Santos turns heel and beats Rey for the U.S title.

For the AEW side of things, looking forward to All In on Aug 27th from London.  MJF vs. Cole should be a great main event though I think Cole might turn heel on MJF and reveal that him and Strong were in on it together.

In other news, it seems like Punk is back to starting up more drama.  He went off on Adam Page after Saturday's Collision taping after the show went off the air.   It should be interesting as Collision and Dynamite will be taped on Wednesday Aug 23rd due to the upcoming UK PPV.

It should be a great show in front of a record breaking crowd, thinking of ordering the PPV.

• Like 2

Hangman is such a beyatch! I can't stand him and his butterfly jeans!

TK is such a wimp of a boss. He really needs to toughen up.

All In should be great for the crowd but the card isn't that great so far. The main event is a bit of a let down as I just find Cole meh.

They should of done RVD Vs Perry at All In.

I hope there are some surprises on the event and I don't mean that Grado twat.

• Like 2

Last night, on AEW Dynamite, it was Jeff Jarrett vs. Jeff Hardy in a "Texas Chain Saw Death Match", to celebrate tomorrow's release of the official Texas Chain Saw Massacre video game and Leatherface made an appearance!

• Like 3