The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

9 hours ago, SunChien said:

Yeah he's back alright, they said he won't interfere in the day-to-day business but it's only a matter of time until he gets back on creative.

We'll have Theory as MITB holder again and Karrion Kross wearing gladiator outfits in no time.

HHH is probably thinking..........

DIE OLD MAN! DIE! Snort, Growl!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't watch WWE apart from the odd PPV but I read Sheamus and McIntyre are now called the Banger Bros.

It's like something Vince would come up with.............................

I get what they mean and are trying to say but my first thought was...............

20230107183601__01__01-jpg.148578

:tongueout

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2023/01-10-2023

Vince needs to use that theme. :D

Stephanie McMahon resigns (don't care as she's a bellend).

Saudi have bought WWE (Ugh).

Mån.sôör to be new WWE champion?

Regal be like 'So Tony can I come back to AEW because I have a feeling I'm about to be fired again.......'

:P

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

How can you have 7 matches and they're all the same even with different match stipulations?

It was damn obvious The Elite were going to win the trios belts anyway.

Liking the new set AEW are using. Better than that TNA-esque setup.

They seriously screwed the pooch with Wardlow. He can't beat Samoa Joe but Darby can. WTF! AEW is ass backwards at times.

• Like 3

The Royal Rumble was really underwhelming. I hated how the Mens RR went first and it turned out to be rather dull. The rest of the card wasn't much better.

The ending of the KO/Reigns match was great! Only bit I enjoyed.

The RR really highlighted how there is virtually no real star power left in the WWE.

The Sting/Darby/Muta match at NOAH The New Year 2023 was alright. I'm amazed at how great Hakushi/Jinsei looks! Nearly 60 but looks in solid shape!

The NOAH stage setup looks really nice and the 8K camera entrances/work are awesome.

Bye Bye Great Muta. :)

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

I saw this today and I love Zangief's new look. The Attire is great and I love the more wrestling style moveset. The Muta-esque Flash Elbow is great. Those Piledrivers look nuts!

Dynamite continues to just go down hill. Fast becoming a show you can miss (if it isn't already).

Also Mox please stop bleeding! It doesn't mean anything now as he does it all the time! Just walking to the ring and he'll be bleeding all over the place.

Where the hell is Hobbs! More of him and less Garcia/Yuta!

I'm quite liking heel Saraya/Storm but the green paint thing is lame.

TK needs an actual booker as he doesn't know how to do it.

• Like 2

WWE and Endeavor, the parent group of the UFC, announced they are merging and will create a $21.4 billion company. Endeavor will own 51% of the new company with WWE shareholders keeping the other 49%. Vince McMahon will stay on as executive chairman as part of a two-year deal that was finalized before the sale. Nick Khan will continue as CEO of WWE and Dana White will stay on as President of the UFC. 

https://nypost.com/2023/04/03/wwe-ufc-parent-endeavor-announce-21-4-billion-merger/

WrestleMania XXXIX results:

Charlotte Flair lost to Rhea Ripley (SmackDown Women's Championship) 
The Usos lost to Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn (Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship) 
Austin Theory def. John Cena (United States Championship) 
Seth Rollins def. Logan Paul 
Pat McAfee def. the Miz
Rey Mysterio def. Dominik Mysterio despite interference from the Judgment Day
Damage CTRL lost to Lita, Trish Stratus and Becky Lynch 
Braun Strowman and Ricochet vs. Alpha Academy vs. The Street Profits vs. The Viking Raiders - The Street Profits triumphed
Brock Lesnar def. Omos
Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler Women’s Fatal 4-Way
GUNTHER def. Sheamus and Drew McIntyre—WWE Intercontinental Title
Bianca Belair def. Asuka—WWE Raw Women’s Title
Snoop Dogg def. The Miz
Edge def. Finn Balor
Roman Reigns def. Cody Rhodes—WWE Undisputed Universal Title

• Like 3

Cant believe I missed Rey mysterio vs finn balor in my state. Didnt know, but was actually relieved to see how lackluster the match was, but why, two if the greatest high flyers together and you dont take advantage of that?

• Like 3

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, Koravec said:

Cant believe I missed Rey mysterio vs finn balor in my state. Didnt know, but was actually relieved to see how lackluster the match was, but why, two if the greatest high flyers together and you dont take advantage of that?

If Rey Misterio was younger and in the same shape as his AAA/ECW days, then Im sure it would have been a different match. He's had a great run upto now, despite WCW lousy descision to de-mask him in the 90's.

• Like 2

@DragonClaws Rey threw a couple moves in there, nothing from finn though. Maybe I just dont know enough about basic capabilities but that guy has always wowed me, doing front flips over the rope and whatnot.

Man I really wish we could have an entire wrestling section on this forum. A lot to discuss and be informed on. Might just not be the right place. Because Im just a very casual fan and trying to learn a bit more.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

AEW Evolution was a soild PPV. Really enjoyed the MJF/Bryan match. It really kept me guessing who was going to win.

I liked the Mox/Hangman match just for the pure silliness of it all but outside of that, I can't stand either of them.

Dynamite continues to be shit.

WrestleMania was meh to me. I just don't like. I watched both nights in like 5mins. I just don't find WWE interesting any more. I used to love Asuka but the WWE really messed her up. All the dancing and shit is awful plus she's now 0-5 at WM.

The Wembley AEW event sounds awesome and there's another AEWxNJPW event coming soon. Hopefully they build it up better than last time.

Also please fuck off Orange Cassidy. UGH!

• Like 2

The Backlash PPV on Saturday was excellent, I gave it a 9/10 as the only match I wasn't really into was the 6-man tag.

The crowd in Puerto Rico was hot for everything including the appearances of Savio Vega & Carlito.

As for the new World Title tournament, I'm going with Seth to win it at Night of Champions.

I think on Smackdown, Bobby Lashley will be Roman's next challenger.

On the AEW side of things, the All In event at Wembley Stadium looks to be doing great sales so far in upwards of 60.000 people buying tickets.  It should be a sight to see on August 27th, though they haven't said if it's going to be a PPV or on streaming services like Max.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

AEW is on an all time low. Just such a boring bunch of weekly shows. Rampage isn't worth it and Dynamite is so inconsistent. Most of it has become a mess and WTF is it with have Orange on the show every bloody week.

They seriously dropped the ball on Wardlow. He should never speak as he sucks on the mic.

Hobbs has potential but AEW don't know how to build stars.

Jungle shit is utterly meh! Such a dull boring wrestler.

The womens division is so badly done. Jade needs to drop the belt as she hasn't improved at all.

Hayter should be facing Baker by now. She doesn't feel like the champ either.

Athena is having the best female matches but she's on ROH. Bah!

Comeback Punk!

• Like 2

-Night of Champions is this Saturday afternoon, it should be a decent show though I don't expect any titles to switch hands except for the new Raw World Champion to be crowned.  I think Seth will win it to be honest.

-Also AEW has Double or Nothing this Sunday, it should be alright as I see MJF retaining the title in the 4-way.  I think he will lose to Adam Cole later this year, probably at Full Gear in November.

-I heard Hayter is injured and there's a chance she may not make the PPV, which I think Toni will get the title back.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
25 minutes ago, SunChien said:

-Also AEW has Double or Nothing this Sunday, it should be alright as I see MJF retaining the title in the 4-way.  I think he will lose to Adam Cole later this year, probably at Full Gear in November.

I think this is dead on. There's no way MJF is losing this weekend (though he'll definitely win via underhanded tactics) and I think Cole is the perfect person to take the belt off him.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

DON is the first AEW PPV I'm not really excited for. The PPV will most likely be good as they usually are but I hate how Dynamite is so shit.

I've started FF them.

I don't see the point of Collision as I fear it'll end up as Rampage.

Has Punk been confirmed to even be on Collision yet?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

DON is the first AEW PPV I'm not really excited for. The PPV will most likely be good as they usually are but I hate how Dynamite is so shit.

I've started FF them.

I don't see the point of Collision as I fear it'll end up as Rampage.

Has Punk been confirmed to even be on Collision yet?

It's not confirmed as of yet, but the fact they're running the United Center in Chicago and Punk hinting at it on his instagram makes me think he will be there.

It probably won't sell out the place like last time but it should be interesting considering he has not made up with the Bucks/Omega yet.

• Like 2

Colonel Mortimer

Yeah probably the least excited I've been for an AEW PPV ever.  The BCC-Elite Match should be great though.

Love the idea of the 4-way match, but probably pulled the trigger on it too soon.  The story has really just highlighted how far ahead MJF is from the other 3.

I think I'd rather see a 2nd run from Omega or Hangman, than Cole getting the title.  Cole has never done much for me, plus seems like a significant injury risk at this point.

Edited by Colonel Mortimer
  • Like 2

DDT wrestler SakI Akai has announced she will be retiring on November 23 at the promotion's Ultimate Party Event. She began her career in 2011 and is the daughter of Japanese boxer Hidekazu Akai. 

Saki Akai - Wikipedia

• Like 2