Damme, Rush Hour 3, Damme News

Guest Liu chung liang

Guest Liu chung liang

From aint-it-cool-news.com/:

Will Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker understand the words coming out of Jean Claude Van Damme's mouff?

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Now, count this as a rumor so far, but it seems that Jean Claude Van Damme thinks he's signed on to play the villain in RUSH HOUR 3... Here's the scoop:

Here is a big scoop for you, Harry! Jean Claude Van Damme has signed on to play the main villain in "Rush Hour 3"(set to film in August). It involves Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker getting mixed up with Triads in Paris. Van Damme spoke on a recent British TV Show about it and was looking forward to working with Jackie Chan. Also rumored to be in the film is Michael "Kramer" Richards in either a big or bit role. I think, IMHO, that a Chan versus Van Damme one-on-one would be kick ass!(no pun intended)

Call me Muscles With Brusslesprouts

I know many people think AICN is Ratner-hate Central. I didn't flip for X3, but I don't blame Ratner for anything other than signing on to a movie he knew didn't have a script that was ready. I happen to get a lot of laughs out of the RUSH HOUR films and while this casting rumor is incredibly bizarre I can actually see this working. Van Damme's got the aged fighter thing going for him... unfortunately it's only been going direct to video recently, but the idea of Van Damme playing a brooding baddie in a RUSH HOUR film seems to fit... and like Brusslesprouts above, I'd love to see that end fight between Van Damme and Chan. And what's up with Michael Richards? I say team him up with Jeremy Piven's character from the second film. What do you folks think?

Van Damme raising the bar 'Till Death'

Trailer to his new movie: trailersforthemasses.blogspot.com/2006/08/til-death-2007-exclusive-promo-trailer.html

A word of caution, it contains intense violence, strong language, brief sex, and Van Damme’s best acting performance yet.

TILL DEATH looks to be capable of putting Van Damme on a whole new playing field. The plot outline on IMDb states that he plays a dirty cop with a heroin addiction who is disliked by all until an accident during a gunfight puts him in a coma. He comes out of it wanting to be a better man… and get the bad guys of course.

What’s most remarkable is that the acting actually looks good. Most notable among the supporting cast is Irish actor Stephen Rea who was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for his role in THE CRYING GAME. He was recently seen in V FOR VENDETTA.

Another contributing factor may be co-scribe Dan Harris, whose credits include X2 and SUPERMAN RETURNS.

Simon Fellows as director doesn’t say too much. He directed Van Damme in SECOND IN COMMAND and also helmed the poorly received Wesley Snipes actioner 7 SECONDS.

Van Damme has been on the comeback trail for some time now. While general movie news sites are quick to point out that his recent movies have been direct-to-video or “bottom shelf†releases, they often overlook that the quality of these movies has been steadily improving. For proof, look to IN HELL (2003) and WAKE OF DEATH (2004).

I have yet to see his two latest releases SECOND IN COMMAND (see trailers) and THE HARD CORPS (see trailer), both out in 2006, but they look promising.

Van Damme has been working hard to not only reclaim his former glory, but in my view surpass it. Although not usually the case with action stars, some actors get better with age and experience. That just might be happening.

TIL DEATH is slated for home video release on Jan. 19, 2007.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest luckystars

Sorry, Till Death looks awful.

I would be psyched about a JC/VD mush up...if I could ever be excited about a Ratner project. But yes, it does sound as cool as the Orange/Seagal cinema spots in the UK. :P

Guest Markgway

I agree Van Damme is getting better in the acting stakes... but Till Death looks woeful. Please someone give this man a good script and director. He's obviously trying very hard.

Guest theportlykicker
These days it might be the other way around!

No way man! Jackie still fights better than Van Damme ever did on screen! Jackie just needs to lay off the (wired) high kicks and he looks just fine.

Guest The Running Man

Why the hell would anyone put up on the net such a crap trailer in order to promote a movie? Seriously, if anything it's gonna make people stay away from it.

Archived