Why all the hype for recent Arrow, 88 Films, and Criterion releases?

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't these movies been released a dozen times throughout the years in different regions and by different companies?

Seems like fans of these movies would already have them by now. So why all the fuss?

What makes these new versions so special?

FightingFool

Upgrades in picture quality&/Extra materials...Felt bit silly tho week +ago when left Joseph Kuo box to store and bought new release of Armor of God, movie seen (too) many times in past and in Kuo box there would have been new material. But can`t buy everything...

• Like 3

In the Arrow set there's never been english-friendly blus of Shaolin Temple,Executioners of Shaolin, Challenge Of The Masters,Heroes Of The East,Dirty Ho, the international version of Chinatown Kid. King Boxer and Boxer From Shantung,Five Venoms,Crippled Avengers,Challenge Of The Masters have been restored by Arrow and have the framecuts reinstated. The only non-upgrades for me in this set is Peking Man and Five Shaolin Masters.

88 are releasing new to blu Shaw movies, Shaolin Mantis,Flag Of Iron,Monkey Kung Fu.Big upgrades on existing releases (Chinese Boxer is on a BD50 rather than the german BD25, has improved subtitles,english dub and is 1080p rather than 1080i. And of course gorgeous KFB artwork)

Eureka? Millionare's Express hybrid cut, Lucky Stars movies, One Armed Boxer in true HD instead of the japanese upscale disc, loads of Sammo in best versions ever, classic Golden Harvest coming in 2022.

It's a fantastic time to be a fan.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm

88, eureka, arrow and add on 3rd world films etc are a kung fu and Asian cinema fans wet dream come true!!! 

• Like 3