What is your favorite DIE HARD clone starring a martial arts actor?

DrNgor

Favorite DIE HARD rip-off with a martial arts actor?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite DIE HARD clone starring a martial arts actor?

• Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
    • Sudden Death (Jean-Claude Van Damme)
    • Passenger 57 (Wesley Snipes)
    • Deadly Outbreak (Jeff Speakman)
    • City Hunter (Jackie Chan)
    • High Risk/Meltdown (Jet Li)
    • Bloodfist VI: Ground Zero (Don "The Dragon" Wilson)
    • The Peacekeeper (Dolph Lundgren)
    • Red Wolf (Kenny Ho)
    • Welcome to Sudden Death (Michael Jai White)

I know I'll be missing out on a lot of movies. It's a huge sub-genre. But what is your favorite DIE HARD clone?

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Don't see how Blacksheep Affair is a DH clone at all.

I edited it to be Red Wolf instead. 

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

I'm going with Welcome to Sudden Death solely on the fight between MJW against Marrese Crump & his partner.

Now I need to dig out my copy of Red Wolf and rewatch that. That takes place on an ocean liner, right?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Now I need to dig out my copy of Red Wolf and rewatch that. That takes place on an ocean liner, right?

Yep! It's a fun one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DragonClaws said:

would Derailed 2002 starring Van Damme count as a Die Hard knock-off?.

Probably. But what little of it I've seen makes me skeptical that anyone could hold it as a favorite. Same goes for Half Past Dead.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

Just to be clear, what exactly are we saying is the definition of a 'Die Hard' clone? Are we saying it's a character - usually an off-duty cop, former special forces etc. - who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, said place being a confined location that's been taken over by terrorists - like a building, ship, plane etc.?

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, DarthKato said:

High Risk/Meltdown is such a weird movie, but I cannot help but love it. 

Yep, it’s ‘High Risk’ for me! Wong Jing madness at its finest!

• Like 3

Would Executive Decision - (1996) make thie list, if Seagal handn't got fired and wrote out of the story?. It might has well been Under Siege 3, in terms of the plot.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Van damme in Sudden Death, Seagal in the under Seige movies, Iko Iwais in The Raid. Top Tier movies and just as good as Die Hard especially the Raid.  

On 12/24/2021 at 3:27 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Just to be clear, what exactly are we saying is the definition of a 'Die Hard' clone? Are we saying it's a character - usually an off-duty cop, former special forces etc. - who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, said place being a confined location that's been taken over by terrorists - like a building, ship, plane etc.?

Confined location being taken over by bad guys and outnumbered.  Definitely not the Christmas themed part. 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:21 PM, DrNgor said:

I know I'll be missing out on a lot of movies. It's a huge sub-genre. But what is your favorite DIE HARD clone?

At first I was gonna say Speed which might be my fav action movie but keanie reeves wasn't doing martial arts at that time. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Would Executive Decision - (1996) make thie list, if Seagal handn't got fired and wrote out of the story?.

Yeah, I had considered that one. But since he dies pretty early on, it got disqualified.

13 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

At first I was gonna say Speed which might be my fav action movie but keanie reeves wasn't doing martial arts at that time. 

Had Paramount not sold the script to Fox and filmed it with Jeff Speakman as had been planned, then it would have showed up on the list.

• Like 2

Just now, DrNgor said:

Yeah, I had considered that one. But since he dies pretty early on, it got disqualified.

How cool would it have been, to see Kurt Russell or Halle Berry pull a few Aikido style moves?.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

How cool would it have been, to see Kurt Russell or Halle Berry pull a few Aikido style moves?.

Halle Berry could have busted out the MMA or Catwoman acrobatic kicks, and then Kurt Russell would have jumped onto the scene with a Tech-9 in one hand and a knife in the other after everyone was already down.

• Like 2