Soulblade's 'Legend of the Wolf'?

Guest chen lung

Guest Markgway

Jeez, that Soulblade image is awful.

Yes, the Force is easily the best image-wise, but I'd probably still be tempted by Jumbo's Cantonese track/subs.

Either would be preferable to the Soulblade mess, mind.

Luckily it's not a choice I have to make.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jirpy100

I know some of you have contacts at Soulblade, please direct them to this thread. LOTW has a strong cult following amongst many new and old-school fans, and if they release a decent subtitled copy they will find the audience! Did they do any market research before releasing the current over-priced disc? If so, they need to fire the researcher's ass! I doubt that they'll sell more than a few hundred copies - if that many!

After Ballistic Kiss Donnie gained many Japanese fans, and that's a very rich market. So what are they waiting for? More bootlegs to do the rounds? Release the film in 1.85 (or is it 1.78?) with a mono Cantonese track and the original English dubbed track, if possible, and 1st rate subtitles. Let us see the film in all its sepia-toned glory!!!

I'd personally pay between 10-15 UK pounds for a decent release. I'm not expecting reference quality, due to my knowledge of the original elements, but at least a decent (8/10) anamorphic presentation.

Archived