Dragon Lee

MG Lerox

OK, here is some damn rare info that i can bet none of you don`t know.

Do you know that Dragon Lee in his early days was body builder?

Do you know that Dragon Lee studied economics in Kyrgystan school and got diplome

Do you know that Dragon Lee won UNESCO medal?

Do you know that Dragon Lee got appreciation of Pakistan consulat?

Do you know that Dragon Lee has wife and two sons, and his older son is planing to be an actor?

Do you know that Dragon Lee in 2009 got award called "Proud of Korea".

I hope you liked this information, they are very rare, it was damn hard to find it. I also have some rare pictures of Dragon Lee with his family, so if you like this i`ll post that too, everything for fans:bigsmile::xd::tongue:

Here's the thread for all things Dragon Lee related. I'll be adding a short biography and filmography at a later date. If anyone has any biographical information they could share, about the actor?.

DragonLee3.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Excellent idea and long overdue. Sorry I don't have any info besides what readily available online but I'll definitely post any videos, articles, photos etc that I come across about him.

• Like 3

Enter the Invincible Hero: Bruce Lee’s Legacy Continues with Dragon Lee - (By UltimateActionMovies.Com)

- Godfrey Ho and Dragon Lee continue on Bruce Lee’s Kung Fu legacy!

Link- https://ultimateactionmovies.com/enter-the-invisible-hero-dragon-lee/

image source- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enter-the-Invincible-Hero-1981-Dragon-Lee-Vintage-Movie-Poster-/264772484588

Image 1 - Enter the Invincible Hero 1981 Dragon Lee Vintage Movie Poster

• Like 2

Dragon Lee (born August 12, 1958 in North Korea), is an actor and practitioner of Taekwondo and Hapkido.
His birth name is Moon Kyoung-seok but has been called Keo Ryong in South Korea. Soon after his birth, his family relocated to the former U.S.S.R where he was given the name Vyachaslev Yaksysnyi. His family remained there until Lee was a teenager after then they relocated to South Korea.

After that he studied taekwondo with friend and actor Kim Tai Chung It was at this stage of his life that Lee began studying also the Korean martial art of hapkido under the direction of Hwang In-Shik.

source- https://martialartsincinema.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/dragon-lee/

VHS cover: source- https://www.cinematerial.com/movies/dragon-lee-vs-five-brothers-i165255/p/kyo4ngqh

https://media-cache.cinematerial.com/p/500x/kyo4ngqh/dragon-lee-vs-five-brothers-german-vhs-movie-cover.jpg?v=1540544810

• Like 3

Here is a very recent picture of Dragon Lee that I found on Facebook, among a lot of other ones.

By the way, does anyone which one of his movies is also known under the aka The angry dragon ? The movie I found on hkmdb under this title isn't one he played in.

318190446_829189564807808_1562116506582966207_n.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

By the way, does anyone which one of his movies is also known under the aka The angry dragon ? The movie I found on hkmdb under this title isn't one he played in.

You're quite lucky that I was actually dealing with that issue myself while sorting my DVD of "The Angry Dragon" a few days ago. The Korean title is Five Great Disciples and it is on HKMDB under Fury Of Dragon.

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

You're quite lucky that I was actually dealing with that issue myself while sorting my DVD of "The Angry Dragon" a few days ago. The Korean title is Five Great Disciples and it is on HKMDB under Fury Of Dragon.

Thanks a lot !!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 7:05 PM, DragonClaws said:

Here's the thread for all things Dragon Lee related. I'll be adding a short biography and filmography at a later date. If anyone has any biographical information they could share, about the actor?.

I'd be happy to share info with you on Keo Ryong (aka Dragon Lee), all the Koreans deserve their own page, if only info was easy to come by. It might not be for some time though, as I've got a lot of Korean stuff to sort through, but let me know if you need a hand I'd I'll try to fast track Dragon stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

I think that I have several dvds of this one ! Mine is under the title Dragon Lee and the five brothers. Good movie, if I remember well, but it seems that there were some flows, maybe because of some cut scenes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I think that I have several dvds of this one ! Mine is under the title Dragon Lee and the five brothers. Good movie, if I remember well, but it seems that there were some flows, maybe because of some cut scenes.

Same here, I have a version with that title too, lol. It seems that most of the Korean films are cut down, I'm not sure of the reasons, but I think it might've been to keep the film to 1h30 for cinema spaces maybe.

• Like 2

I just found this on Facebook :

Chairman of the Korean Film Actors Association Georyong/Keo Ryong (real name Moon Kyung-seok) won the Popular Arts Award at the 64th Seoul Culture Awards Ceremony.

320335902_921790572538836_5591487954902726881_n.jpg

• Like 3

Most people know him as just that muscly Bruce Lee clone, but he's done so much for his juniors and Korean cinema as a whole over the years.

• Like 4

On 12/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, J.J. Hayden said:

I'd be happy to share info with you on Keo Ryong (aka Dragon Lee), all the Koreans deserve their own page, if only info was easy to come by. It might not be for some time though, as I've got a lot of Korean stuff to sort through, but let me know if you need a hand I'd I'll try to fast track Dragon stuff.

Thanks @J.J. Hayden, that would be much apprciated. I missed the Eastern Heroes magazine special with Dragon Lee on the cover. It not been my main focus at the moment.

• Like 3

Spotted this error during my some research and though it best to post now before I forget about it. I'm down so many rabbit holes at the moment I'm expecting to bump into General Woundwort :P 

It's a rather unusual one in that it's an error on HKMDB, KMDB and many others too!!! The following two pictures are not from Twelve Gates Of Hell (1980), but are actually from Eighteen Women Fighters Of Murim (aka The 18 Amazones) (1979). Both pictures feature the film's main star Keo Ryong (aka Dragon Lee).

image.jpeg.aae86d611d066778542565d3baf8ba2a.jpeg

The second picture is listed as also featuring Kim Min-jeong and Kim Yeong-il (aka Eagle Han), however it is actually Im Eun-joo (aka Pearl Lin) and Jang Il-do (aka Bruce Lai).

image.jpeg.c271664040b93d544451cabb1f542626.jpeg

• Like 3

DragonClaws

@J.J. Hayden, if you could share some of your Dragon Lee knowledge, it would be much apprciated. When I started this thread, there were no other threads in this sub forum about him. However, a lot have started hae now just been merged into other existing threads, that are much older. I was going to start a few threads on a few other actors, but there is no need if there are already other threads on the forum waiting to be moved here. 

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden

Looks like it's really happening, Tiger's Trigger is actually going to see release. Things are looking exciting at the press conference with Won Jin showing off some moves and plenty of Korean martial arts cinema royalty showing up to give their support.

image.thumb.jpeg.d61a00b079bb338a6fccf776bf6e120e.jpeg

Cheers

• Like 2