Fists of Fiction - An Anthology of Martial Arts Stories

DrNgor

IN A WORLD where the PRC can't make a good kung fu movie to save their lives and Hong Kong action is a mere shadow of its former itself...

...where too many Western filmmakers mistake shaky-cam and quick cuts for "kinetic fight scenes"....

...comes Fists of Fiction, an Anthology of Martial Arts Stories...

...Five authors bring you two stories each dedicated to awesome depictions of martial arts in prose with short stories ranging from historical fiction to wuxia to modern action.

Those authors are:

Scott Blasingame - @ShaOW!linDude - author of the Warrior-Son books and the NightDragon series

Mike Lauck - @Michael L. - Author of The Grand Tournament and White Tiger, Black Leopard

JF Lee - Author of wuxia novels  Sword of Sorrow, Blade of Joy and Fangs of the Black Tiger

Kyle Fisk - @Ky-Fi or @KyFi - Author of Dragons and Boxers

Blake Matthews - @DrNgor -  Author of It's All About the Style: A Survey of Martial Arts Styles  Depicted in Chinese Cinema

And the best part? You can download it for free! 

Check it out and support our martial arts authors: https://storyoriginapp.com/directdownloads/80fb2504-bd18-4562-8329-e7c516f4d9f2?fbclid=IwAR0K-oMKb_rV48QCHx5LfELlYxkbSrMPHnKT0XJ05qxBGtfJfQu_O7bRDCk

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 3

52 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

IN A WORLD where the PRC can't a good kung fu movie to save their lives and Hong Kong action is a mere shadow of its former itself...

...where too many Western filmmakers mistake shaky-cam and quick cuts for "kinetic fight scenes"....

...comes Fists of Fiction, an Anthology of Martial Arts Stories...

...Five authors bring you two stories each dedicated to awesome depictions of martial arts in prose with short stories ranging from historical fiction to wuxia to modern action.

Those authors are:

Scott Blasingame - @ShaOW!linDude - author of the Warrior-Son books and the NightDragon series

Mike Lauck - @Michael L. - Author of The Grand Tournament and White Tiger, Black Leopard

JF Lee - Author of wuxia novels  Sword of Sorrow, Blade of Joy and Fangs of the Black Tiger

Kyle Fisk - @Ky-Fi or @KyFi - Author of Dragons and Boxers

Blake Matthews - @DrNgor -  Author of It's All About the Style: A Survey of Martial Arts Styles  Depicted in Chinese Cinema

And the best part? You can download it for free! 

Check it out and support our martial arts authors: https://storyoriginapp.com/directdownloads/80fb2504-bd18-4562-8329-e7c516f4d9f2?fbclid=IwAR0K-oMKb_rV48QCHx5LfELlYxkbSrMPHnKT0XJ05qxBGtfJfQu_O7bRDCk

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yep, I'm one of the authors, and we had a lot of fun putting this anthology together. 

We're all big kung fu movie fans, although our styles are all different--but I think there's something for everyone in this collection!

From stories set in old China, to modern adventure and fantasy, we cover quite a bit of ground, and we do enjoy writing our fight scenes!

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 2

I haven't had time to read your texts as yet, but I'll try to do it during the Christmas Holidays.

I would love to  participate in this adventure, but in my opinion, there are three major obstacles to this :

1) Maybe you won't agree

2) I'm not sure that my English is goo enough to write a whole story in this language (though I've been participating to a Wuxia Round Robin on another site...that is waiting for the authors to continue the story, but we all have a lot of work...)

3) As I'm not a martial arts practitioner, my fight scenes won't be interesting to the people who will read the stories...

• Like 5

On 12/12/2021 at 10:29 AM, ShawAngela said:

I would love to  participate in this adventure, but in my opinion, there are three major obstacles to this :

1) Maybe you won't agree

2) I'm not sure that my English is goo enough to write a whole story in this language (though I've been participating to a Wuxia Round Robin on another site...that is waiting for the authors to continue the story, but we all have a lot of work...)

3) As I'm not a martial arts practitioner, my fight scenes won't be interesting to the people who will read the stories...

I'm by no means an authority on Martial Arts fiction, but from what Ive read of your posts here. You have the ability to take part in this, if you wanted to of course.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jesse Smooth said:

I’m sorry to promote my buddies here, but this is his first book. Yes, it is a martial arts/urban story. The first I’m a planned series. Just think of a cross between John Shaft and Honey West.

image.thumb.jpeg.b11aaca137c17a3793415c4f4e09189f.jpeg

Kori Jade: Lady Extraordinaire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K262G47/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_B4HJN0SZ7YQ12G7DCGMQ

This looks interesting and fits my love for the female fighters !

• Like 2

Jesse Smooth
56 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

This looks interesting and fits my love for the female fighters !

Frank has a lot of planned stories involving female fighters.

• Like 3

Four-star review at Goodreads:

This is a compendium of martial art stories. For the most part, they were well written however, with the exception of one or two they are in dire need of professional editing. The editing problems are often so bad they bounce you out of the story and cause a significant distraction from otherwise good storytelling. If the editing had been better I could have given this five stars.

• Like 2