Renfield (2023) - Nicholas Hoult, Nicolas Cage, Awkwafina, Ben Schwartz

AlbertV

Universal Pictures has announced that Nicolas Cage is returning to a major studio film as he will play the legendary Dracula in Renfield, which will star Nicholas Hoult as the vampire's titular henchman. Chris McKay will be helming the film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/nicolas-cage-dracula-movie-universal-renfield-1235055003/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Nicolas Cage as Dracula is a direct-to-DVD premise if I've ever heard one. But with Chris McKay attached, I'm genuinely interested. The Tomorrow War wasn't perfect but I think he has a lot of potential as a live action director.

• Like 2

The plot has been described. It is being a horror adventure with comedic tones with Rick and Morty writer Ryan Ridley writing the script:

"Nicholas Hoult has been set to star as the title character of R.M. Renfield, an inmate at a lunatic asylum who was thought to be suffering from delusions but is actually a servant of the Transylvanian vampire Count Dracula."

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AlbertV said:

The plot has been described. It is being a horror adventure with comedic tones with Rick and Morty writer Ryan Ridley writing the script:

"Nicholas Hoult has been set to star as the title character of R.M. Renfield, an inmate at a lunatic asylum who was thought to be suffering from delusions but is actually a servant of the Transylvanian vampire Count Dracula."

This really sounds like its going to be amazing. 

• Like 2

Isn't it about time Awkwafina uses her actual name? She's a fully fledged actress now and no longer doing YouTube skits.

Just a minor gripe.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 4:38 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Isn't it about time Awkwafina uses her actual name? She's a fully fledged actress now and no longer doing YouTube skits.

Just a minor gripe.

I could see if she uses her real name with her stage name...Nora "Awkwafina" Lum 

• Like 2

The film will be coming out on April 14, 2023 and the film's story comes from The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman with Ryan Ridley writing the script:

“The film centers on Renfield (Nicholas Hoult), who has grown sick and tired of his centuries as Dracula’s (Nicolas Cage) lackey. The henchman finds a new lease on life and maybe even redemption when he falls for feisty, perennially angry traffic cop Rebecca Quincy (Awkwafina).”

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3704985/renfield-will-bring-nicolas-cages-dracula-to-theaters-in-spring-2023/

• Like 2

On 3/29/2022 at 8:41 AM, AlbertV said:

Nicolas Cage as Dracula on the set

nic-cage-2.jpg
nic-cage-1.jpg&q=60

Looks more like The Joker than Dracula. Now that I think about it, Nic Cage would probably make a pretty good Joker. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:29 AM, AlbertV said:

Nic Cage goes OTT again but I'm actually all for this...

I honestly cannot tell how good or bad this is going to be from the trailer. It could go either way. 

• Like 1

Terrifier's Jenna Kanell and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2's Caroline Williams are also in the film.

• Like 1

The film is now on Peacock. Watching it and I'm enjoying the hell out of this movie. Some pretty good action scenes, seeing Awkwafina playing it more straight with just bits of her comic style, and Nicolas Cage's Dracula is a freaking hoot!!! 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1