Twilight of the Warriors: Walled In (formerly known as Kowloon Walled City) (2024)

Drunken Monk

thehangman

Saw it friday was ok abit too much wire work for my liking and camera abit all over the place during action scenes so hard to catch stuff

• Like 4

DrNgor

It has reached 77 million HKD at the box office. It is now the third highest grossing local film of all time.

20240526_212856.jpg

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Felt the wire work was not needed.Modern setting so keep it grounded for me but I still enjoyed the film.Not sure I’d watch it again though.👍👍👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sym8 said:

Felt the wire work was not needed.Modern setting so keep it grounded for me but I still enjoyed the film.Not sure I’d watch it again though.👍👍👍

Damn these wires... Haven't we learned anything :laluot_32: Anyway, I will check this out asap... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Karlos

Obviously take with a huge pinch of salt, but I've read comments on a couple of reviews saying that a 3 and a half hour cut is coming?!

Anyone have any ideas if this is true?

• Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer
13 hours ago, Karlos said:

Obviously take with a huge pinch of salt, but I've read comments on a couple of reviews saying that a 3 and a half hour cut is coming?!

Anyone have any ideas if this is true?

That would be an additional 85 minutes on top of the current runtime which seems unlikely. In my opinion it definitely wouldn't work as a 3:30 hour movie, but who knows, if that much footage was shot maybe it explains the announcement of the further 2 instalments which are now planned?

• Like 2

Twilight of The Warriors: Walled In - Film Review & Reaction with Ultim8 Fight Clan & I on his youtube channel

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
7 hours ago, rdenn said:

Twilight of The Warriors: Walled In - Film Review & Reaction with Ultim8 Fight Clan & I on his youtube channel

Excellent and get real deep into certain aspects of character appeal, kung or action, inspired bits and pieces,  history chat, gaming convo, lots of jokes & subs..Great Viewing.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
Posted (edited)

Hong Kong promotion..awww some good Char Siu Rice.

received_319462217869304.jpeg

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 1

I've got a feeling we could get a lot more HK films set in the 80s/90s, for a variety of reasons.

Drunken Monk

Seeing this in a packed theater would be glorious. Well, as long as it was packed with likeminded people. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Seeing this in a packed theater would be glorious. Well, as long as it was packed with likeminded people. 

Don't get me started... I've been working as a GM in a theater for nearly 6 years now. And some of these "people" are insufferable to say the least. 

But I think when it comes to these type of films chances are high that you have fans of the genre in attendance. 

Unlike the blockbuster films that attracts every schmuck in town.

Edited by laagi

Drunken Monk
15 minutes ago, laagi said:

Don't get me started... I've been working as a GM in a theater for nearly 6 years now. And some of these "people" are insufferable to say the least. 

But I think when it comes to these type of films chances are high that you have fans of the genre in attendance. 

I used to go to the movies almost every week and now I go maybe once every three months. If it's not noisey teens or people bringing their kids, it's fully gown men and women checking their phones every two minutes. It's become insufferable.

But I do agree, foreign cinema does tend to have better audiences.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
3 hours ago, laagi said:

Have you caught anyone trying to film something (asking for a friend..............)?

kramer-pirate.gif

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Have you caught anyone trying to film something (asking for a friend..............)?

kramer-pirate.gif

Besides themselves (Tik Tok)... Nope.

• Like 1

Yihetuan

I caught this the other day and just want to say Well Go better release this as a 4K UHD because the HDR print I saw was glorious and so richly captured the neon nightlife of 80s HK. The set that was constructed is incredible. It's been talked to death already, so i won't go into it anymore than to say I will definitely be making a trip to see it theatrically next month.

• Like 5

OpiumKungFuCracker

This is exactly what I like to see on the big screen. I’m just too unmotivated to leave the house to go see it.  

Yihetuan
6 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

This is exactly what I like to see on the big screen. I’m just too unmotivated to leave the house to go see it.  

Go see it bro. I already watched it twice but still bought tickets for the show tonight at my local AMC. Dragging the gf along whether she likes it or not.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1