The Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray Thread

20 hours ago, Scottfu said:

I would rather see another label spend time on any number of 100's of asian films not on Blu-ray yet. Too much doubling up of releases when so much untouched. 

Agreed. I'd rather own 100 great movies than 5 different releases of 20 great movies. Luckily, so many labels got in on the game that there's plenty of good stuff out there even with all the double and triple releases. 

TheFlyingPanda

I was too, Completely Surprised with Burning Paradise out-off dozens probabilities from VS, but this is exciting and paves a way for obscure Martial arts films seeing the light of day Remastered. I'm loving VS more and more. 

• Like 1

I wish they would release those american "vintage" martial arts movies always as double or triple feature. As much as love to see them in VSA collection can`t force myself to pay €30.89 for Red Sun Rising or Jalal Merhi movies apiece. It`s bit sucky "better"(this is of course subjective" like rightning wrongs and ice man cometh are cheaper..

Well, at least on Black Friday can purchase Talons of the eagle and Expect no mercy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

6D752ECD-53E5-42BA-833C-E9D2327C161A.jpeg

Isn't this the same thing that's going on with the 88 debacle?   Using old commentaries is not exactly modern working relationship

1 hour ago, nectarsis said:

Isn't this the same thing that's going on with the 88 debacle?   Using old commentaries is not exactly modern working relationship

Well Reel East (Bey Logan's company) put out a comment way back in August about working on new extras for 88. With the releases pushed maybe that means they are working on different ones that don’t include Bey and are in damage control.

Edited by dk8819
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, JanPospisil said:

Anyone know what happened to Burning Paradise? The entry seems to be completely gone from VS website.

It should be back when the Black Friday sale starts. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

And while you're here, indulge in an exclusive taste of what we have in store for 2023:
In January, we'll be delving back into Category III horror, with a box set featuring a trio of gruesome shockers, in addition to the UHD debut of an iconic 80s gore-fest, a whacked out regional creature film, and one of the best exploitation-horror hybrids to come out of the wilds of Mexican genre cinema (it's been the talk of the VS office and the film we're most excited for).

Then in February, we've got another blood soaked delight from Hong Kong along with a melty treat of American folk horror, in addition to a psychotic - yet beautiful - slice of Eastern Euro sci-fi!

March is shaping up to offer a box set celebrating one of Mexico's most acclaimed genre film directors, including new 4K restorations of some of his most iconic works, along with UHDs of a late 90s indie shocker and an 80s Italian-American gore-fest.

The rest of the year will bring disc (including several BD & UHD) debuts of plentiful Slasher rarities, some of which have never (legally) made it off tape, plus more 70s and 80s Exploitation and Horror (from the US and Europe), more regional weirdness, more Hong Kong action and horror, and of course more Gialli! Plus, in honor of our 10th anniversary, we're working on an epic box set that will speak both to the origins and history of VS and champion the type of way-out, forgotten films we were founded on releasing. We guarantee this set will defy expectations.

• Like 8

Ordered Burning Paradise during the Black Friday sale. The remaster looks incredible, and it seems like a great way to see it for the first time. Glad Vinegar Syndrome is releasing more HK films very soon.

• Like 5

Jizzmaster Jerry
On 10/13/2022 at 2:39 PM, Drunken Monk said:

6D752ECD-53E5-42BA-833C-E9D2327C161A.jpeg

Do what you want.  Bey Logan has been shunned long enough.  Louis CK has forced his way back into the mainstream and it’s been accepted by many popular celebrities.  Bill Cosby was found guilty in court and was released from prison.  James Franco just recently finally admitted that what he did was wrong, kind of, after years of denial.  And he never even took a break from acting.  Does anyone hold a grudge against Mike Tyson anymore?  He seems to be loved by everybody.  Wasn’t he convicted of rape, and bite a guy’s ear off?   Maybe he gets a pass because he’s never been the smartest guy around.  He is probably the only person in the world who can’t beat Glass Joe in Mike Tyson’s Punch Out.  I could go on and on talking about people like Bill Murray, Kevin Spacey making a come back, although I think he is going to have a trial soon.  Bey Logan isn’t a mainstream celeb like many others, so your voice is actually heard when you say you want him excluded from any DVD releases.  But I don’t think he should be blackballed forever.  Maybe it’s just me, but I miss the special features that he contributes to these releases.  He deserved the backlash he got, but I’m willing to forgive him.  He made a huge mistake.  And he’s admitted to making mistakes in the past.  He’s not one of the worst people to ever live.  

Im talking to everyone when I say this, not anybody in particular.  I’m not excusing Bey Logan for what he’s admitted to and been accused of, I’m just saying that I’m willing to accept him back into the special features business.  

Edited by Jizzmaster Jerry

TigerCage1990
On 12/4/2022 at 6:46 AM, Jizzmaster Jerry said:

Do what you want.  Bey Logan has been shunned long enough.  Louis CK has forced his way back into the mainstream and it’s been accepted by many popular celebrities.  Bill Cosby was found guilty in court and was released from prison.  James Franco just recently finally admitted that what he did was wrong, kind of, after years of denial.  And he never even took a break from acting.  Does anyone hold a grudge against Mike Tyson anymore?  He seems to be loved by everybody.  Wasn’t he convicted of rape, and bite a guy’s ear off?   Maybe he gets a pass because he’s never been the smartest guy around.  He is probably the only person in the world who can’t beat Glass Joe in Mike Tyson’s Punch Out.  I could go on and on talking about people like Bill Murray, Kevin Spacey making a come back, although I think he is going to have a trial soon.  Bey Logan isn’t a mainstream celeb like many others, so your voice is actually heard when you say you want him excluded from any DVD releases.  But I don’t think he should be blackballed forever.  Maybe it’s just me, but I miss the special features that he contributes to these releases.  He deserved the backlash he got, but I’m willing to forgive him.  He made a huge mistake.  And he’s admitted to making mistakes in the past.  He’s not one of the worst people to ever live.  

Im talking to everyone when I say this, not anybody in particular.  I’m not excusing Bey Logan for what he’s admitted to and been accused of, I’m just saying that I’m willing to accept him back into the special features business.  

Sadly not everyone feels that way about forgiving Bey Logan.  I understand how you feel about people still shunning Bey over what he did years ago but it's not going to go away.  Bey has made enemies with people in the in entertainment industry who claim he screwed them over and there is his feud with Mike Leeder that goes very deeper than people know.  

I'm not shocked that Vinegar doesn't want the headaches that 88 got bringing Bey back for features for Supercop 4K release that none of us will ever see now because of the backlash of his almost brief return.   I liked some of Bey's past work but i understand why alot of people don't feel comfortable around or even the idea of Bey Logan working with anyone again.

Spacey i'm not too sure how things will go for him but you're right he still has fans. just like Mel Gibson was disgraced for  decades  but people like myself don't condone what he did in the past but i can still enjoy his flims.  I still in my opinion  i consider him one of my favorite actors of all time.   Like Will Smith and the Oscar slap will never go away no matter how many times Will apologies people will still hold it against him no matter what he does.   Not the biggest fan of Franco,  he always seems to me a douche so i don't care he never works again.  

You're not the only one who feels this way about this on the subject of Bey Logan but one of the few who's been civil about it. I don't believe people will ever work with Bey unless they want to risk people boycotting them over working with Bey.

Jizzmaster Jerry

Thanks for your thoughts.  I don’t feel bad for Bey Logan at all for being outed.  But I miss him.  

I like Franco, not a lot, but some times he’s great like in This is the End.  In real life he seems like a douche.  Really bad timing when the news broke on him, because he had just finished his masterpiece The Disaster Artist.  All he wanted was to talk about was his movie, and seemed to expect people to forget him being a piece of shit immediately.  

• Like 1

TigerCage1990

I get what you mean about Bey Logan, On Franco well that's what happens when you have a rep like his it's hard to get passed it.  Franco is a good actor when he want's to be without taking himself too seriously that annoyed alot of his co-stars.   I do recall his recent interview that he wanted to talk about his new movie but nobody seemed to care that he did no matter it was good or bad.

Just got my copy of Burning Paradise the other day from them and a limited edition copy of New York Ninja on eBay. Both were very enjoyable! Im not sure which company I love the most in terms of distribution of martial arts movies. I'm just really glad Vinegar Syndrome is putting so much time and effort in remastering all these flicks. They're awesome!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TigerCage1990 said:

I got my early Christmas gifts this afternoon thanks to Vinegar Syndrome!

20221210_112619.jpg

My Sworn to justice is on its way. I don't think that i ever watched this movie, but when I saw the trailer on Vinegar Syndrome, I couldn't help but buy it during the Black Friday week... It's always a good thing o see Cynthia Rothrock kicking and punching !

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

My Sworn to justice is on its way. I don't think that i ever watched this movie, but when I saw the trailer on Vinegar Syndrome, I couldn't help but buy it during the Black Friday week... It's always a good thing o see Cynthia Rothrock kicking and punching !

And also shooting people and among other things too. The fights are good with Yuen Tak and Eric Lee doing the fight choreography. Great to see Kurt No Retreat No Surrender  Mckinney in action in that movie.  I highly recommend it, to me it's kind of Cynthia's american verison of Righting Wrongs alittle bit.

• Like 2

• Administrator
On 12/11/2022 at 6:17 AM, nahnahnah said:

Cynthia Rothrock revealed that Vinegar Syndrome will be releasing the China O'Brien films.

Doh! I'll bet she wasn't supposed to reveal that. :lipssealed But since I don't work for Vinegar Syndrome's PR department, it's great news!

On Friday I received a few pre-ordered items. First, the Paul Naschy film THE WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN (1971) which comes with a 4K disc and two Blu-rays, features three different versions of the film and some sweet special features, chief among them a full-length documentary called "The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry: Paul Naschy, The Life and Legend of a Horror Icon". It's fantastic that Naschy's films have been getting such love on physical media, from Mondo Macabro (THE HOWL OF THE DEVIL, 1988, PANIC BEATS, 1983, THE DEVIL INCARNATE, 1979, THE FRENCHMAN'S GARDEN, 1978, and INQUISITION, 1978), Scorpion Releasing (THE MUMMY'S REVENGE, 1975), Full Moon Features (ORGY OF THE LIVING DEAD, 1973), two Shout Factory collector's sets (ten films), and Vinegar Syndrome with COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE and THE KILLER IS ONE OF THIRTEEN (both from 1973- a very busy year for the filmmaker), followed by this impressive release. Good times for us fans!

Also in the package was the BURNING PARADISE Blu-ray, sporting gorgeous artwork by Tony Stella. Though it's not exactly what I'd consider a flat-out "classic", it is cool, and I'm a big fan of this film's strange, dark tone, unique setting, and Ringo Lam's directing of this brutal film.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

TigerCage1990
5 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Cynthia Rothrock revealed that Vinegar Syndrome will be releasing the China O'Brien films.

Not surprised,  but i wonder Brad from Vinegar be like. Cynthia, you weren't suppose to tell anyone that. But Brad ducks and covers from the fists, feet of fury of Cynthia Rothrock 😂😂😂  All joking aside, I hope Rage and Honor 1 & 2 get a release somewhere down the road.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Doh! I'll bet she wasn't supposed to reveal that. :lipssealed But since I don't work for Vinegar Syndrome's PR department, it's great news!

On Friday I received a few pre-ordered items. First, the Paul Naschy film THE WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN (1971) which comes with a 4K disc and two Blu-rays, features three different versions of the film and some sweet special features, chief among them a full-length documentary called "The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry: Paul Naschy, The Life and Legend of a Horror Icon". It's fantastic that Naschy's films have been getting such love on physical media, from Mondo Macabro (THE HOWL OF THE DEVIL, 1988, PANIC BEATS, 1983, THE DEVIL INCARNATE, 1979, THE FRENCHMAN'S GARDEN, 1978, and INQUISITION, 1978), Scorpion Releasing (THE MUMMY'S REVENGE, 1975), Full Moon Features (ORGY OF THE LIVING DEAD, 1973), two Shout Factory collector's sets (ten films), and Vinegar Syndrome with COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE and THE KILLER IS ONE OF THIRTEEN (both from 1973- a very busy year for the filmmaker), followed by this impressive release. Good times for us fans!

Also in the package was the BURNING PARADISE Blu-ray, sporting gorgeous artwork by Tony Stella. Though it's not exactly what I'd consider a flat-out "classic", it is cool, and I'm a big fan of this film's strange, dark tone, unique setting, and Ringo Lam's directing of this brutal film.

Maybe I mistake him with someone else, but wasn't Paul Naschy a martial arts actor ? The one who played with John Liu in Zen Kwan Do in Paris ?