The Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray Thread

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Anyone know what this "brutally violent, action-filled HK spectacular" movie is that VS referenced during their next BF sale?

We'll know in just two and a half hours. I'm very curious.

I hope it isn't STORY OF RICKY since we already have a great Blu-ray release of that title. I'm (greedily) hoping for something new that we haven't had yet.

• Like 3

It could be either Run and Kill or The Big Heat. My money is on the latter since it's been said to be directed by one of the genre's masters, and Johnnie To definitely fits that description.

^Run&Kill is with another American label.

And as it turned out to be Burning Paradise, was surprise. Was thinking some heroic bloodshed, BP did not cross the mind. Haven`t seen it for a decade so will buy it. Hopefully some interesting extras will be featured.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Chemical Lemon
10 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Is this flash sale only for if you want the whole package of four films? I only want Burning Paradise

Yeah *I think* last night was just an early bird option to get everything for their Black Friday items. I think we’re able to order just burning paradise when the Black Friday items go live. I think in the past that when they go live there have been some traffic issues that have caused people to miss out on items but I don’t feel like this is one that will sell out in minutes 

34 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Yeah *I think* last night was just an early bird option to get everything for their Black Friday items. I think we’re able to order just burning paradise when the Black Friday items go live. I think in the past that when they go live there have been some traffic issues that have caused people to miss out on items but I don’t feel like this is one that will sell out in minutes 

Just placed single order for Burning Paradise eagerly awaiting this release 

• Like 3

Got Burning Paradise from DDD not so long ago, but for the right extras, or any extras, I'll gladly part with me money. 

Hope Lam's gem gets the deserving release. 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I have not seen Burning Paradise since VHS.

I am curious to see to extras on this one. The cover art looks pretty good. Looking forward to full specs when they add on the website.

🐲🐲🥋🥋💥💥👊👊👏👏

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

50 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

99% chance I'll skip the VS release.

99% chance that I won`t. Will order stuff from VS anyway and even as it`s possible(or even likely UK release has better extras), amazon has doubled prices for international shipping. And 88 postage already damn expensive don`t want to gamble and wait if it`s  Eureka!who releases it...

On another matter, I am sure did read somewhere really long time go (from book or mag) Wong Kam Kong who plays lead villain his talent besides in acting was in painting or calligraphy, But don`t seem to find anything about it from web...anyone can verify this or do I remember wrong?

• Like 2

Chemical Lemon
3 hours ago, Graysman said:

Just placed single order for Burning Paradise eagerly awaiting this release 

Thanks, I couldn’t find it by browsing, but I searched for it and it came up.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
20 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Got Burning Paradise from DDD not so long ago, but for the right extras, or any extras, I'll gladly part with me money. 

Hope Lam's gem gets the deserving release. 

I held back with the HK release for some odd reason?I love this flick and Hooray for a western relaase of it, cant wait!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

I held back with the HK release for some odd reason?I love this flick and Hooray for a western relaase of it, cant wait!

Yeah, I'm holding back on Magic Crystal, The Champions and Magic Crane in hope we'll see UK Blu-ray releases. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

Yeah, I'm holding back on Magic Crystal, The Champions and Magic Crane in hope we'll see UK Blu-ray releases. 

I think Magic Crystal will definitely get a UK release at some point in time. And I would also like to see The Champions get a Eureka or 88 films release too.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

23 minutes ago, Graysman said:

I think Magic Crystal will definitely get a UK release at some point in time. And I would also like to see The Champions get a Eureka or 88 films release too.

Seems that when one label scores a release, it's easier for others to get ahold of the rights. There's been a number of films in the last year or two that got multiple releases, like Kuo's Shaolin Kung Fu which had a HK DVD (think there was also a BR) and German BR release prior to being included on Eureka's Cinematic Vengeance set. So, fingers crossed.

I remember @Irongod2112 commenting on the possibility of The Champions getting a UK release here on the forum. 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Happy to see Burning Paradise get a good release, I will be skipping and getting from a UK label, but as this is one of my favorite films from my second favorite director, very exciting.

• Like 3

The HK release has a great transfer but no original audio,something i'm sure VS and whatever UK Label has it will resolve. Will definitely upgrade when the UK release comes along.

• Like 4

Didnt expect burning paradise as wouldnt have described it as brutally gory. I know it has the usual new wave style lopped off limbs and good wirework choreography but didnt think it was any gorier than most at the time e.g blade of fury etc. Great film though and will be keeping an eye on the uk release when it comes as I'm not region free.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Lion said:

Didnt expect burning paradise as wouldnt have described it as brutally gory. I know it has the usual new wave style lopped off limbs and good wirework choreography but didnt think it was any gorier than most at the time e.g blade of fury etc. Great film though and will be keeping an eye on the uk release when it comes as I'm not region free.

The VS release is region free so doesn't matter. I'm kinda surprised someone else is releasing if ths VS one is region free, no rights issues? I would rather see another label spend time on any number of 100's of asian films not on Blu-ray yet. Too much doubling up of releases when so much untouched. 

• Like 6