The Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray Thread

1 hour ago, bickle14 said:

She didn't specifically say Vinegar Syndrome. Just that it was coming. Though... very likely it is VS.

Except she did directly say it was coming from VS. Otherwise why would I be posting it in this thread

A12912-AB-E26-C-4-AC6-96-B0-9-B9-EE4-EDC

• Like 3

TigerCage1990
8 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

Except she did directly say it was coming from VS. Otherwise why would I be posting it in this thread

That kinda shocked me when i woke up reading that post.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

That the person could be asking "Vinegar Syndrome?" in response to the picture she posted of Sworn To Justice, which is where that post is from. Just as well as her response could be with the intent of saying "yes" Sworn to Justice was released from VS. I think it it is more than likely that it is VS releasing it, but she does not explicitly say that. Just like when a bunch of people thought she implied VS was releasing Yes, Madam when all she said was it was getting a release and that was clearly wrong in regards to VS.

Someone also asked "remaster Tiger Claws" to which she replied "coming soon". It's already been released. She not always the most clear when it comes to replies.

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 1

TigerCage1990
6 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

That the person could be asking "Vinegar Syndrome?" in response to the picture she posted of Sworn To Justice, which is where that post is from. Just as well as her response could be with the intent of saying "yes" Sworn to Justice was released from VS. I think it it is more than likely that it is VS releasing it, but she does not explicitly say that. Just like when a bunch of people thought she implied VS was releasing Yes, Madam when all she said was it was getting a release and that was clearly wrong in regards to VS.

Huhh???  I'm abit lost on what you're sayin?

Edited by TigerCage1990
Wanted to fix an error

1 minute ago, TigerCage1990 said:

Huhh???  I'm abit lost on what you're saying.   She did confirm that China O'Brien is going to be released next year by Vinegar Syndrome, If you're still not convinced then you can go speak to her about it. 

Where does she specifically say that?  I'm not arguing that it is not likely coming from VS next year. I'm just stating that based off of that image and reply in the post she does not say that. She seemed to be replying that the China O'Brien is "coming soon" and that "Yes" the release in her photo is from VS. Is there another post or conversation?

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
30 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

Where does she specifically say that?  I'm not arguing that it is not likely coming from VS next year. I'm just stating that based off of that image and reply in the post she does not say that. She seemed to be replying that the China O'Brien is "coming soon" and that "Yes" the release in her photo is from VS. Is there another post or conversation?

I don't know where you're coming off here, It sounds to me you're starting an argument over nothing.  I don't recall myself or anyone saying what date exactly or anything, but the fact is Vinegar is releasing it sometime next year.  The woman herself confirmed this, funny i expected this from someone who works with Vinegar to upset over a small reveal. You're making it seem like Cynthia committed a crime by interacting with a fan about the release?  Should she not have said anything? You said in your early post it maynot be  Vineger? Clearly it is, you could'ev just my mistake, I'm sorry but you have to keep on arguing over this.  As i said if you have an issue go speak to her about this but i cannot promise she'll respond to anything you send to her.

I'm happy that China O'Brien is getting released, Vinegar is the right company in America to do so. 

Good day with yourself. And notice i've never once used any name calling to insult you at all. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TigerCage1990 said:

I don't know where you're coming off here, It sounds to me you're starting an argument over nothing.  I don't recall myself or anyone saying what date exactly or anything, but the fact is Vinegar is releasing it sometime next year.  The woman herself confirmed this, funny i expected this from someone who works with Vinegar to upset over a small reveal. You're making it seem like Cynthia committed a crime by interacting with a fan about the release?  Should she not have said anything? You said in your early post it maynot be  Vineger? Clearly it is, you could'ev just my mistake, I'm sorry but you have to keep on arguing over this.  As i said if you have an issue go speak to her about this but i cannot promise she'll respond to anything you send to her.

I'm happy that China O'Brien is getting released, Vinegar is the right company in America to do so. 

Good day with yourself. And notice i've never once used any name calling to insult you at all. 

I'm not trying to start argument nor am I "making it seem like Cynthia committed a crime by interacting with a fan about the release". I am happy to hear it is in the works and I hope VS are the ones to do it as well a bunch more of Rothrock's titles.  What I am trying to discuss is what she actually said. I've already said that I believe VS is likely to be the ones to releasing. All I am saying is she did not specifically say in that post that "China O'Brien is coming soon from Vinegar Syndrome". The post in question was a photo of VS release of Sworn to Justice. One person says they hope China O'Brien gets a remastered release to which she replies "coming soon". Another person replies to the photo of Sworn to Justice asking "Vinegar Syndrome?" to which she replies "yes". The person is likely asking about Sworn to Justice being from Vinegar Syndrome. If there were two more posts in between the China O'Brien comment and the Vinegar Syndrome question it would be more clear. To further that point, you can see the time stamp on the FB posts. She replies at 10:13pm to both of these posts. The "Vinegar Syndrome?" question (12:40pm) was already there and it was not in reply to the China O'Brien comment (8:07pm). The China O'Brien comment was posted after the Vinegar Syndrome one.

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 1

‘She’s one of them chop suey fighters!’

Given Vinegar seem to be fans of Cynthia (judging by the string of films), it would come as no surprise to me to have the ‘China’ films released by them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, panzer said:

Honestly I can't imagine any other company putting out China O'Brien. Vinegar Syndrome probably got a bunch of Cynthia's other films on lock

Neither can I. And I would bet they have a bunch on lock as well (and more Jalal Merhi and Billy Blanks movies too). But that’s not the point I was trying to make. 

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 2

• Administrator
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe I mistake him with someone else, but wasn't Paul Naschy a martial arts actor ? The one who played with John Liu in Zen Kwan Do in Paris ?

You are mistaken my sister, but the idea of seeing Paul Naschy in a film with John Liu is certainly fuel for some very interesting daydreams. :bigsmile:

Naschy (aka, Jacinto Molina) is often referred to as "The King of Spanish Horror" and was an athlete and weight-lifter that became an actor, writer, producer, and director. He's most famous for playing the reoccurring role of tormented werewolf Waldermar Daninsky in over a dozen films, but also played Dracula, Jack The Ripper, a mummy, Frankenstein's monster, the Phantom of the opera, the Devil, and various other madmen. His character Daninsky, once transformed into a werewolf, is one of the most physical and ferocious depictions of this creature in cinema. Naschy started making movies in 1960, with his first foray into cinematic lyncanthrope coming in 1968, and his output going strong until the late '80s. But he did continue making and featuring in films until his death at in 2009 (and actually had, and apparently still has, more titles released after his death) at the age of 75.

26944_10_large.jpg

curse_of_devil_poster_03.jpg

dr_jekyll_vs_werewolf_poster_01.jpg

FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERRORUUUUimages.jpg

frankensteins-bloody-terror-1968-shutterstock-editorial-5856774a.jpg

The Werewolf Versus Vampire Woman26944_1_large.jpg

wwty-2.jpg

My apologies for derailing the thread a bit. But at least a few of Naschy's films are available via Vinegar Syndrome, so... :wink:

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe I mistake him with someone else, but wasn't Paul Naschy a martial arts actor ? The one who played with John Liu in Zen Kwan Do in Paris ?

Roger Paschy.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

You are mistaken my sister, but the idea of seeing Paul Naschy in a film with John Liu is certainly fuel for some very interesting daydreams. :bigsmile:

Naschy (aka, Jacinto Molina) is often referred to as "The King of Spanish Horror" and was an athlete and weight-lifter that became an actor, writer, producer, and director. He's most famous for playing the reoccurring role of tormented werewolf Waldermar Daninsky in over a dozen films, but also played Dracula, Jack The Ripper, a mummy, Frankenstein's monster, the Phantom of the opera, the Devil, and various other madmen. His character Daninsky, once transformed into a werewolf, is one of the most physical and ferocious depictions of this creature in cinema. Naschy started making movies in 1960, with his first foray into cinematic lyncanthrope coming in 1968, and his output going strong until the late '80s. But he did continue making and featuring in films until his death at in 2009 (and actually had, and apparently still has, more titles released after his death) at the age of 75.

26944_10_large.jpg

curse_of_devil_poster_03.jpg

dr_jekyll_vs_werewolf_poster_01.jpg

FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERRORUUUUimages.jpg

frankensteins-bloody-terror-1968-shutterstock-editorial-5856774a.jpg

The Werewolf Versus Vampire Woman26944_1_large.jpg

wwty-2.jpg

My apologies for derailing the thread a bit. But at least a few of Naschy's films are available via Vinegar Syndrome, so... :wink:

Thank you very much for this explanation. As I'm not really in this kind of movies, I didn't know anything about this actor !

• Like 2

Shaolin Patriot
On 12/11/2022 at 7:30 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Doh! I'll bet she wasn't supposed to reveal that. :lipssealed But since I don't work for Vinegar Syndrome's PR department, it's great news!

On Friday I received a few pre-ordered items. First, the Paul Naschy film THE WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN (1971) which comes with a 4K disc and two Blu-rays, features three different versions of the film and some sweet special features, chief among them a full-length documentary called "The Man Who Saw Frankenstein Cry: Paul Naschy, The Life and Legend of a Horror Icon". It's fantastic that Naschy's films have been getting such love on physical media, from Mondo Macabro (THE HOWL OF THE DEVIL, 1988, PANIC BEATS, 1983, THE DEVIL INCARNATE, 1979, THE FRENCHMAN'S GARDEN, 1978, and INQUISITION, 1978), Scorpion Releasing (THE MUMMY'S REVENGE, 1975), Full Moon Features (ORGY OF THE LIVING DEAD, 1973), two Shout Factory collector's sets (ten films), and Vinegar Syndrome with COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE and THE KILLER IS ONE OF THIRTEEN (both from 1973- a very busy year for the filmmaker), followed by this impressive release. Good times for us fans!

Also in the package was the BURNING PARADISE Blu-ray, sporting gorgeous artwork by Tony Stella. Though it's not exactly what I'd consider a flat-out "classic", it is cool, and I'm a big fan of this film's strange, dark tone, unique setting, and Ringo Lam's directing of this brutal film.

These are good Paul Naschy selections! If you can find it, I'd also recommend People Who Own the Dark (1976), a Spanish post-apocalyptic/zombie hybrid film. I've got the Code Red DVD, but it's also released on Blu-ray. 

• Like 2

Has anyone received their order placed during Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday sale? Its been over 2 weeks with no response.

Edited by venom10463

14 minutes ago, venom10463 said:

Has anyone received their order placed during Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday sale? It's been over 2 weeks with no response.

I received my order of Burning Paradise and Road House but I placed that order prior to Black Friday. It just didn't ship until afterwards.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I bought Sworn to revenge on the 28th of November and I received my package one or two days ago.

I enjoyed it a lot, by the way, but I didn't expect to see Cynthia Rothrock play in a couple of half nude scenes in an action movie, though...

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

• Administrator
On 12/12/2022 at 5:46 PM, Shaolin Patriot said:

These are good Paul Naschy selections! If you can find it, I'd also recommend People Who Own the Dark (1976), a Spanish post-apocalyptic/zombie hybrid film. I've got the Code Red DVD, but it's also released on Blu-ray. 

I've never seen it. Thanks for the recommendation.

3 hours ago, venom10463 said:

Has anyone received their order placed during Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday sale? Its been over 2 weeks with no response.

I pre-ordered BURNING PARADISE as soon as it was announced, and ordered WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN during the Black Friday sale. They arrived on December 9th.

Hopefully your order will arrive sooner rather than later @venom10463. :thinking

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

A CAT III box-set is up for pre-order. The films are The Demon’s BabyErotic Nightmare and The Deadly Camp

D5BC8C2E-CBAA-4C2D-B79F-927492A8D552.webp

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I went ahead and blind bought it.  Hope I like it.

For those that don't know or haven't gone to VS's site, Undeclared War, is part of the VSA line which means the disc is limited to 5,000 copies, and it most likely will not get re-issued. 

Edited by dwk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

undeclared-war-slip-front-PRE_2646x.jpg?

Sweet! Not among Ringo Lam's most popular movies  but in terms of sheer Lam-style grittiness, it's up there with the On Fire trilogy, Wild Search, Full Contact, and Full Alert. Maybe Eureka will release it in the near future?

• Like 4