The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan & The Three Musketeers: Milady (2023) - Francois Civil, Eva Green, Vincent Cassel

AlbertV

Pathe has announced that in 2023, they will be releasing two films based on the legendary novel The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan will be released on April 5, 2023 and The Three Musketeers: Milady will be released on December 13, 2023. Both films will be directed by Martin Bourboulon.

The cast was announced with Francois Civil as D'Artagnan, Eva Green as Milady DeWinter, Vincent Cassel as Athos, Pio Marmai as Porthos, Romain Duris as Aramis, Eric Ruf as Cardinal Richelieu, and Ralph Amoussou as a new character, Hannibal, who is based off Louis Anniaba, the real-life first Black Musketeer in history. 

• Like 3

Well, the cast seems solid. No fake diversity nonsense. I'm happy that they are doing what I have always suggested; instead of changing the race/gender/sexual Orientation of an established character, just make a new one. So I applaud them for that. Hopefully the rest of the movie is as good. I'll have to wait for a trailer to make a judgement on that. But yeah, I'm pretty interested in seeing where this goes. 

• Like 2

Anyone watched the old version of The three Musketeers from 1948? I haven't watched all the versions, but that old one is easily my favorite thus far, Gene Kelly was impressive in it (& overall the movie's a fun little old fashioned adventure flick). Kelly was not only a great dancer he was clearly a good athlete with some impressive gymnastic abilities, watching this movie it's easy to see why Jackie Chan has often cited Gene as a source of inspiration.