Sanak: Hope Under Siege (2021) - Vidyut Jammwal, Rukimini Maitra, Chandan Sanyal, Neha Dhupia

AlbertV

This Bollywood action flick, about a MMA fighter who becomes a one-man army when his wife and others are held hostage in a hospital by terrorists, was released on Disney+'s Hotstar channel in India last month. The fight choreography is done by Andy Long Nguyen

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

This one is currently on HULU without English subtitles. Every few lines are spoken in English so it’s not that hard to follow. Especially since its plot is very similar to Die Hard.

I didn’t like the film at all. I didn’t even like the fight scenes everyone is gushing over. Andy Long Nguyen is very influenced by Jackie and the fights are as close as you’re going to get to 90’s era Jackie. But I feel like Nguyen doesn’t put his own spin on them all that much. They literally feel ripped off. The choreography is fine but it’s nothing original. I got bored by the end.

With that said, it seems like everyone accept me is going crazy over this film so it may be that I have horrendous taste.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

18 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

This one is currently on HULU without English subtitles. Every few lines are spoken in English so it’s not that hard to follow. Especially since its plot is very similar to Die Hard.

I didn’t like the film at all. I didn’t even like the fight scenes everyone is gushing over. Andy Long Nguyen is very influenced by Jackie and the fights are as close as you’re going to get to 90’s era Jackie. But I feel like Nguyen doesn’t put his own spin on them all that much. They literally feel ripped off. The choreography is fine but it’s nothing original. I got bored by the end.

With that said, it seems like everyone accept me is going crazy over this film so it may be that I have horrendous taste.

I'll still check it out when I get a chance, but I do respect your opinion on the film...after all that is what this is all about :)

• Like 3

Managed to see this movie over the weekend. I felt it was longer than it needed to be so it is watchable but nothing more. The fight scenes were ok, liked the fight with the 2 CCTV operators.

• Like 2