Under Siege remake

Drunken Monk

According to Deadline, Timo Tjahjanto is set to direct a remake of the Steven Seagal classic for HBO Max. No casting news yet but it's early days. Tjahjanto is currently in pre-production for his Train to Busan remake, Last Train to New York.

• Like 2

I'm probably with everyone else and am thinking "WHAT?" when I learned the Steven Seagal film Under Siege is getting a reboot treatment. The film is going to be directed by Timo Tjahjanto with Kate's screenwriter, Umair Aleen, doing the script. The film is said to be a HBOMax exclusive:

https://deadline.com/2021/11/under-siege-remake-warner-bros-hbo-max-1234876156/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

According to Deadline, Timo Tjahjanto is set to direct a remake of the Steven Seagal classic for HBO Max. No casting news yet but it's early days. Tjahjanto is currently in pre-production for his Train to Busan remake, Last Train to New York.

LOL you beat me to it and knowing me, I put my post in the martial arts thread....LOL...SMH

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

LOL you beat me to it and knowing me, I put my post in the martial arts thread....LOL...SMH

I almost did but I wasn’t sure if this would be a martial arts film or a flat out action movie. Thought I’d play it safe!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I almost did but I wasn’t sure if this would be a martial arts film or a flat out action movie. Thought I’d play it safe!

All good! I wonder what Seagal thinks of this and who should play Casey Ryback.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

All good! I wonder what Seagal thinks of this and who should play Casey Ryback.

I've seen a few people throw around Joe Taslim's name. I'd like to see a gender swap with Julie Estelle in the lead role. God knows who'd they have bursting out of the cake in that version though!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I've seen a few people throw around Joe Taslim's name. I'd like to see a gender swap with Julie Estelle in the lead role. God knows who'd they have bursting out of the cake in that version though!

They should do the gender reversal and have Eden Classens, the actor who has the shower scene in the Slumber Party Massacre remake LOL That would be funny!

• Like 3