Treasure of the Ninja (1987) - William Lee, Kai Johnson, Constance Lester, Mark Ogden

AlbertV

Here's another long lost film that is now seeing the light of day after many years. Here's the story: While a student at Ohio State University, martial artist William Lee shot a feature film on Super 8 in 1987. The film, Treasure of the Ninja, had Lee play Magneta Faze, a government agent tasked with assisting a pair of archaelogists to the island of Ranga, to find a rare Ninja treasure. When Steven Chase, a former archaeologist who lost his job when he sold his findings for profit, learns about Ranga, he intends to get the treasure himself with the help of his Ninja army. Lee served as star, writer, producer, director, and martial arts director. He self-distributed the film on VHS after making it. AFGA and Bleeding Skull released the film this year on Blu-Ray in a set called Treasure of the Ninja and the Films of William Lee, which include a few other films he made himself on Super 8, including New Chinese Connection and a few others.

Lee is stilling making his own films today, his latest being an upcoming film called Bulletproof Jesus. He has his own YouTube channel for this who are interested.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

AlbertV

I didn't see this on the threads, but this is a shot-on-video martial arts film starring, written, produced, and directed by William Lee. Lee plays Faze, a secret agent tasked with helping a female professor find the titular treasure, of course resulting in bad guys chasing them and Lee fighting them off with his martial arts skills. AFGA released the film in a special Blu-Ray with some of Lee's other works. I have the Blu-Ray. 

ShawAngela
6 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I didn't see this on the threads, but this is a shot-on-video martial arts film starring, written, produced, and directed by William Lee. Lee plays Faze, a secret agent tasked with helping a female professor find the titular treasure, of course resulting in bad guys chasing them and Lee fighting them off with his martial arts skills. AFGA released the film in a special Blu-Ray with some of Lee's other works. I have the Blu-Ray. 

Is it any good? 

AlbertV
57 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Is it any good? 

It is what I expected from an 80's B-movie...the acting is laughable, but I have to admit for 1980s American martial arts films, the action was pretty good. I can see the passion in Lee's choreography. I still have to see his other works on the disc. I'll probably check it out this weekend. 

• Buddha Bless You 1