City Warriors

Guest WongFury

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its been a while; im thinking hard to get the pieces together.

its worth a watch, but u will not miss anything if u dont.

CW is a raw, straight forward no-nonsense action thriller with too little action and not enough thrills.

gunplay and kickboxing action get about equal screentime (my gut says: maybe still a little more focus on the gunplay); although its major problem really is, there simply isnt enough of any of it.

rating-wise, i`d say ... 5.7/10 for CW (with reservations)

Guest WongFury

thank you for that it seems kind of interest to watch from what i read on that review it seems nice...it was directed by Johnny Wang the same guy that did Angry Ranger and Innocent Interloper with Hwang Jang Lee and those were nice films...so i would assume its the same entertainment as those...then again there's those films that dissapoint...so i'll see..

Guest goliamoto

This is the typical action movie from Hong Kong so you gotta love it if you know what i'm talking about. The beginning of the movie is powerful with such an amazing shoot-out between Hong Kong police and mainlanders. Dick Wai has his moments but he is a bit underused. Ken Lo is the top assassin and Chor Yuen plays the untouchable mafia boss. I think it's a good movie if you like action and violence (there is a lot of the latter) Enjoy it!

It's a rare chance to see Dick Wei playing a good guy. The first shootout is the highlight of the movie.I thought that the double-decker bit was inspired by The Killer, but I may be wrong.

Ken Lo has a decent one-against-many fight. Dick Wei hardly does anything.

There's a fair amount of stuntwork, but nothing extraordinary.

Personally, I like those cheapo action flicks and this one is slightly above the average low-budget film

Guest kungfucollectors

thank you for that it seems kind of interest to watch from what i read on that review it seems nice...it was directed by Johnny Wang the same guy that did Angry Ranger and Innocent Interloper with Hwang Jang Lee and those were nice films...so i would assume its the same entertainment as those...then again there's those films that dissapoint...so i'll see..

it had no humor like innocent interloper but was equaly as intense as angry ranger and way more gun fire. so if your a fan of johnny wang's directing you must see it. it's 7/10 no classic but an above average B movie.

Archived