RIP Dean Shek

Drunken Monk

RIP. One of the most unforgettable personalities of HK cinema. Left an indelible impression as you just instantly spotted him right away in his many films.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks, just couldn't find anything myself... I see stuff starting to roll in now. RIP. I'll add him to the IN MEMORIAM. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

A versatile performer, on screen and off. Recently revisited a few of his late 1970s kung fu comedy performances and they're as good as ever. 

R.I.P. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

sifu iron perm

Rest in Peace, he is iconic to the kung fu classic golden era.. His presence was always pivotal, for the wrong and for the right. 

Mr Shek, Salute to you! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

How sad. It took me a while to appreciate his movie appearances, especially as initially I only saw him in Mr Rocking-like roles. Condolences to family and friends. Rest in Peace, Dean Shek Tin.

BetterTomorrowII+1987-3-b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

RIP. Tonight's watch will be dedicated to him, enjoying a few laughs from one of his own seems the appropriate way to bid a final farewell to the man.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, galvatron1976 said:

I didn't know that he also was a singer, thanks for these clips.

Could you give us a quick summary of what is said in these clips.

Also, I'd like to know what Dean Shek says about Peter Chen Ho in the second clip, please.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

He was great in Black Tavern, Better Tomorrow 2, the list goes on.

I thought he was good in Bravest Fist (1974), I wish he'd done my more parts like that one.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Rest In Peace.  A very memorable figure, especially for one who seldom got in on the action.

Right after Roy Horan no less.  SITES is going to hit differently on future viewings for a long while.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

R.I.P to a great actor, I pretty like everything he's bee in and never got bored seeing him over and over. Just for clarification, does anyone know his correct date of birth? There are a few different dates floating around and it's frustrating as it's something you'd think that shouldn't be in doubt.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

RIP Dean Shek

On 11/5/2021 at 8:07 AM, SamSeed said:

So sad. Unlike some, I always loved his goofier characters. Out of interest, what do people consider to be his best onscreen fight?

From what I've seen and can remember off the top of my head, he was the main villain in Mantis Fists and Tiger Claws of Shaolin and fought John Chang at the end.

Perhaps not a martial arts style fight, but still the end shoot out in A Better Tomorrow II is one of the finest action scenes in all of cinema.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1