Search: Iron Monkey (Donnie Yen) PE / CE picture review!

Guest Chen Kuan Tai

Guest Chen Kuan Tai

Hello, I am looking after a picture review comparison between the new Platinum Edition and the old Collector's Edition. I read that the CE has the better picture quality (dvdcompare.net).

The last days I searched after a comparison but never find it between the both DVDs.

Can somebody help me?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Kuan Tai

Thank you very much. Good Review, buy why is the PE better? You mean, because the PE has more extras? The picture quality looks worse at the PE.

Guest The Running Man

Funny thing is, if you put the Miramax DVD against those images, there would be no contest.

Too bad it's ruined with heavy alterations (what else would you expect of Harvey Weinstein).

Guest reason108

I think what he means is that Miramax does not/did not treat their Asian movie releases that well. Movies would be edited, re-dubbed, new music addeded, etc... Maybe the idea was that they could "Americanize" the Asian film. Harvey Weinstein was the head of the company if I remember correctly. But usually the actual quality of the dvd pressings themselves werent too bad. It was the way the films had been "butchered" by the studio that made fans upset.

Guest killer meteor

Weinstein knows a good film when he sees one - he's produced and distributed some fantastic films - but he suffers from some weird auteur syndrome and just can't keep his grubby mits off the films.

Archived