Ambulance (new Michael Bay movie)

Drunken Monk

Interesting that this is another remake of a danish film starring Jake Gyllenhaal (The Guilty).

And while I don't speak any danish it's pretty obvious that it has a totally different tone to it.

However all things aside I'm with @Drunken Monk the trailer got me interested and more importantly the action seems to deliver.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

This was the most fun I’ve had at the cinema in ages. I fucking LOVE this movie.

Let me get this out of the way… If you don’t like Michael Bay’s style of direction, you won’t like this film. It’s as simple as that. However, if you like his typical brand of chaos, you should have fun with it.

It starts strong and keeps the madness going. There’s carnage, laughs, heart and plenty of tension. One thing to know is that, at times, Ambulance is truly absurd. Bay makes some wildly weird choices and I loved every single one of them. They’ll frustrate some audience members, I’m sure. But it you sit back and don’t criticize every single tiny detail, those weird moments become pretty joyous.

Ambulance is pure entertainment. 

• Like 3

At its best Ambulance is a pretty average action film. Not only is it way too long but also a complete mess of a film in both narrative and execution.

The action which there's plenty of mainly focuses on car chases (obviously); is either cut to smithereens or captured in a way that will give you seizures. Probably the wildest camerawork I've ever seen and not in a good way. Somebody please take that drone off Michael Bay. I mean WTF!?

Also the constant shouting and bickering, started to get on my nerves. Stand out performance is clearly Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. Although I'll admit Jake Gyllenhaal seems to have a blast going completely over to the top!

The ending IMHO sums up the movie perfectly as it's incredibly dumb and cheesy.

I don't have a problem with insane over the top no logic whatsoever action BUT at least make it crisp and without a cut every god damn second!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1

I am one of those suckers who doesn’t move with the time so I keep saying “they don’t make em like they used to”.

Michael Bay listened to me and agreed.

Loved it. 8/10

• Like 1