Angel of Vengeance-plus free T-shirt?

Guest punt44

I do too. But to explain, the cut version was the one that played in HK. The longer version was one for Taiwan, hence the more Joey Wang and more floating around. AKA, it's was very clearly footage that needed to be cut. I believe the Image release is the longer cut.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chen lung

It's a Taiwanese film or whatever it's released in first, then by all means add the longer version but if not, can it be presented Cantonese with the Taiwanese footage as extras?

Guest Markgway

The Beheaded 1000 is technically a HK film, but was made in Taiwan. HKFA list the language as Mandarin, though I'm sure some of the cast are Cantonese speakers (so it may have been an on-set mix?)

Guest Markgway

So are Image going to be releasing all of the Golden Sun catalogue?

A number of titles I've seen so far that I would definately buy and plenty more I'd be interested in seeing for the first time.

Guest DragonMa55

Wow. There are some classic girls with guns titles in their collection. I've been looking for 'Final Run' for ages, a DVD of 'Dreaming the reality' with a great transfer and subs would awesome for me, I only have it on VHS.

Guest Chilly Bong

There must be forty titles I would be interested in a decent DVD of.

Burning Ambition, Death Games, Nocturnal Demon, Queens High, Killers Romance, Final Run, Dreaming The Reality, Shy Spirit, Blood Stained Tradewind etc.....

Killer Meteor

Angel of Vengeance...how many rape scenes can one take? There's at least three!

Angel of Vengeance...how many rape scenes can one take? There's at least three!

Agree, it's a really depressing film to sit through, horrible rape scnes and one of the most unsatisfying final fights I can remmber. As Osh films go. even Ultracop 2000 wasn't this difficult.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yeah, but my wife looks awesome in the cheapo t-shirt that came with the movie. :bigsmile:

Killer Meteor
Agree, it's a really depressing film to sit through, horrible rape scnes and one of the most unsatisfying final fights I can remmber. As Osh films go. even Ultracop 2000 wasn't this difficult.

I'd prefer these things if they were more grim. The constant lurches from comedy to sleeze are very hard to get a handle on.

I'd prefer these things if they were more grim. The constant lurches from comedy to sleeze are very hard to get a handle on.

True, the comedy intechanging with the rapes gave the whole thing a real "Yech!" quality.

HyperDrive

The subplot was what had me going "Wtf?" So a daughter of a brothel madam decides her college thesis is to be on being a whore for a day. It's was like the director went "The fights suck so we need more sex. Find a way to fit it in."

Archived