Angel of Vengeance-plus free T-shirt?

Guest punt44

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

:lol It was probably directed by Yukari's husband Phillip Ko, I think he made alot of those Filipino cheapies. I wonder if she's still married to him? She was way to hot for that guy! :b

I don't think its Philip Ko...the director is someone named Lau Chung-Pak...I doubt this is phillip ko's chinese name. I would suspect Godfrey Ho, but he's not listed in the credits either. Im actually curious because Image is releasing the film and they must have saw something good about it to release it. Whad ya think?

Guest Chinatown Kid

I admit I've never seen this movie before but like you say, if Image thinks it's good enough to release then it might be worth checking out. It's usually always a pleasure to watch Yukari Oshima in action anyway. :)

I bought this on vhs this past May. Oshima is paired off with Alex Lo. They both get a chance to shine near the end, but the rest of the film seems bogged down with plot development including rape scenes by a demented s.o.b. on some defenseless prostitutes.

Guest The Running Man
i wonder about this print, does it has removeable subs? or is it a rip of the laser disk print?

The video quality is so good it's scary. I say that cause this is like a Z grade movie yet Image turned this into a A class effort on the video front.

Really hoping good things on their bigger titles now after this.

And yes, the subtitles are removable.

Guest The Running Man

Wait...you mean a deal like a package deal that usually companies make when they buy some films off?

And btw, why are the releases dates so few and far between and so long as well?

Wait...you mean a deal like a package deal that usually companies make when they buy some films off?

Right. As for the time, you've got to realize Image puts out a lot of dvds, including the Criterion collection. And with it getting towards the end of the year, the releases peter off. This is because the closer you get to Christmas, the more shelf space is given to studio films in big stores, so Image releases less product. As you get past that, Image releases more and more films.

just that it was a HK company. As for Beheaded, it's worth it for Jimmy. It will be the uncut version, but for a change, the cut version is better IMO. Uncut, it has too much Joey Wang, who I love, that makes the pic drag a bit. But Jimmy does a great return as an ass-kicker and pulls of a combo of his old films and a Mr. Vampire type role. When he burns swastikas into his fists to fight demons, you know you're in for some fun!

Guest The Running Man

So far, Image has released three movies on this line:

Bloody Brothers

Angel of Vengence

Exorcist Master

I have all of these titles and they are all in Mandarin. Does anyone know if Mandarin is the "correct" language track of these films?

And according to the catalogue they have inside, the Shaw Brother film Black Magic was supposed to have been released this past Tuesday. I haven't seen it in any stores though. Has it been delayed?

And what are the upcoming titles aside from the Shaw Brother films that are gonna hit soon?

BOXER'S OMEN (This DOES have the original soundtrack. BTW, it looks GREAT!)-11/21/06

CAVE OF SILKEN WEB-12/12/06

LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA (Sub and dub)-01/09/07

DEADLY BREAKING SWORD-01/23/07

HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL-02/06/07

WANDERING SWORDSMAN-02/20/07

SHADOW WHIP-03/06/07

VENGEANCE IS A GOLDEN BLADE-03/20/07

SHAOLIN INTRUDERS (Subbed and dub)-04/10/07

BELLS OF DEATH (Subbed and dub. Uncut)-04/24/07

HEAVEN AND HELL(Subbed and dub)-05/08/07

MAGIC BLADE (Subbed and dub)-05/22/07

INTIMATE CONFESSIONS OF A CHINESE COURTESAN

06/05/07

HUMAN LANTERNS(New master. Uncut)-09/04/07

KILLER SNAKES (New master. Subbed, dub, and uncut)-09/18/07

A couple of the ones you mention could have been Mandarin. But I wouldn't think E. Master was.

Guest Markgway

Bloody Brothers

Angel of Vengence

Exorcist Master

I suspect these were Taiwanese productions (or co-productions) and therefore possibly first released in Mandarin. The HKFA lists 'Exorcist Master' as a Mandarin title, 'Bloody Brothers' as Cantonese; no language is recognised for 'Angel of Vengeance'. Judging by the casts, like Linn, I would surprised if any of the films were shot completely in Mandarin. Cantonese is more likely. But as I don't have any of the three I can't offer anymore help. Certainly it's a mistake not to include Cantonese tracks for safety.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
made a deal for around 15 films in this batch, the better ones are coming later on.

I have bought all the Image realeases except for "Angel Of Vengeance" (its a crap film). Question, why would they wait to put out the better films later? Wouldnt it make more sense to mix it up a bit? Maybe put out a few good ones to encourage people to buy more. Instead of giving them the lesser titles first, and potentialy loosing them early on?? Same with the Shaw catalog (Black Magic as your introduction title!?). Im happy to see any company putting out HK classics, but why wait on the better titles. I dont understand. Linn, tell Image to keep up the T-Shirts. Great idea, I love my Exorcist Master T!

on these titles, it's largely because they the transfers weren't ready for the more well known titles. The price is so cheap, even with a T-Shirt, that I doubt these films cost them that much in the first place. As for the Shaw Brothers stuff, they are releasing them in the order they are getting them from Celestial in most cases. They could have released say Legendary Weapons of Kung Fu first, but then the fans would have waited till next year to see any of their releases. Black Magic was released first because it's one of only a handful of crossover titles they have AKA Asian and horror film fans would buy it, AND Infra Man wasn't ready. And when I said later on, I meant with Exorcist Master.

Archived