RIP Roy Horan

Drunken Monk

Sad news today. Roy Horan has died. While most people know him as an actor in movies like Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow and Tower of Death, he was also a renowned producer.

97FC2E22-52DE-4BD4-8374-FA829F3A6D4F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Aww...so sad. Perhaps he'll be drinking celestial deer's blood in Heaven now.

I liked his work for Seasonal films. Wasn't he one of the owners?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

sifu iron perm

I recently listened to Roy's and Bey's commentary for GOD 2. I loved it and think ill put on Snuff Bottle later in Tribute to Roy!! RIP.

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

I was watching his interview that he did for the 88 Flims blu-ray of Snake in the Eagles Shadow.  Just three nights ago, R.I.P Roy Horan!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

RIP. I also enjoyed his interview he did for 88films. He certainly lived an interesting and fulfilling life. Also, great that his daughter has risen to fame on the silver screen in recent years.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

7 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Tower of death just made me a Roy Horan stan. RIP!! 

tumblr_pc47hobtEl1v6w3juo1_500.gif

He was great and came across as an awesome guy in interviews.

RIP.

• Love 1

@OpiumKungFuCracker Here's some info on the GOD2 movie from Horan himself.

On the ETD footage:

"For all those interested about multiple versions of this film...I spoke with NG See Yuen today. As suspected, he delivered only one version to Golden Harvest. The other versions were products of GH's license deals in various territories. NG took a loss on the film because GH promised a significant amount of unused Bruce Lee footage but couldn't deliver. So, NG had to rely more heavily on Kim Tae Chong. If you have further questions you need to contact GH execs...especially their sales and distribution team."

On the raw meat/blood scene:

"You gotta love Hong Kong film crews’ passion for realism. During the breakfast scene where I’m supposed to eat venison and drink deer blood, they thought if the scene looked disgusting enough for the crew, it’d be disgusting enough for the audience! Nobody could find venison in Hong Kong [the British probably ate all the deer a hundred years ago], so someone figured raw lamb would be the next best choice. ‘You can eat this?’, they asked, probably expecting me to jump at the opportunity. They were right about the similarities between raw venison and raw lamb. Both cause toxoplasmosis…in short, it’s not great for your health! To make matters even more palatable, they slapped a glass of raw chicken blood on the table and asked me to drink it…heartily! Must say, that red syrup really stunk…probably was at least a day old. Guess no one had time to whack some fresh chickens on set….thank God! None of the crew had evidently heard of salmonella poisoning. It actually turns your world upside down! I asked them if the camera could tell the difference between a glass of fake blood and the real thing. They looked confused. ‘Of course not!’ I said. I refused to chug the toxic concoction and the poor prop guy had to cook up some fake blood on the spot. As for the lamb, the trick is not to swallow on camera…ha! My friend Gene, watching this scene, probably felt there was nothing particularly out of place. He’d seen me gobble some strange creature parts out in the bush; that is, we did eat some raw meat and Inuit hunters are known for it. Gene, however, probably didn’t know about the awful conditions in which livestock, below the 66th parallel (latitude), are bred for food. Raw lamb, in short, is also a no-no!"

:)

• Love 1