Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back (1985) - Wallace Chan, Tetchi Agbayani, Bolo Yeung & Chan Sing?

DragonClaws

On 11/18/2021 at 5:19 PM, Majin Android said:

so some uhf tv channel that hasn't functioned for 30 years might have a 3/4" or 1" master lying around? haha

If that sites information is correct?, then that might just be the case. Was it later spliced with another movie?.

• Like 2

Wallace Chan is credited as being assistant fight choreographer on American Shaolin - (1991) on IMDB. Yuen Tak & Corey Yuen get credit on the HKMD.Com. Is Wallace Chan an alais name for Yuen Tak?, or is it just mis-information?.

• Like 1

J.J. Hayden

Hopefully my sleuthing has put an end to the confusion, please have a look and see what you think.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

It might be the movie you mentioned, which used footage of Bolo Yeung/Huang Kin-Lung from The Clones of Bruce Lee. There's some confusion of this reumoured film. Here's a link to some further discussion about this one. It might just be a ghost title that someones thought up.

It's possible that it is Jeong-mu Gate '81 (aka Dragon Bruce Lee, Part II) as it featured Keo Ryong (Dragon Lee) and Bolo, and that the poster images were taken from other titles they had the rights too. It happens and it's annoying.

I'll look a bit deeper, I don't like unsolved mysteries, lol.

---next quote

Yup, looks like we have a contender. I enter the French title into YT and it came up with this familiar sight: 

If you click on "show more" it has some of the alternative titles including Face au tigre, l'évadé de Hong Kong. Plus I skipped through it and it does appear to be the movie Jeong-mu Gate '81 (aka Dragon Bruce Lee, Part II) and I didn't see any spliced footage of Chan Sing, but I just skimmed it so you may wish to check yourself.

Although it states the footage is from the UK DVD, the audio is from the French VHS and it seems to synch up and I reckon if it was different they'd go with what they have, although that's speculation on my part.

As for the western names, I can't check if the French version (as I suspect) has the false names that appear on the IMDB page. I reckon the distributor pulled them out their arse, as the only name on the cover (not in Chinese) is Jacky Chang, whoever that is, probably another BS name to try and cash in on Jackie Chan's name, which is extra weird, as it's Dragon Lee, the Bruce Lee clone, what the F were you thinking!?

But I could only find one other page with the same cover image and the credits the site lists match up with the film mentioned above. However, it doesn't show the back so I can't check it for dodgy names, which is a shame.

https://www.encyclocine.com/index.html?menu=72608&film=22600

Check out the info and see what you think.

Cheers

• Like 2