Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back (1985) - Wallace Chan, Tetchi Agbayani, Bolo Yeung & Chan Sing?

DragonClaws

After recently scanning Bolo Yeung's IMDB filmography, I stumbled upon a movie I'd never heard about. Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back (1985) - Starring Wallace Chan (American Shaolin), Tetchi Agbayani (Gymakata), Bolo Yeung (Bloodsport), Chan Sing (Black Panther), Lucy Frost (Ninja Mission) Fan Mei-Sheng (Magnificent Butcher), Rebecca Ashley, and American actor John DeSanti  (Stone Cold) Carla Reynolds (Bruces Fist of Vengeance).

Link- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165119/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_25

Couple of quick questions. IMDB claim its a Hong Kong production?, yet this movie doesnt appear on Bolo Yeung or Chan Sing's HKMDB.Com filmography's. Is this just a Bruceploitation re-titling of an existing movie?. Or have IMDB simply got their information wrong. According to the HKMDB, Last Breath was the only film Chan Sing made in 1985?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 10/14/2021 at 4:07 PM, Omni Dragon said:

That IMDB page seems to be using a poster for the similarly titled Dragon Lee Fights Back.

https://hkmdb.com/db/movies/image_detail.mhtml?id=12097&image_id=224955&display_set=eng

On 10/14/2021 at 3:38 PM, Majin Android said:

I can't find nothing either. Rest of the cast seems to do movies from a variety of places.

I appreciate the feedback guys, is it a possible cut and splice flick?. Where they have cut multiple films together?. Or have they simply got the wrong cast listed, for another movie?. IMDB says Bolo Yeung appeared in the 1978 screen version of Game of Death, but we know this wasn't the case.

@Mike Leeder would you be able to help us out with this query?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

According to FlixBlade.Com, this movie was a Dae Yang Films Co. Ltd. production. Known as Face Du Tigre, l'Evade de Hong Kong for its French release. They list the film as an action drama with an hour and thirty minute runtime. With October 8th 1985, being its first Hong Kong theatrical release?.

Link- https://www.flixblade.com/title/t159863/

• Like 3

@Omni Dragon & @Majin Android, I've managed to find out a little bit more about this production. Thanks to @ShawAngela, for the translation of the French synopsis.

Bruce Lee's Dragon's Fight Back: Synopsis- A young Korean policeman comes to Hong Kong in order to investigate on a dark drug matter.

• Like 3

T.VGuide.Com lists some additional actors, not mentioned on the IMDB cast list. It also lists a longer two hour runtime. Though I doubt this is going to shine any more light on the confusion around this title?. The following actors don't appear on the IMDB.Com page.

Chang Li, Ha Chia Kai, Chan Lang Tzu, & Wai Tze Won.

Source- https://www.tvguide.com/movies/bruce-lees-dragons-fight-back/cast/2000122260/

• Like 2

Actress Carla Reynolds is among the cast of Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back (1985). Miss Reynolds appeared in Bruces Fists of Vengenace(1980). I wonder if Bruce Lees Dragons Fight Back has footage lifted from this earlier 1980 Bruceploitation film?.

Below Carla Reynolds with her Bruces Fist of Vengeance co-stars Romano Kristoff (far left) & Don Gordon Bell.

source- http://namethatfilipinogoon.blogspot.com/2018/08/carla-reynolds.html

Romano%252C%2BCarla%252C%2Band%2BDon%2Bin%2BRed%2BRoses.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 10/20/2021 at 10:15 PM, DragonClaws said:

T.VGuide.Com lists some additional actors, not mentioned on the IMDB cast list. It also lists a longer two hour runtime. Though I doubt this is going to shine any more light on the confusion around this title?. The following actors don't appear on the IMDB.Com page.

Chang Li, Ha Chia Kai, Chan Lang Tzu, & Wai Tze Won.

Source- https://www.tvguide.com/movies/bruce-lees-dragons-fight-back/cast/2000122260/

Well, I had replied to this particular post, but I can't see my answer, unless I didn't went back enough in the thread...

As I was saying, Chang Li is another aka for Nick Cheung Lick, and I wondered if Wai Tze Won could have been a bad spelling of Wei Zi Yun, aka Barry Chan...

And I remember that I had alos posted a picture of Ha Chia Kai, if I'm not mistaken...

This movie is a real enigma !

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, ShawAngela said:

Well, I had replied to this particular post, but I can't see my answer, unless I didn't went back enough in the thread...

Its ok @ShawAngela, I replied to you in the Bolo Yeung Appreciation thread too. As we have been discussing the movie there too.

• Like 1

I just rewatched my French version of The Big Boss, included in a boxset with a booklet talking about Bruce Lee, his filmography and his clones.

From what is written in this booklet, it appears that (I translate the French text here) :

"a strange thing shot In Philippines at the very beginning to the 80's. Absolutely incoherent, shot by the hidden son of Matt Murdock and showing a lovely 60 years old man wearing Bruce Lee's yellow suit and fighting bad dealers after a long hard pursuit between two rusted Ford Taurus running at 15km/h. He jumps in front of the bandits saying "I'm Bruce Lee" with a martial pause and trying to not loose his fake teeth..."

• Like 5

Majin Android
5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I just rewatched my French version of The Big Boss, included in a boxset with a booklet talking about Bruce Lee, his filmography and his clones.

From what is written in this booklet, it appears that (I translate the French text here) :

"a strange thing shot In Philippines at the very beginning to the 80's. Absolutely incoherent, shot by the hidden son of Matt Murdock and showing a lovely 60 years old man wearing Bruce Lee's yellow suit and fighting bad dealers after a long hard pursuit between two rusted Ford Taurus running at 15km/h. He jumps in front of the bandits saying "I'm Bruce Lee" with a martial pause and trying to not loose his fake teeth..."

if all the information presented is is accurate, it looks like quite the co-production

thank you for translating

Edited by Majin Android
  • Like 3

On 10/14/2021 at 3:38 PM, Majin Android said:

I can't find nothing either. Rest of the cast seems to do movies from a variety of places.

The cast all fit the time period, but this production doesnt even appear to have had a VHS release?.

• Like 3

Chu Liu Hsiang

How cool is that?! I had thought we'd never find out anything about this movie until one day someone would step up and say, yep I've seen it. Sounds like a satire/ comedy. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

How cool is that?! I had thought we'd never find out anything about this movie until one day someone would step up and say, yep I've seen it. Sounds like a satire/ comedy. 

Do you mean the movie @ShawAngela is talking about?, or Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back?.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Do you mean the movie @ShawAngela is talking about?, or Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back?.

It's precisely about Bruce Lee' s dragon fight that I'm talking about...

• Like 3

Just now, ShawAngela said:

It's precisely about Bruce Lee' s dragon fight that I'm talking about...

Similar title but a different movie, this could get very confusing indeed.

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang
13 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I thought all of us were talking about the same movie, that one listed on imdb and nowhere else? *pours another coffee, stars into space*

I think I will have to give up :D 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I think I will have to give up :D 

IMDB say's Bruces Lee's Dragons Fight Back follows Dragons Never Die (1974) directed by Chi-Hwa Chen, just mis-information is it actually a sequel?.

• Like 2

Majin Android
39 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

IMDB say's Bruces Lee's Dragons Fight Back follows Dragons Never Die (1974) directed by Chi-Hwa Chen, just mis-information is it actually a sequel?.

both shot in the Philippines?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Majin Android said:

both shot in the Philippines?

Yes, Dragons Never Die (1974) a.k.a Kung Fu 10th Dan, is a Hong Kong production filmed in the Phillipines.

• Like 4

Here's a completely different plot for Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight back. According to T.VGuide.Com the film was made in 1980, and shown on U.S T.V eight years later?.

The confusion continues.

This martial arts flick has also been released as Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight Back. The fragmentary plot concerns the disciples of Bruce Lee, who hope to avenge the "master"'s death. Chang Li, Ha Chia Kai and Chan Lang Tzu star. Filmed in 1980, Bruce Lee's Dragon Fights Back surfaced on American TV some eight years later.

Source- https://www.tvguide.com/movies/bruce-lees-dragon-fights-back/review/2030074025/

• Like 3

Majin Android
18 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Here's a completely different plot for Bruce Lee's Dragons Fight back. According to T.VGuide.Com the film was made in 1980, and shown on U.S T.V eight years later?.

The confusion continues.

Source- https://www.tvguide.com/movies/bruce-lees-dragon-fights-back/review/2030074025/

so some uhf tv channel that hasn't functioned for 30 years might have a 3/4" or 1" master lying around? haha

Edited by Majin Android
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1