Scream (2022) - Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette

AlbertV

The trailer to the 5th installment of the franchise, which takes the original name of Scream, has been released. Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, and Scre4m's Marley Shelton are back with an all-new fresh batch of potential victims (and Ghostface). Where they used Scre4m for the fourth one, they should call this one 5cream LOL 

The film is coming out on January 14.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

This actually looks kind of interesting. I've only seen the first movie tho, so I should probably get caught up before this one is released. Kind of reminds me of Screams take on Halloween(2018. Which I also need to watch. lol), with the past victims coming back to confront the killer. So yeah, very interesting. 

• Like 2

I'm shocked at some of these rave reviews for this garbage. Seriously there's nothing clever about this requel (you'll know when you watch it, which I sincerely hope you don't). It's just an incredible dumb and for the most part boring movie, period!

If any of you thought the new Matrix movie took it a step too far with their whole self-awareness. Oh boy you'll be in for the ride of your life with this one. I don't know when Hollywood decided "meta" to be the next big thing. Especially when it's about bringing back old franchises or properties.

It rarely works and in this case is just a terrible example on how far they can take this! Pissing all over the original fanbase and at the same time (I can only imagine) for anyone watching a Scream or sorry "Stab" movie for the first time left wondering WTF just happened on screen.

The only thing I'll give them the slightest bit of credit is for some of the gruesome kills and that for some strange reason the whodunnit always seems to work no matter how bad a movie is. Otherwise, avoid this at all cost.

To be honest at times I felt more like watching a reboot of the Scary Movie franchise than anything else really. But maybe I'm just taking the whole thing too serious to start with and missing the ingenuity of their own irony.

• Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker
16 hours ago, laagi said:

I'm shocked at some of these rave reviews for this garbage. Seriously there's nothing clever about this requel (you'll know when you watch it, which I sincerely hope you don't). It's just an incredible dumb and for the most part boring movie, period!

If any of you thought the new Matrix movie took it a step too far with their whole self-awareness. Oh boy you'll be in for the ride of your life with this one. I don't know when Hollywood decided "meta" to be the next big thing. Especially when it's about bringing back old franchises or properties.

It rarely works and in this case is just a terrible example on how far they can take this! Pissing all over the original fanbase and at the same time (I can only imagine) for anyone watching a Scream or sorry "Stab" movie for the first time left wondering WTF just happened on screen.

The only thing I'll give them the slightest bit of credit is for some of the gruesome kills and that for some strange reason the whodunnit always seems to work no matter how bad a movie is. Otherwise, avoid this at all cost.

To be honest at times I felt more like watching a reboot of the Scary Movie franchise than anything else really. But maybe I'm just taking the whole thing too serious to start with and missing the ingenuity of their own irony.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait till streaming.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2022 at 2:48 PM, laagi said:

Kind of funny that they decided to go Meta on a series that was already a sort of meta anyways. 

I did have a little hope for this movie, but it doesn't surprise me that it turned out to be crap. Hollywood doesn't seem to touch any series without ruining it now days(With a few exceptions). 

• Like 3

I can't really agree with the general opinion here. I'm not a big fan of the franchise so I wasn't expecting much in the first place, I was just in the right mood. Scream (2022) reminded me how much I love watching slashers, though I rarely watch the newer ones. I'll agree, there's the obvious lack of logic in some places, the whole movie perhaps goes too-meta and is definitely too self-aware for its own good sometimes, but all in all I think it was smart written and I enjoyed it, especially for the kills. Plus it felt so '90s at times which I strangely liked, I guess enough time has passed that the '90s can be as charming as the '70s and the '80s now.

For a "requel" it turned out well, and I'm really no fan of unnecessary sequels or reboots. You get new characters as well as legacy characters, passing the torch and a killer that has certainly became iconic, and I can't really remember enjoying any of the sequels as much as I enjoyed this one. For a lazy Friday night watch you could do a lot worse.

• Like 2

I liked it, not that much but was better than expected. Storyline is not that decent, 2 movie nerds unhappy with state of current Stab movies gives reason for some kills. But for what it was, it was not badly written some clever connections to past events of Screams and new stuff. Requel was OK way to spend almost 2 hours.

I liked one scene particular when son of sheriff was alone in the house and kept opening various doors viewer did not know was killer there or not.