Shenmue (2022) - Crunchyroll/Adult Swim Anime Series Based on the Video Games

AlbertV

An animated series adaptation of the Shenmue video game saga is coming to Crunchyroll and Adult Swim from executive producer/game creator Yu Suzuki with One Punch Man series director Chikara Sakurai at the helm. The series is set to premiere in 2022. Most of the actors who voiced the characters from the video games will be returning for the series, including Corey Marshall as Ryo Hazuki and Debora Rabbai as Ling Shenhua. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

This actually looks pretty darn good. I love Shenmue. Curious if it'll be just a recap of Shenmue I-III or and that's what I'm hoping for will at least continue the Saga. God knows I don't want to wait for another 18 years!

• Like 3

I love it! It's everything I wished for so far. Sure this is largely due to me being a tremendous fanboy when it comes to Shenmue. It's probably the only game I hold very dear to my heart. But besides that it got great animation, good pacing and crisp fights. Even if you're not a fan or never even heard of Shenmue I'd recommend to check it out.

My biggest gripe and I think any fan of the series will agree is that this will not continue the story. So basically we're still stuck in Shenmue III. Although as is with rumours if this performs well enough there might be a Shenmue IV on the horizon.

All things considered I probably would've preferred this series from the beginning rather than another game. At least with a few seasons they could've finally ended Shenmue. Like this, only god knows if we'll have to wait another decade or so. Meanwhile check out the awesome intro below.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2