Baby Venoms

ShawAngela

Question

Is Li Zhong Yi one of the baby venoms and is there a list of them somewhere ?

I just saw him in Shanghai 13 and he was just great !!

Lee Chung-Yat--Death Ring

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

TibetanWhiteCrane

I think it's a little hazy as to what constitutes a "baby venom". People seem to have their own ideas of who to include under that umbrella. Though I don't get why anyone would count him as he was not in any venoms films.

But here are mine...

Lau Fong Sai

Yeung Hung

Chui Tai Ping

Tony Tam

Lam Chi Tai

Wang Li

Maybe Wan Seung Lam and possibly one or two others could be squeezed in under that moniker, but that's it for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I think it's a little hazy as to what constitutes a "baby venom". People seem to have their own ideas of who to include under that umbrella. Though I don't get why anyone would count him as he was not in any venoms films.

But here are mine...

Lau Fong Sai

Yeung Hung

Chui Tai Ping

Tony Tam

Lam Chi Tai

Wang Li

Maybe Wan Seung Lam and possibly one or two others could be squeezed in under that moniker, but that's it for me.

I thought that the movie attack of the Joyful Goddess was the one that introduced that New Venoms and as he is in it, I thought that he was one of them.

Thanks fort he list.

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
14 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I thought that the movie attack of the Joyful Goddess was the one that introduced that New Venoms and as he is in it, I thought that he was one of them.

Thanks fort he list.

The Chang Cheh team that took over after the venoms in the last days of his Shaw tenure sort of overlaps, but it was guys like Chu Ko, Ricky Cheng Tien Chi, Lung Tien Hsiang etc. Some of those guys continued with him into the post SB films of the 80's.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

The Chang Cheh team that took over after the venoms in the last days of his Shaw tenure sort of overlaps, but it was guys like Chu Ko, Ricky Cheng Tien Chi, Lung Tien Hsiang etc. Some of those guys continued with him into the post SB films of the 80's.

Ah, thanks, I mixed everybody, then !! :monk_laughing:

• Like 2

venomsreviews

In terms of a list, I agree with TibetanWhiteCrane that everyone has their own idea about who to include under that umbrella. Since my friends and I include a broader number of people as part of the Venom Mob, then what may be generally accepted. Lee Chung-Yat/Li Zhong Yi is actually on our list. I will give a few examples (but not everyone that is on that list):

Yu Tai-Ping

Chin Siu-Ho

Kara Hui

Candy Wen Xue-Er

Tony Tam Chun-To

Johnny Wang Lung-Wei

Hsiao Yu

Yang Hsiung

Lu Feng does include people like Chu Ko, Lung Tien-Hsiang, and Ricky Cheng Tien-Chi as part of their group (the Venom Mob), which he mentions in a few interviews, if that helps provide any clarity. So I believe it probably also depends on whether you consider movies like The Nine Demons and The Shanghai Thirteen to be Venoms movies as well.

Edited by venomsreviews
adding info
  • Like 3