Anybody have any info on Jet Li's next project?

Guest Chinatown Kid

Guest Chinatown Kid

Now that Jet Li has made his last period piece Kung Fu film Fearless, which I surely enjoyed, I'm hoping to see him in some more modern day action flicks in the same mode as Danny the Dog and Kiss of the Dragon. Anybody got any info or news on any of his upcoming projects? :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi Long

... I believe his next project was a Corey Yuen flick, co-starring Jason Statham.

Personally, I think Statham is a worthless @#%$, so can't say I'm too excited...

Guest Chinatown Kid

Well, with Corey Yuen at the helm it ought to be pretty good so let's hope so. Thanks for that info Yi Long! :)

Guest limubai2000

Rogue w/Jason Statham, a modern day actioneer don't know how much MA.

Woo Ping film, China Wall, he is trying to get Jet on board for this period action film, will more sword fighting than MA.

Jackie/Jet project, a remake/retelling/adaptation of Journey To The West, US financed and directed.

Don't know what else he has cooking though...

Guest Chen Zhen

Rogue, starring Jason Statham and Jet li (in a rare villain role) is in post production. choreographrd by Corey Yuen and directed by music video director Phillip G Atwell.

dont kno about yall but im very excited. itll be good seein jet and jason under Yuen Kwai choreography again. not to mention that Atwell is promising absolutely NO wirework, for all u who cant stand wires. i think it will be a good, simple, gritty actioner. if it ends up anything like kiss of the dragon, i'll be excited.

Guest jmungus

im not exactly excited about the rogue project, but im definitely looking forward to it.

love jet, like corey & and do appreciate statham as well- hes an asset to action cinema of today.

Guest wcloud

according to IMDB Kane Koshugi is also in it as a yakuza?

A picture shows Jet holding a sword against some ninja looking guy

Jason S. and Jet L. supposed to have a couple? of hand to hand fights against each other.

Hoping for the best!

Guest Chinatown Kid

Thanks for the info guys! I'm really looking forward to the film with Statham, in Corey's hands it ought to be good. Lets keep are fingers crossed!

Guest Yi Long

... I must be one of only a few people who doesnt like Jason Statham...

I thought he was worthless in The One (but EVERYONE was worthless in that flick, so I could have forgiven him for that), and after having heard much hype about The Transporter, I watched that and was VERY disappointed by not just the movie itself (ridiculous script, bad acting, bad action) but by Statham's performances (both action as well as acting) as well...

He seems way too slow and 'stiff' to do MA/action movies, at least the kinda action that he's TRYING to do.

Guest jmungus

maybe youre just a little too hard on the dude, yi long. :P

u may even be right from the angle youre approaching from; i couldnt say for sure, cuz im simply not going there; but i completely understand your position.

theres things (other than statham) that bug me and i cant help it bothering me.

fortunate for me, i dont have these issues with statham, so watching his performances (for what they are and in respects to the nature of the movie projects hes in), i can really get some entertainment out of it.

"gweilo-action" was (still is) in desperate need for fresh blood & imo, statham isnt too bad a start.

give him a couple more flicks with considerable martial talent for his co-stars and a demanding action choreographer/director; and maybe he'll even improve to a degree that he could do a fight like he did opposite jet in "the one" with less editing but wider angles and longer takes.

i have hope he does have that in him. time will tell & for the time being, i`d rather watch statham in action as opposed to the likes of diesel (even tho i dig him) or artificially fabricated "action-stars" like jovovich, paul walker or ben affleck.

Archived