Big Boss 50 anniversary this month

Coliseum1972

WarriorBloodCrest

For those who have already watched the Big Boss Arrow discs, what are your overall thoughts on the (no longer) missing scenes? 

• Like 1

I watched the Mandarin longer version today and I enjoyed it a lot. And I'm almost sure that I had already saw the second prostitute scenes before. Maybe when the movie was shown in the 90' on the French TV.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to watch all the versions back to back in order to compare them, maybe later...

I also watched Fist of fury. I have a Korean dvd that lasts for 110 mn (at least, that's what is mentioned on the back cover), if I have time, I'll watch it again, but it seems to me that the last time I watched it, I had noticed that the scene with the rickshaw and Wei Ping Ao was longer. Maybe I'm mistaken.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
11 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I watched the Mandarin longer version today and I enjoyed it a lot. And I'm almost sure that I had already saw the second prostitute scenes before. Maybe when the movie was shown in the 90' on the French TV.

I doubt that scene was on the French TV screening, but the Mandarin trailer, with footage from that scene, has been around for years

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

I doubt that scene was on the French TV screening

Why not ? I never saw the footages you are talking about...

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
8 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Why not ? I never saw the footages you are talking about...

We seem to be at loggerheads.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ChineseSausage
On 7/22/2023 at 10:46 AM, Josh Baker said:

I stated a second reason as to why he may have taken the role 

Charlie Wang quit after facing the 7'2" giant. So it wasn't worth the money offered

• Like 1

It was not probably meant to be funny but..watched finally mandarin cut and when Bruce shouts at riverside I shall avenge them(great scene btw)! he runs straight to brothel. Rarely laugh when watch movies(even comedic ones) but now did...:laugh:monk_laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

bruce-lee-fighting-dog-in-movie-scene.jp

I randomly found this pic and the idea of them throwing the dogs doesn't sit right with me. I get things were done differently then but it's still shitty.

Just now, PandaPawPaw said:

I randomly found this pic and the idea of them throwing the dogs doesn't sit right with me. I get things were done differently then but it's still shitty.

Did they have to re-shoot some of the Thai set scenes at Wader studios?, for the sequence at the Boss's mansion?. Or did they need to film some extra close up shots?. Animal cruelty wasnt an issue in 1970's Asian cinema, it was still going on even in Hollywood during the same time. Nothing new, many animals died during the making of the original Walt Disney version of Homeward Bound, something the company will shy away from now.

• Sad 1