Big Boss 50 anniversary this month

Coliseum1972

On 10/25/2021 at 1:48 PM, ShawAngela said:

So ? What is this long awaited film that is coming ?!

On 10/25/2021 at 1:57 PM, YATTOU said:

yes What is this long awaited film that is coming ?!

Thats an old promotional tagline from one of the old theatrical trailers for the Big Boss. The ones with the swirling txt on-screen.

• Like 1

starschwar
On 10/3/2021 at 5:11 AM, Coliseum1972 said:

"A long awaited film.....is coming"

I just remembered this semi-cryptic post.  Kudos - you called it.  You must continue to use this power for good.  Start quoting early trailers for A Better Tomorrow II!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coliseum1972

its a slogan  , thus " "

its european/US 50 anniversary now so one  could say BB has 2 anniversaries as 2 different dubs

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

The long-lost footage from THE BIG BOSS is fascinating to see. The second brothel visit feels like outtakes from a mondo documentary!

And it's interesting that in cutting down the film, somebody took the trouble to remove James Tien's best fight footage! No wonder the poor bastard is still cranky!

• Like 2

CliveReston
On 7/18/2023 at 7:15 PM, Killer Meteor said:

The long-lost footage from THE BIG BOSS is fascinating to see. The second brothel visit feels like outtakes from a mondo documentary!

And it's interesting that in cutting down the film, somebody took the trouble to remove James Tien's best fight footage! No wonder the poor bastard is still cranky!

Is he?

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
4 hours ago, CliveReston said:

Is he?

Apparently so. He does seem to have vanished off the face of the earth.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
On 7/19/2023 at 12:15 AM, Killer Meteor said:

But he was in a bunch of movies way after that so was it something else that pissed him off?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

But he was in a bunch of movies way after that so was it something else that pissed him off?

Yeah but they were often in supporting roles or villain roles- his leading man career was stolen from him after Bruce came on the scene. I guess he could've gone the independent and been the lead in a bunch of kung Fu films in Taiwan but he was one of the first actors for GH and probably remained loyal to the production company I suppose.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 1:15 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Do you mean that this fight is now in the boxset but wasn't in the previous versions of Big Boss, or the contrary ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

Yeah but they were often in supporting roles or villain roles- his leading man career was stolen from him after Bruce came on the scene. I guess he could've gone the independent and been the lead in a bunch of kung Fu films in Taiwan but he was one of the first actors for GH and probably remained loyal to the production company I suppose.

Yes, that's a pity he didn't have more leading roles. He was good in The chase, Thunderbolt, The eight invincibles, Shaolin plot and Seaman no7. And of course Big Boss !

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
10 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

Ah right yeah that makes sense but it's a shame he stopped acting. I liked him as villain.

Why would he have chosen to do GOD then if he was annoyed about his treatment with TBB? Just a money thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Ah right yeah that makes sense but it's a shame he stopped acting. I liked him as villain.

Why would he have chosen to do GOD then if he was annoyed about his treatment with TBB? Just a money thing?

I would say yes, and more exposure for his career. 

Bruce spoke his dialogue in English so there may have been discussions in GH internally, for an international push for GOD before Fred Weintraub came into the picture.

• Like 1

I've said in other discussion threads that James Tien probably would've come back to shoot more scenes for GOD if theyd gone in a different direction for GOD '78, because they would've driven a dump truck full of money outside of his house and it would've been his first role in an international production.

CliveReston
42 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

I've said in other discussion threads that James Tien probably would've come back to shoot more scenes for GOD if theyd gone in a different direction for GOD '78, because they would've driven a dump truck full of money outside of his house and it would've been his first role in an international production.

You assume much. Surely money isn't always a deciding factor.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, Josh Baker said:

Without checking, he was in a Laura Gemser film at some point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CliveReston said:

You assume much. Surely money isn't always a deciding factor.

I stated a second reason as to why he may have taken the role 

• Like 1