Big Trouble In Little China

Guest masterderico

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JustAFan

As a child I lov'd this movie, and as an adult I love this movie. Great movie, I wonder how many people feal this way about this movie. And, when is this movie gonna get a proper DVD release.

Also, a Tsui Hark remake would be great. That leads me to ask who would you all like to see in said remake?

I say get Kurt Russell to do his role again.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Even though it's incredibly cheesy I like it, it's meant to be a comedy more than anything. I like when Carter Wong blows himself up just like a blimp. :lol

Guest moviegyrl

I was just talking with someone about this film a few days ago. It is one of my favorites from childhood! But, the Kurt Russell and Kim Cattrall characters were truly annoying. 'Loved the three sorcerer-henchmen in hats (proper term?)! 'Loved that the director saw fit to cast a kungfu icon like Carter Wong!

Guest Markgway

Fun film, made back before Carpenter became Crapenter.

Kurt Russell rules, his performance is hilarious.

I'd hate to see a remake; it's unecessary and Tsui Hark is well past his sell-by-date.

And, when is this movie gonna get a proper DVD release.

Um, it's been out for a few years in a 2-disc set.

Where were you??? :lol

I've always been a fan of this film. Cheesy - but aren't most kung fu movies. It was agood time and I was biased ebcause Jim lau (Wing chun guy) handled the fights.

Rindge

shaolin drunkard

"are you kidding?I just wanna get my truck back".Dialogue of Russell is at times like for mentally retardedXD.Worth seeing once,at least for me there is nothing to give it 2nd go.

Way of the Dragon

I love carter wong and kurt russell but i didnt like this very much. Im not sure about a remake of this film, it will probaly be bad.

lol the massive lampshade hats they wore did make me laugh

I always waited for that sequel but it never came, cool movie.

I heard that the original concept for BTILC was a sequel to Buckaroo Banzai.

as far as the remake:mad::cry::(

Saw this again over the holidays. I like this film. Has anyone ever listened to the commentary track on the dvd? Is it worth checking out? The 2 disc set, was that UK only?

The 2 disc set, was that UK only?

No - Region 1 release - image below. It's out of print now, so get a copy if you can find it. Maybe its getting a blu-ray release?.?..

511EGE76GNL._SS500_.jpg

I need to pick this up again, I lent my old copy out. This is one of those movies that never gets old, one of the greatest quotable movies out there.

I was interested in the other 2 element fighters Rain and Lightning (Carter Wong is Thunder), for some reason I was thinking these two where in some older KF flicks, but with a imdb search it looks as they both did more tv, Peter Kwong(Rain) has been acting since the 70's and his credits go back to Miami Vice, Manimal, and the A-Team, he was even in a Wonder Woman episode, he was also in the skater movie Gleaming the Cube.

Freakin' great movie....I think the lightning guy is one of the coolest things on the face of this earth!! I'm such a geek, LOL.

Yep, James Pax as "Lightning" was awesome. Last movies I saw him in were Shootfighter with Bolo Yeung and The Heroic Trio (as Michelle Yeoh's boyfriend). My wife actually loves the movie too!!! I love the "battle of the minds" between Egg Shen and Lo Pan, the way Lo Pan uses his pinkies and thumbs as if he's playing a video game LOL

A definite classic!!!

Yep, James Pax as "Lightning" was awesome. Last movies I saw him in were Shootfighter with Bolo Yeung and The Heroic Trio (as Michelle Yeoh's boyfriend). My wife actually loves the movie too!!! I love the "battle of the minds" between Egg Shen and Lo Pan, the way Lo Pan uses his pinkies and thumbs as if he's playing a video game LOL

A definite classic!!!

I had no idea he was in 'The Heroic Trio'. Thanks for the info. :)

Saw this again over the holidays. I like this film. Has anyone ever listened to the commentary track on the dvd? Is it worth checking out? The 2 disc set, was that UK only?

This was a great 2 disc set and the commentary is a very good listen. Big Trouble In Little China is a fun comedy, that did a nice job parodying both HK films and the 80's Hollywood style action hero. Rewatched several times already.

Carpenter and Russell were terrific partners in their earlier films and that shows in the commentary. It's not a very technical discussion, but a fun breezy track with funny stories interspersed; like watching the movie with a couple of buds that really get it. I also highly recommend the THING and Escape from New York DVDs as well and give them a listen if you haven't already.

littlefuzzy

I always enjoy this film (I've had the 2-disc set for years). In fact, this thread makes me want to throw it in again soon.

I always like seeing James Hong (David Lo Pan) and Victor Wong (Egg Shen) in movies. James Hong was at an Anime convention I went to a few years ago, and that was pretty neat.

When i was a kid i loved this movie and i still so love this movie.

One scene that stands out for me is the part when Jack (kurt russell) shoots at the concrete ceiling above him and a chunk falls and knocks him out funniest part IMO.:D

SlothStyleKungFu

Ironic as Hell that Tsui Hark would be thinking of remaking Big trouble because watching Zu Warriors is what led to Carpenter making Big Trouble.

I like Big Trouble just fine. The Thing and Escape from NY will always be my fave Carpenter films, but Big Trouble is fun. A lot of people who (re)discovered it later dont remember what a huge box office bomb the film was. It was supposed to be a big summer movie and it just tanked.

One of the select few martial arts themed films that my kids love watching as much as I do. Must of seen this one at least 20 times when I was younger!

Archived