Cry Macho (2021 - Clint Eastwood, Ambery Lynn Ashley, Ivan Hernandez, Bryteen Ratledge

DragonClaws

I was intrigued enough by the trailer to check this out. Big mistake!

It's probably not the total trainwreck some make it out to be but it gets damn close to one.

If you were simply to take aspects of the story apart none of it makes any sense. Not to mention that some of the scenes with their lack of any logic whatsoever end up being laughably bad.

Adding to this mix are performances aside from Eastwood who no matter what just brings a certain grace to the screen which aren't worthy of a cheap telenovela episode. Especially Clint's counterpart does a terrible job! Whether it's his lack of acting ability or maybe the poor script, who knows.

It's also funny that for some reason Clint's character still seems to be attractive to the (much younger) opposite sex. Cough "The Mule".

Eastwood has the agility of a walking corpse here, sorry I know the man is 90+ years old. No disrespect. But we're supposed to believe some of this stuff, right.

The real star of the movie is Macho, you'll know when you see. And maybe underneath all this dribble is a story about love and second chances in life despite ones age. I don't know. Maybe I'm being too harsh but there's just one too many things to wrap your head around.

• Like 1

Is there a lot of action in this one? Not that I'm expecting Clint to be fistfighting like his Every Which Way But Loose days, but some gunslinging and shootouts?

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, laagi said:

The real star of the movie is Macho, you'll know when you see. And maybe underneath all this dribble is a story about love and second chances in life despite ones age. I don't know. Maybe I'm being too harsh but there's just one too many things to wrap your head around.

I'd like to see this one, based on the trailer alone.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, laagi said:

It's also funny that for some reason Clint's character still seems to be attractive to the (much younger) opposite sex. Cough "The Mule".

Eastwood has the agility of a walking corpse here, sorry I know the man is 90+ years old. No disrespect. But we're supposed to believe some of this stuff, right.

Even in his earlier movies, there was a lot of bending of reality. Judging by the trailer, it looks like an interesting view on Eastwoods tough screen image, from his own older perspective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SamSeed said:

Is there a lot of action in this one? Not that I'm expecting Clint to be fistfighting like his Every Which Way But Loose days, but some gunslinging and shootouts?

Very little action.

Scenes involving illegal cockfighting, used to be cut in the U.K. I'm not sure how the BBFC view this topic now?. Many films had such scenes removed, Enter the Ninja & Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid being two examples I can think of.

• Like 1