Bruce Lee is back in the upcoming 'Game of Death Redux' (version 2.0)!

mpm74

4 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

who is this guy? Alan Canvan?

conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy

An alleged filmmaker..............

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt very much that we're seeing 2.0. And if it means getting rid of Canvan, he can stuff it up his ass.

As I said on another forum, he's self-serving and narcissistic. "If Bruce and I worked on this project, we'd have each other" was the last straw. No, pal, he'd have killed you. It's his project, so refrain from over-embellishing your importance for God's sake. And dubbing Lee's voice was the living end.

This guy took Game of Death, G.O.D 2003, and the movie's soundtrack then edited it all together like a talentless college kid. He cut bits out when there was absolutely no need, and the Barry score was overused and all over the place.

Now, he's ripping people off and acting like a hotshot.

Edited by tomgray2404
  • Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Here's the thing, and I'm not actually pointing fingers at anybody. But you know me, I'm gonna say it like it is. I think we're all old enough to talk about things like this so here goes.

I just find it mighty weird how this guy's ego was pouring through the interviews provided within the past couple of years. Even when a good number of us called it out on here, some people didnt want to hear it. They wanted us to praise him to the bone, which made no sense at all. I'm pretty sure a good number of members here could edit away on Bruce's footage. I'm not trying to demean the man, but if anything, he seriously lacked humility through his actions. I just can't get behind someone that does that. And this is not me commenting on the work itself.

If bad practices and threatening people with lawyers, because you demanded free service, is any bad; what else could have happened with this project behind closed doors?

Just my two cents. I'm not going to argue with trolls on this topic like I did last year.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

19 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

Here's the thing, and I'm not actually pointing fingers at anybody. But you know me, I'm gonna say it like it is. I think we're all old enough to talk about things like this so here goes.

I just find it mighty weird how this guy's ego was pouring through the interviews provided within the past couple of years. Even when a good number of us called it out on here, some people didnt want to hear it. They wanted us to praise him to the bone, which made no sense at all. I'm pretty sure a good number of members here could edit away on Bruce's footage. I'm not trying to demean the man, but if anything, he seriously lacked humility through his actions. I just can't get behind someone that does that. And this is not me commenting on the work itself.

If bad practices and threatening people with lawyers, because you demanded free service, is any bad; what else could have happened with this project behind closed doors?

Just my two cents. I'm not going to argue with trolls on this topic like I did last year.

I clocked his personality on the first interview I watched. No humility, full of hot air and self-praise.

• Like 4

This is very unfortunate news. Hopefully both parties will come to some kind of consensus without pursuing any legal issues (in a case like this, only lawyers win, especially considering the time, effort and energy has to be applied). I don't know the whole story, but fallouts like this always come down to the lack of communication. Not taking sides, but if someone put in the time to do the work, they need to be compensated for the time they put in, even if it's just a settled amount/meeting 1/2 way deal. This way, everyone can move onward on upward, with very little loss.

Please note my comment above is based off knowing ZERO about this ordeal. 

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 1

Apparently its been resolved.

Oh well, that's going to disappoint the Canvan haters.:)

20230113_180656.jpg

Edited by CliveReston
  • Like 1

This is great news. Onward and upward! 

Kudos to Ricky for massaging the situation. 

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 1/12/2023 at 9:09 AM, tomgray2404 said:

I clocked his personality on the first interview I watched. No humility, full of hot air and self-praise.

No offense, but this quote reads like a description of you.

45 minutes ago, CliveReston said:

No offense, but this quote reads like a description of you.

None taken, pal, especially since you've made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Are you going to bed in your Game of Death PJs because big Canvan has kissed and made up? Good God!

Edited by tomgray2404
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomgray2404 said:

None taken, pal, especially since you've made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Are you going to bed in your Game of Death PJs because big Canvan has kissed and made up? Good God!

But you make sense? Seriously, you come across as a bitter, jealous lad with way too much time on your hands. 

6 hours ago, CliveReston said:

But you make sense? Seriously, you come across as a bitter, jealous lad with way too much time on your hands. 

I thought Canvan was a narcissistic arsehole long before it emerged that he was cheating people out of a paycheck, pal.

Do you think I'm going to change my mind because someone he hired was coerced into backtracking on social media? The fella clearly got paid and took a chill pill 🤣

And you're right, I do have some time on my hands. I think I'll grab a couple of Bruce Lee videos, edit them on Premiere Pro, dub in MY OWN VOICE, and add the Jaws soundtrack.

I'll then state publicly that John Williams and I would have killed each other if we'd worked together.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, tomgray2404 said:

And you're right, I do have some time on my hands. I think I'll grab a couple of Bruce Lee videos, edit them on Premiere Pro, dub in MY OWN VOICE, and add the Jaws soundtrack.

I'll then state publicly that John Williams and I would have killed each other if we'd worked together.

I liked your previous work. The rescored soundtrack really bought out the deep love between the two main characters. A love that shall never be. :(

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, tomgray2404 said:

I thought Canvan was a narcissistic arsehole long before it emerged that he was cheating people out of a paycheck, pal.

I'm sure there are folks that think the same of you. And what? So you know for a fact that he was cheating people? Where's the proof? Because someone ranted about him? How about this: I'll put a FB post up saying you stiffed me and let's just call it fact. Because I said so.

Wake up.

4 hours ago, tomgray2404 said:

Do you think I'm going to change my mind because someone he hired was coerced into backtracking on social media? The fella clearly got paid and took a chill pill 🤣

I don't give a flying---- if you change your mind. I'm saying that clearly you have a hard on for this guy. It says a lot about you.

Regarding the "we'd have killed each other" quote. Whats the problem with that? Too honest for ya? 😆

What did Rick Baker do exactly? Offer Bruce's bamboo as an olive branch?

If two people working on GOD fall out and make up again, it should be because a special collector presented the missing log footage so as to broker peace.

• Like 1