Bruce Lee is back in the upcoming 'Game of Death Redux' (version 2.0)!

mpm74

So will it be using the Artport DVD as a source still?

I ask as it does mention a full restoration but AFAIK Artport own the original Negs.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 4

I'm crazy over this trailer! I musta watched it a few dozen times over the last few days. The footage looked so sharp, I can see details that I'd never noticed before. The colour grade looks superb!

@ mpm74 do you know when this will be released?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, CliveReston said:

I'm crazy over this trailer! I musta watched it a few dozen times over the last few days. The footage looked so sharp, I can see details that I'd never noticed before. The colour grade looks superb!

@ mpm74 do you know when this will be released?

A release date is still pending. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I hear word. ;)

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 5

I'm curious as how a DVD/BR or anything else can be used as a base for a fan edit and then be released. Isn't there copyright and all that to deal with? I've noticed a lot of UK Blu-rays having hybrid tracks ripped from other sources and stuff.

I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong just curious. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I'm curious as how a DVD/BR or anything else can be used as a base for a fan edit and then be released. Isn't there copyright and all that to deal with? I've noticed a lot of UK Blu-rays having hybrid tracks ripped from other sources and stuff.

I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong just curious. :)

I'd guess the same way that Artport or Little's edits were released. By licensing the footage from Fortune Star?

Edited by CliveReston
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CliveReston said:

I'd guess the same way that Artport or Little's edits were released. By licensing the footage from Fortune Star?

Artport own the GOD found footage (Well the original Negs at least). Little's version was taken from another source which is why it doesn't looks as good.

Fortune Star did include the GOD footage on their old Bruce Lee HK Boxset but it was Letterbox iirc (Like HKL).

It took a year of negotiating for HKL to get the Artport GOD footage but only Letterbox version.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Artport own the GOD found footage (Well the original Negs at least). Little's version was taken from another source which is why it doesn't looks as good.

Fortune Star did include the GOD footage on their old Bruce Lee HK Boxset but it was Letterbox iirc (Like HKL).

It took a year of negotiating for HKL to get the Artport GOD footage but only Letterbox version.

Yes, but GOD footage itself ( including the full length in Artport) is all owned by Fortune Star I believe. 

I thought that the  WJ footage was the same source as Artport, the difference being  that Artport gave it an HD treatment, while Little didn't have the budget to do the same?

• Like 3

que possede artport god  du 35 mm ou cassette betacam et les 97 min de god qui les possede et existe il des video inedites de god out door ect log scene ect... 

On 10/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, CliveReston said:

I thought that the  WJ footage was the same source as Artport, the difference being  that Artport gave it an HD treatment, while Little didn't have the budget to do the same?

I thought the Artport footge, looked worse than the Warriors Journey footage to be honest. Very faded and pale looking, at least in the version I had.

When the Warriors Journey project was announced in IMPACT magazine around 2001. There was talk of more newly shot 35mm film, of which only a few short clips appear in the final edit. Did they shoot more footage. Did Warner Brothers cut the budget during production?, or did they demand some change be made to the documentary?.

• Like 2

1. that possesses artport god of 35 mm or betacam cassette and the 97 min of god which possesses them and there are unpublished 
that possesses artport god of 35 mm or betacam cassette and the 97 min of god which possesses them and there are unpublished video of god out door ect log scene ect ...
 of god out door ect log scene ect ...
what exactly has fortune star on bruce lee in video boss god fist way enter or hktvb or more  can you inform me and hktvb does it exist or not 
wong in sik versus kim tai jong exists in video for the game of death or not seems that it is samo hung who rules the fight for the film

7 hours ago, YATTOU said:
wong in sik versus kim tai jong exists in video for the game of death or not seems that it is samo hung who rules the fight for the film

Wong in Sik vs Kim Tai Jong? Now that would be interesting to see, if it does...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

Wong in Sik vs Kim Tai Jong? Now that would be interesting to see, if it does...

When you've been around for four decades, you just know this kind of thing doesn't exist.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomgray2404 said:

When you've been around for four decades, you just know this kind of thing doesn't exist.

It just raised my hopes of a partially shot Bruce Lee vs Wong In Sik fight sequence that Sammo completed with Kim Tai Jong in 1977. If only...

• Like 4

On 10/21/2021 at 10:00 PM, Josh Baker said:

It just raised my hopes of a partially shot Bruce Lee vs Wong In Sik fight sequence that Sammo completed with Kim Tai Jong in 1977. If only...

I've honestly never heard of it. Have you got a source?

Whang did martial arts films through that period but - from what I can see - didn't work for Golden Harvest between 1975 and 1980.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomgray2404 said:

I've honestly never heard of it. Have you got a source?

Whang did martial arts films through that period but - from what I can see - didn't work for Golden Harvest between 1975 and 1980.

I havent heard of it either it's just that comment excited me about the possibility of it existing.

• Like 3

There's been rumours of a complete or partially shot Whang In SikBruce Lee fight from Game of Death for a long time. Since the earliest days of the fan forums. I have a few theories on this one, but I don't have enough knowledge to really say if it exists.

• Like 3

yes rumors also rumors like what kim tai jong against wong ing sik that sammo would have ruled on the other hand wong in sik has double shit yuan in the difficult scenes in the game of death pagoda see forum bruce lee lives
  •  

I think wang in sik and blee didn't have time to film the fight and taky kimura too
but a video with inosanto and wu ngan exists on god and lasts 20 or 30 min making off with comments from bruce lee turns in the backyard of wheat an excerpt exists on the internet you must have seen it c is david tadman who found it
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, YATTOU said:

I think wang in sik and blee didn't have time to film the fight and taky kimura too

Whang In Sik had time to film exterior scenes, and was present during the filming of at least one of the pogoda fights.

• Like 4