Five Venoms remake

Guest limubai2000

Guest limubai2000

Allegedly... from MonkeyPeaches...

Sina.com.cn reports that Hong Kong superstar (Andy Lau) has planed to finance a remake of WU DU (Five Deadly Venoms / Five Venoms / Pick Your Poison), by late martial-art film director Chang Cheh. The original report claims the cast will probably include Edison Chen (Dog Bite Dog, Initial D, Infernal Affairs), Maggie Q (Live Free or Die Hard, Mission: Impossible III) and Lau himself, the film will be shot in English (???) with director Kirk Wong (The Big Hit, Jackie Chan�s Crime Story). Released in 1978, the original Wu Du tells that a young kung-fu prot�g� is ordered by his dying master to eliminate the evil ones among five of his previous prot�g�s, known as the Five Venoms. Each of the Five Venoms has a lethal skill learned from a toxic animal. The young prot�g� have to find and team up with the good one among the Five Venoms, to defeat the evil ones. Shooting would begin right after the Chinese New Year next spring.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who is Lau going to play? He's to old to be one of the Venoms, and way overrated in my book. Why even bother to remake this if your not going to bring the level of talent in that made the first one so good in the first place:rolleyes

I still believe there is talent out there, but they'd have to bring in a couple no-name actors in to pull this off, seeing how Jaa will be unavailable.

This sounds as bad as the 7 Samurai remake.

I bet ole Chang Cheh is rolling over in his grave.

:rollin

Lets hope Buddah gives him life, so he can come back and kill Andy Lau, the Weinsteins, and Ric Meyers.

Guest Chen Zhen

the least they can do is to call in Kwok Choi to handle the fight choreography. that may stir some interest...for me at least

Archived