New York Ninja (1984) - Lost John Liu Film is Finally Seeing the Light!

udar55

6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

But I'm not surprised, since when I wrote my review of Zen Kwan Do in Paris a while ago, I wondered if John Liu wasn't a sex obssessed man since the movie he wrote or directed or I don't know whaat was so focused on sex scenes and naked women, particularly the scene where he was training in martial arts with several naked women seeming to have sex in a strange dance around him !!!

Yeah, I got similar vibes from Ninja in the Claws of the CIA.

But the thing is, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people in the film industry are sex-obsessed. And once you reach a certain position of influence and/or power, it's easy to abuse it under the pretexts of helping people get a hold in the industry.

OBS: I'm sure a lot of humanity is sex obsessed, and those find themselves in positions of influence can exploit that to satisfy their own lust or desire for power over others (i.e. sex as a power play) if they lack a moral anchor to keep those impulses and temptations under control.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Yeah, I got similar vibes from Ninja in the Claws of the CIA.

But the thing is, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people in the film industry are sex-obsessed. And once you reach a certain position of influence and/or power, it's easy to abuse it under the pretexts of helping people get a hold in the industry.

OBS: I'm sure a lot of humanity is sex obsessed, and those find themselves in positions of influence can exploit that to satisfy their own lust or desire for power over others (i.e. sex as a power play) if they lack a moral anchor to keep those impulses and temptations under control.

So, I guess that I won't track down Ninja in the claws of the CIA if there are similar scenes as in Zen Kwan Do in Paris...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, saltysam said:

Review here- this looks great, will be ordering this when it goes on sale at VS on Monday

https://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?9091-New-York-Ninja-(Vinegar-Syndrome)-Blu-ray-Review&

Me too. VS is also having a promotion where they are giving away film cans to the first 10 buyers. Also, VS is having a Black Friday sale starting the 26 through the 29. Wondering if I should hold off hoping that New York Ninja will be discounted?

Screenshot_2021-10-30 Vinegar Syndrome Facebook.png

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I could be wrong but i don't think VS include their latest releases in their BF sale.Also once the sale finishes they close up shop for a while to get through the 1000's of orders they get, so could be a while getting it. I'm going to get it Monday,be expensive for me here in the UK but i want this one.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

7 hours ago, saltysam said:

I could be wrong but i don't think VS include their latest releases in their BF sale.Also once the sale finishes they close up shop for a while to get through the 1000's of orders they get, so could be a while getting it. I'm going to get it Monday,be expensive for me here in the UK but i want this one.

Good to know. I won't take any chances then and will order it on Monday.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Ordered ! :laugh

Me too! I was worried this one would sell out but it looks like Vinegar Syndrome releases don't really sell out.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
On 10/31/2021 at 3:09 PM, saltysam said:

Tell me about it, fellow UK feller here. 

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 4

Vinegar Syndrome has already shipped mine! Wow, I was expecting to take 24 to 48 hours to ship. Now I've just got to see how long FedEx take to deliver.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
22 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Vinegar Syndrome has already shipped mine! Wow, I was expecting to take 24 to 48 hours to ship. Now I've just got to see how long FedEx take to deliver.

Talk about service. Expecting mine tomorrow.fedex. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Talk about service. Expecting mine tomorrow.fedex. 

I'm expecting mine today! That's one day delivery, baby. Though I am a little skeptical about it actually getting here in that time. Tomorrow, maybe.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
7 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm expecting mine today! That's one day delivery, baby. Though I am a little skeptical about it actually getting here in that time. Tomorrow, maybe.

Yo that's some shaolin chi fu death touch delivery there bro.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My delivery began as being next day, then changed to two day shipping. Now it should arrive on Friday. I'm not complaining though as that's still super fast shipping.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

My delivery began as being next day, then changed to two day shipping. Now it should arrive on Friday. I'm not complaining though as that's still super fast shipping.

Meant to receive it today but fat chance of that. Have you read the FedEX reviews on trustpilot Their shipping is beyond awful

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Meant to receive it today but fat chance of that. Have you read the FedEX reviews on trustpilot Their shipping is beyond awful

I haven't. But I did question them when I live South of where the shipper is and my package went North.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

I checked the site Vinegar Syndrome this week-end, and I didn't even find the movie in their pages, unless I didn't have my eyes at the right place or didn't recognize the cover...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I checked the site Vinegar Syndrome this week-end, and I didn't even find the movie in their pages, unless I didn't have my eyes at the right place or didn't recognize the cover...

It wasn't released until Monday.

• Like 3