Red Notice - Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds

Drunken Monk

@Drunken Monk you're dead on. This might as well be another F&F spin-off. I can't imagine how much Netflix paid for this little (mis)adventure.

Also Ryan Reynolds and The Rock have pretty much standardized their characters by now. Might not be a bad thing per se but I'm honestly starting to feel a bit tired to see the same thing all over again.

Oh well, still gonna check this out...

• Like 4

Trailers can be deceiving. However this time it's spot on!

For the most part this is an unimaginative unimpressive production simply trying to emulate the highs of far superior movies.

Only difference this time around it's led by an A-list cast. Not to mention one of the best paid currently in Hollywood. It's even more shocking that all of them deliver D if not F worthy performances.

Ryan Reynolds seems to be bored out of his f*cking mind during the first act delivering yet another one of his deadpool performances. Dwayne Johnson to be fair does have his usual charisma which slightly elevates the movie. Gal Gadot while only sporadically present has not only an utterly annoying character but also delivers probably the worst performance of them all.

Now that we all know this baby cost $200 million! at least we can expect some quality right? Unfortunatley not. While it is a globetrotting chase the locations feel and look artificial. Which after some research doesn't come as a suprise since most of Red Notice was shot on a sound stage in Atlanta.

Add your average story with some dumb plot twist at the end and you've got yourself the most expensive dud Netflix ever produced. BTW, if you're wishing for some decent action think again they literally cut the crap out of it. I tried to count cuts during a elaborate car chase and it seemed by the second.

But for those who really enjoyed it. Good news Red Notice will most likely make a return. For me I'll gladly pass.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, nectarsis said:

It had some fun action, but the last 20 minutes was so absurd in so many ways it took me out of the movie completely.

Actually the last 20 minutes with the surprise cameo was one of the few things that raised a smile. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, laagi said:

Actually the last 20 minutes with the surprise cameo was one of the few things that raised a smile. 

If it's a performer you're talking about that wasn't a problem it was trying not to do spoilers here lol When they find the 3rd egg that whole 1520 minutes was absurd and took me out of the movie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah trying to stay as vague as possible wouldn't wanna spoil this masterpiece :monk_laughing:

I guess you're talking about the blatant Indiana Jones copy. Yeah that was pretty bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, laagi said:

Yeah trying to stay as vague as possible wouldn't wanna spoil this masterpiece :monk_laughing:

I guess you're talking about the blatant Indiana Jones copy. Yeah that was pretty bad.

the vehicle segement/shootout LMAO

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, nectarsis said:

If it's a performer you're talking about that wasn't a problem it was trying not to do spoilers here lol

1 hour ago, laagi said:

Yeah trying to stay as vague as possible wouldn't wanna spoil this masterpiece

Just a reminder guys that we do have the spoiler feature if you want to discuss certain parts of a movie without ruining it for others.

Simply highlight the text containing spoilers, and click the eye icon from the tool bar, and it'll hide the text giving the reader the option if they want to unhide it or not.  Example below - 

Spoiler

I find Ryan Reynolds unwatchable.

• Like 3