Dan Inosanto biopic?

Majin Android

Majin Android

Would you watch a movie on the life of Dan Inosanto? I believe I read an article years ago with a project in the works. Besides a healthy dose of Bruce Lee, what other elements would they have to introduce to make the film more palatable to a mainstream audience?

As an American who’s parents came from the Philippines. I just don’t know if a mainstream audience is quite ready to embrace the Filipino American story. Others have tried with middling success. These stories tend to fly under the radar.

Inosanto’s martial arts background and connections to Bruce Lee would definitely reach a greater audience.

Edited by Majin Android
  • Like 3

shukocarl1441996347
3 hours ago, Majin Android said:

Would you watch a movie on the life of Dan Inosanto? I believe I read an article years ago with a project in the works. Besides a healthy dose of Bruce Lee, what other elements would they have to introduce to make the film more palatable to a mainstream audience?

As an American who’s parents came from the Philippines. I just don’t know if a mainstream audience is quite ready to embrace the Filipino American story. Others have tried with middling success. These stories tend to fly under the radar.

Inosanto’s martial arts background and connections to Bruce Lee would definitely reach a greater audience.

Not me it would be a whitewash bio pic along the lines of 'Dragon the Bruce Lee Story', also not keen to see a film about someone who turned JKD inside out and made something else and unrecognisable from Lee's original.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaldoTheKid said:

A biopic probably wouldn't sell but I could see a documentary doing all right.

Agreed, I'd love to see a thorough, well done documentary on Dan, his martial arts history would be fascinating (if not impossible to condense into 2 hours), but I don't think any kind of (accurate ) Inosanto bio film would have enough mass appeal to get it sold. 

• Like 4

dionbrother

Danny's life, while interesting to a martial artist, has no dramatic potential that I'm aware of.  Do you depict the ugly truth of Shannon Lee suing him for using the term "Jeet Kune Do" because she's on a patent trolling crusade?  Danny training a team of JKD fighters to compete in the Long Beach Internationals and getting eliminated by the BKF 'B' Team in 1974(or maybe 75, I'd have to look it up)?  A nice documentary would be cool though.  Having attended an Inosanto seminar, it would be interesting as the man is a fountain of knowledge.

• Like 4