Anyone seen Spirited Killer?

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

Saw the trailer and for the budget it looks decent...

Panna Rittikrai looks like a good martial artist and as a bonus we have a younger Tony Jaa that looks as acrobatic as usual. Is it any good?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look back a few pages this was covered before, looks like a pickup to me, but I'm not expecting greatness:smokin , the trailer has some good looking fighting from what I've seen.

Ok, just watched this, first the Special Features -

Master of Action: Panna Rattikrai & Thailand Dangerous -

Probably the best reason to get this, shows Panna in a lot of his old ultralowbudget films, lots of stunts with guys on motorcycles with machine guns mounted to the handle bars.

Tony Takes Manhatten -

Could of been better had the guy filming it layed off all the cocaine before hand, the camera moves around enough to make you dizzy, and you couldn't hear the questions, but if you never seen Jaa live, he shows he can do anything live that he does on film.

Tony Jaa: Thailands favorite son -

Just Jaa at some festival, useless really.

Muay Thai Boran -

Shows a couple guys demostrating at first to the music of the Hot, Cool, & Vicious! (awesome!), then shows a bunch of people training in front of a temple, it's all in Thai.

The movie -

This movies as you can guess is just to capitalize from Jaa's fame, if your buying it for Jaa, the Youtube video pretty much shows his only fight in the movie, as he really doesn't even have a part, it is the best fight in the movie. The rest makes Taiwan films look like Hollywood blockbusters, still it was interesting to see just how far these guys have come.

Master of Action: Panna Rattikrai & Thailand Dangerous - Probably the best reason to get this, shows Panna in a lot of his old ultralowbudget films, lots of stunts with guys on motorcycles with machine guns mounted to the handle bars.

I enjoyed this but I wish the DVD makers had put the titles of the various movies they took the clips from. It just runs as one big blur.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Just finished watching this, and enjoyed it. Plot was just as bad as I expected. The fights were well done and entertaining. Probably the best looking older Panna flicIve seen. Very misleading of BCI to put Jaa's name and face on the cover (I know, marketing). He's an unnamed bit player,but has a goood fight with Panna. The movie basically consistsof lots of fighting and running through the woods. I thought Panna's weapons work was impressive. He even had a handfull of pretty cool knife/sword tricks. Its worth the money, a 2-disc version for under $10.

Guest Knockabout

Just to make it clear, Spirited Killer is in actual fact Plook Mun Kuen Ma Kah 4 (but not a sequel just a remake of Plook Mun Kuen Ma Kah 1) made in 1994 - Litteral translation of the title is: Waking up to kill.

For those people who were impressed by the fights in this one (and for that matter also for those who weren't) you should ckeck out Plook...1 - much better fights and stunts :smokin

You can preview the end fight on youtube:

Plook Mun Kuen Ma Kah - final part 1

Plook Mun Kuen Ma Kah - final part 2

Hell yeah, The fights were more impressive, and brutal, that was the same set they made 4 in! Seems like they just put more flips into Spirted Killer, what year was that made in?

Archived