Notorious Nick (2021) - Cody Christian, Elisabeth Rohm, Kevin Pollak

AlbertV

The true story of Nick Newell, a wrestler born with a partial left arm who became a mixed martial arts champion, came out on August 6 on VOD and Digital from Lionsgate and in now available on DVD. Cody Christian plays Newell, who overcame the odds of his disability, moving from the college wrestling ring to the MMA cage. The real Newell is currently a fighter for Bellator. The UK will get a DVD release on September 6.

E813My9WYAQJlwY?format=jpg&name=4096x409
71SOo9PMwdS._SL1125_.jpg

• Like 3

It had to happen. After all of the One-Armed Swordsmen, Boxers and One-Armed Magic Nuns, 21st century had to produce a One-Armed MMA fighter. I was surprised to see Notorious Nick was based on the real-life handicapped MMA competitor Nick Newell's story and of course intrigued, and I have to say it was quite an enjoyable movie. Nick's story is inspiring and Aaron Leong successfully turned it into a classic underdog, feelgood sports movie that can make you laugh, feel sad and angry and give you goosebumps.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

It had to happen. After all of the One-Armed Swordsmen, Boxers and One-Armed Magic Nuns, 21st century had to produce a One-Armed MMA fighter. I was surprised to see Notorious Nick was based on the real-life handicapped MMA competitor Nick Newell's story and of course intrigued, and I have to say it was quite an enjoyable movie. Nick's story is inspiring and Aaron Leong successfully turned it into a classic underdog, feelgood sports movie that can make you laugh, feel sad and angry and give you goosebumps.

I'm glad to hear that it's watchable as I just bought the DVD last night and plan to watch it tonight :) The real Nick Newell competes for Bellator MMA.

9hsbjttgnuoa1nj0_1587539960.jpeg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I'm glad to hear that it's watchable as I just bought the DVD last night and plan to watch it tonight

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one. Nick's real-life fight for the XFC Lightweight Title was quite impressive, made me wonder why they didn't opt for a more realistic approach to fights, but I can't complain.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 4:44 AM, Super Ninja said:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one. Nick's real-life fight for the XFC Lightweight Title was quite impressive, made me wonder why they didn't opt for a more realistic approach to fights, but I can't complain.

I liked that they actually showed footage from the real fight at the end along with an interview with the real Nick and his coach. My review:

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2021/09/05/notorious-nick-usa-2021/

• Like 3

On 9/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, AlbertV said:

I liked that they actually showed footage from the real fight at the end along with an interview with the real Nick and his coach. My review:

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2021/09/05/notorious-nick-usa-2021/

I've enjoyed your review. How could I forget to mention Elisabeth Röhm, as you said it, her character really is the epitome of a supportive parent. Her quote is my favorite of the movie:

The only disability in life is a shitty attitude, Nick.

• Like 3