Fast X (2023) - Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Jason Momoa

AlbertV

ninth-fast-furious-delayed-a-full-year.j

Universal Pictures has set a release date for the next to final installment of the Fast and Furious franchise: April 7, 2023.

Confirmed:
Vin Diesel, Jordan Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Sung Kang, Tyrese Gibson, and Chris "Ludracris" Bridges expected to return.
Dwayne Johnson is NOT returning as Luke Hobbs, although there is a Hobbs & Shaw sequel in development.
Justin Lin will return to direct the new film.

Unconfirmed:
John Cena may or may not come back as Jakob Toretto

https://www.darkhorizons.com/fast-furious-10-set-for-april-2023/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Vin Diesel had asked Dwayne Johnson to return to the franchise as Hobbs, but Johnson had made it clear he had no intention of returning. When Diesel recently posted an Instagram post asking Johnson to return again, but Johnson gave a civil answer to keeping his stance:

“I was very surprised by Vin’s recent post. This past June, when Vin and I actually connected not over social media, I told him directly – and privately – that I would not be returning to the franchise.

I was firm yet cordial with my words and said that I would always be supportive of the cast and always root for the franchise to be successful, but that there was no chance I would return.

I privately spoke with my partners at Universal as well, all of whom were very supportive as they understand the problem. Vin’s recent public post was an example of his manipulation. I didn’t like that he brought up his children in the post, as well as Paul Walker’s death. Leave them out of it.

We had spoken months ago about this and came to a clear understanding. My goal all along was to end my amazing journey with this incredible ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise with gratitude and grace. It’s unfortunate that this public dialogue has muddied the waters.

Regardless, I’m confident in the ‘Fast’ universe and its ability to consistently deliver for the audience, and I truly wish my former co-stars and crew members the best of luck and success in the next chapter.”

So, do not expect Johnson to return for the final 2 films of the franchise. 

• Like 2

Jason Momoa has confirmed to be playing the villain, which is being described by the man himself as "flamboyant with a bit of panache".

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/jason-momoa-confirms-who-hes-playing-in-fast-and-furious-10

Brie Larson has officially joined the cast according to Vin Diesel, but her role is currently under wraps. 

https://www.darkhorizons.com/brie-larson-joins-fast-furious-10/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

hb2u2hur8pu81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a
The official name of the new film is Fast X. Officially set to return are Charlize TheronSung Kang, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Ludacris, and Nathalie Emmanuel.

https://www.thewrap.com/fast-and-furious-10-cast-charlize-theron-sung-kang-fast-x/

The new release date: May 19, 2023

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Justin Lin announced he will not be directing the film due to that good ol "creative differences", but he will stay on as a producer.

Creative differences with the execs and bean counters? If so, what the heck? Hasn't he made the studio so much money that they would just leave him alone?

• Like 2

Super Ninja

Oh god, this franchise will outlive us all, only something so dumb can survive for so long.

They've even been to the moon, where's the family heading next? They are running out of places.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Oh god, this franchise will outlive us all, only something so dumb can survive for so long.

They've even been to the moon, where's the family heading next? They are running out of places.

Actually the movie,  which will be split in 2, will be the final film according to Vin Diesel himself. 

• Like 3

Super Ninja
7 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Actually the movie,  which will be split in 2, will be the final film according to Vin Diesel himself. 

Hollywood is usually milking its cows for as long as they are giving milk so I'm not yet ready to believe this :D

• Like 3

One of the Hollywood greats, Rita Moreno, is joining the cast as Dominic and Mia's grandmother

https://nypost.com/2022/05/24/rita-moreno-to-play-vin-diesels-grandma-in-fast-furious-10/

Scott Eastwood is returning to the franchise as "Little Nobody"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scott-eastwood-fast-furious-sequel-fast-x-1235150126/

• Like 2

I honestly thought this was a spoof, but whaddya know :laugh Seems like the Diesel fumes (pun intended) are finally taking a toll on the cast & crew.

Can somebody tell them they're only making a "movie" (Diesel voice)... Jesus?!

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

Ugh how many more! Whatever the last movie was, I remember it being utter shite.

Aren't these movies Chinese co produced now?

On 5/4/2023 at 8:33 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

Ugh how many more! Whatever the last movie was, I remember it being utter shite.

Aren't these movies Chinese co produced now?

Which Hollywood movie isn't nowadays? After all it's one of their most important markets.

I can't wait for another Hollywood shmuck to bend over for their chinese overlord. Ain't that right John Cena :laugh

• Haha 3

CBR.com have just posted that 

Spoiler

Dwayne Johnson is in one of the post credit scenes

In addition, Fast X is now part one of a trilogy, with part eleven now being split into two films.

• Like 1

LOL Diesel is clearly out of his fucking mind or simply hanging on to the last thread of his supposed staredom.

As for the post credits scene. It just goes to show that most if not all Hollywood actors are a bunch of spineless schmucks. Money will always rule this industry!

Can't say I'm surprised

Spoiler

but after the public announcement of not returning to the franchise. This really left a sour taste and Johnson lost a lot of respect IMHO.

But I guess with all his recent failures he couldn't resist.

A promise of a hefty paycheck may have been just the icing on the cake.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

Saw this today. Some genuine surprises (stay for the mid credits scene). Otherwise, even by Fast and Furious standards, Fast X is absolutely, ridiculously, batshit crazy. Jason Momoa has the time of his life as the villain, without a doubt the most charismatic they've ever had.

Dominic Toretto is as ever essentially Superman mixed with The Hulk. The other thing is there are zero stakes.

Zero.

That said, the action looks fantastic, a standout fistfight between Michelle Rodriguez and Charlize Theron that I thjnk ranks among the best in the franchise. Jordana Brewster gets about five minutes screentime but even then she and John Cena get a great fight scene against a load of goons.

Out of ten? I'd say a solid seven, for pure entertainment value.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
24 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

Saw this today. Some genuine surprises (stay for the mid credits scene). Otherwise, even by Fast and Furious standards, Fast X is absolutely, ridiculously, batshit crazy. Jason Momoa has the time of his life as the villain, without a doubt the most charismatic they've ever had.

Dominic Toretto is as ever essentially Superman mixed with The Hulk. The other thing is there are zero stakes.

Zero.

That said, the action looks fantastic, a standout fistfight between Michelle Rodriguez and Charlize Theron that I thjnk ranks among the best in the franchise. Jordana Brewster gets about five minutes screentime but even then she and John Cena get a great fight scene against a load of goons.

Out of ten? I'd say a solid seven, for pure entertainment value.

Thanks for the review! This film seems to be dividing audiences. I hear some people saying it's a return to form and others sating it's the worst of the franchise.

• Like 2