Betty Ting-Pei (1972) Shaw Brothers Studios Interview (Alan Wicker)

DragonClaws

Shared on Facebook by the Betty Ting-Pei Project.

Link- https://www.facebook.com/tingpeifan/videos/855710188678839

Hi everyone! Betty wants to share an interesting video with you all, a very rare English interview!
In this video is Betty and British journalist Alan Whicker. This is a film grab from Alan’s program “Whicker World, Whicker’s Orient” which was filmed in Hong Kong in 1972. The location is the Shaw Brother’s Studio lot which explains the statues and strange buildings in the background and the name of the program was titled “What Makes Shaw Run Run”, Betty was featured as one of the studios top stars. This car that Betty is driving is a 1970 Ford Mercury Cougar.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Shared on Facebook by the Betty Ting-Pei Project.

Link- https://www.facebook.com/tingpeifan/videos/855710188678839

Thanks  ! The says that she doesn't do sword fighting movies, but that she can fight in modern movies, unless I didn't hear well what she said.

Does anyone ever saw Ting Pei fighting in a movie ?

• Like 3

Cognoscente

It's too bad that Betty wasn't cast in ETD since her English is good. It's also a shame that Bruce wasn't interviewed by Alan Whicker.

There is a scene in Bruce Lee and I where Betty is in a bar while confronted by a group of thugs wearing T-shirts which illustrate a tiger on the front and a nunchaku on the back. The implication is that these men are stuntmen i.e. Lung Fu Mo Shi means dragon tiger martial masters. Ironically, one of these stuntmen is someone who didn't appear in ETD - Corey Yuen.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
On 7/7/2022 at 8:32 PM, Cognoscente said:

It's too bad that Betty wasn't cast in ETD since her English is good.

Nah, Betty Chung is far hotter!

• Like 2

Cognoscente

So were other actresses, but Chung didn't exactly run with that spark in all manner of East/West productions. Her film career pretty much ended after ETD whereas Bruce's death made 1974 the most prolific year for BTP, so Chung in ETD was a waste of space.

It's too bad for Golden Harvest, because having BTP in ETD might have increased ticket sales following Bruce's death.

Which reminds me - not only is it strange that GH had BTP and Lazenby in Stoner instead of using them to complete Game of Death to maintain their cover (i.e. script not sex), but it's strange that Lazenby would agree to be in a movie where he gets intimate with the mistress of his dead friend!

• Like 2