My Hero Academia (TBA) - Live-Action Movie

AlbertV

my-hero-1279112.jpeg?auto=webp&width=120

Legendary Entertainment is developing a live-action adaptation of one of the most popular manga and anime titles today, My Hero Academia. It was announced today that Japanese director Shinsuke Sato (The Princess Blade, Gantz, Bleach live-action) is going to make his English language debut on the upcoming film.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/shinsuke-sato-to-helm-my-hero-academia/

• Like 3

Never read the manga(Not yet, anyways), but I do like superhero stuff, so this might be alright. Tho I while approach this with extreme caution due to it being made in Hollywood and knowing their track record with Anime adaptions. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DarthKato said:

Never read the manga(Not yet, anyways), but I do like superhero stuff, so this might be alright. Tho I while approach this with extreme caution due to it being made in Hollywood and knowing their track record with Anime adaptions. 

It worries me too but with Shinsuke Sato at the helm, hopefully it will be done right. As long as producers get the material and try not to botch it up.

• Like 3

I'm a pretty big fan of the series, so I was excited for live action until I read that it was going to be in English. I'm still excited, but similarly a bit apprehensive that they might deviate from the source material in ways that don't translate too well and/or annoy fans of the series.

I hope this is the live action adaptation that puts comparisons to Dragonball: Evolution and the Netflix adaptation of Death Note.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Netflix eh??! Well, they did such a great job with Death Note, I'm sure this will be just perfect.

Death Note was horrible, which is why the creators of Stranger Things are planning a reboot for Netflix with Halia Abdel-Meglia, who has lived in Japan and is a fan of the manga, will be scripting.

https://hypebeast.com/2022/10/duffer-brothers-death-note-netflix-screenwriter-halia-abdel-meguid-confirmed

• Like 1