The Official Boxing Thread

DiP

@DiP, check this out. One of the greatest boxers vs muay thai/kickboxers exhibition match between Pac & Buakaw in a 6 round boxing rules only at a catchweight of 70 kilos early in 2024. Instead of the usual 1 minute rest between rounds, it's been extended to 2 minutes. I think this will go the way of Floyd vs Tenshin but both Pac and Buakaw are classier than either of those two, so you won't see any crying in the ring. :laugh

pacquiao-buakaw.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DiP said:

Fulton Vs Inoue is closing in, and looks like someone is scared. :rofl

Wahid Rahim already trying to play the jedi mind tricks and also setting up an excuse for his fighter. I don't get all the love that Fulton is getting for going to Japan to fight Inoue saying he's a warrior to fight overseas. How many foreign boxers come to the US all the time to fight for world titles? The only reason Fulton agreed to go to Japan is this will be his biggest payday of his career and he would not get anywhere that amount of money here in the US because the US doesn't care about these lighter weights. Did you notice that translator is the same "fluffy pen" lady that used to translate for the UFC fights?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@DiP, check this out. One of the greatest boxers vs muay thai/kickboxers exhibition match between Pac & Buakaw in a 6 round boxing rules only at a catchweight of 70 kilos early in 2024. Instead of the usual 1 minute rest between rounds, it's been extended to 2 minutes. I think this will go the way of Floyd vs Tenshin but both Pac and Buakaw are classier than either of those two, so you won't see any crying in the ring. :laugh

pacquiao-buakaw.jpg

Too bad the Conor Benn fight didn't materialize. Part of me wants to see Pac make a comeback in pro boxing, another part wants him to stay retired for good.

As for this match-up, only the names excite but this will mostly go to Pac since he's has the upperhand being the most skillful with the handwork.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Wahid Rahim already trying to play the jedi mind tricks and also setting up an excuse for his fighter. I don't get all the love that Fulton is getting for going to Japan to fight Inoue saying he's a warrior to fight overseas. How many foreign boxers come to the US all the time to fight for world titles? The only reason Fulton agreed to go to Japan is this will be his biggest payday of his career and he would not get anywhere that amount of money here in the US because the US doesn't care about these lighter weights. Did you notice that translator is the same "fluffy pen" lady that used to translate for the UFC fights?

They are already seeing the loss before the fight. Some stuff always shows up before big fights which prevents some of them from happening. To Fulton's defense, he looked rather surprised by the words coming from his coach. Nevertheless, I hope nobody pulls out at the last minute.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DiP said:

Too bad the Conor Benn fight didn't materialize. Part of me wants to see Pac make a comeback in pro boxing, another part wants him to stay retired for good.

As for this match-up, only the names excite but this will mostly go to Pac since he's has the upperhand being the most skillful with the handwork.

No doubt Pac has a huge advantage since this will be strictly a boxing match. Even world class Muay Thai fighters & those that transitioned to Euro style kickboxing and are considered good with their hands are still at a deficit compared to a pro boxer especially the level of someone like Pac.

I wish they did allow mixed rules though. It would've been hella fun to see Pac check Buakaw's leg kicks. I still remember when Vince Phillips fought Masato in a mixed K1 rules exhibition. Total one sided beat down with Masato just using his kicks. This wasn't some stiff they found walking the streets of Tokyo but Phillips was a champion who beat Kostya Tzyu at one time.

7 hours ago, DiP said:

They are already seeing the loss before the fight. Some stuff always shows up before big fights which prevents some of them from happening. To Fulton's defense, he looked rather surprised by the words coming from his coach. Nevertheless, I hope nobody pulls out at the last minute.

I can't find my previous post but I remember saying to watch for all the excuses the LDBC will come up if Cool Boy loses. I specifically mentioned the hand wraps & the VADA testing. They're so predictable man! :laugh

Just to add some perspective about the handwrap accusations, Nonito's wife Rachel was adding fuel to fire by basically defaming Inoue after the second fight. Notice Nonito stayed quiet but his lady was making the rounds on various boxing shows saying Inoue was using illegal handwraps. First of all, those handwraps are completely legal in Nevada & Japan. Both fighters are allowed to wrap their hands in said manner. Secondly, if this was such an issue with Fulton's camp, why bring it up 3 days before the fight and not when they first signed the contract? Thirdly, Fulton's camp says it's why Inoue prefers to fight in Japan to take advantage of the handwraps but if this is case then why is Inoue's KO record better when he fights overseas?

When fighting in the US, Inoue finished his 3 opponents within 7 rounds. In the UK his finished his opponent in 2 rounds. But apparently in Japan he's wrapping his hands in a more devastating way, even though 3 guys went the distance with him there and his last opponent lasted 11 rounds?

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

I just heard the news. Inoue has now proved himself to be a true P4P fighter. This should shut them haters/doubters up now that thought he would lose. Tapales has the remaining two belts so he will most likely be Inoue's next opponent. It's going to be a short night with Inoue getting away victorious via KO. At least Tapales should get respect for wanting to challenge Inoue.

I couldn't find any live streaming sites to catch the fight. I'll have to try other options.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DiP said:

I just heard the news. Inoue has now proved himself to be a true P4P fighter. This should shut them haters/doubters up now that thought he would lose. 🤣🤣

I couldn't find any live streaming sites to catch the fight. I'll have to try other options.

There were a few on YouTube, I'm surprised they weren't blocked or cut off after the first couple of rounds. A masterclass performance by Inoue. He dominated & won every round. To go up to a new weight class & take out the top dog in his first fight is unreal!

• Like 2

Wow. It wasn't EVEN close! Inoue put on the performance of his career.

Inoue Vs Tapales in December next... Tapales will most likely last 3 rounds before getting knocked out. I'm rather interested to see Inoue take on the big names at 126, and then move up to 130.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, DiP said:

Wow. It wasn't EVEN close! Inoue put on the performance of his career.

Inoue Vs Tapales in December next... Tapales will most likely last 3 rounds before getting knocked out. I'm rather interested to see Inoue take on the big names at 126, and then move up to 130.

Do you think Tapales can shock the world? Tapales has one of the better jabs in boxing but so does Inoue and Inoue outclasses Tapales everywhere else. I heard Inoue's camp say he wants to say at 122 to let his body acclimate and isn't thinking of moving up to 126 even if he does beat Tapales and unifies. If he stays at 122, I guess the big names he can fight are Nery, MJ and perhaps Casimero. If he goes to 126, I don't see anyone giving him a stiff test other than Robeisy Ramirez (there was a reason he was on the undercard for the Fulton fight) and maybe Figs. But Lara, Leigh Wood and Magsayo stand no chance.

17 hours ago, DiP said:

Gearing up for tomorrow's events. Spence Jr Vs Crawford, Donaire Vs Santiago, and Cruz Vs Cabrera.

https://www.fite.tv/watch/spence-jr-vs-crawford/2pdf0/

Who you got in this one?

14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Do you think Tapales can shock the world? Tapales has one of the better jabs in boxing but so does Inoue and Inoue outclasses Tapales everywhere else. I heard Inoue's camp say he wants to say at 122 to let his body acclimate and isn't thinking of moving up to 126 even if he does beat Tapales and unifies. If he stays at 122, I guess the big names he can fight are Nery, MJ and perhaps Casimero. If he goes to 126, I don't see anyone giving him a stiff test other than Robeisy Ramirez (there was a reason he was on the undercard for the Fulton fight) and maybe Figs. But Lara, Leigh Wood and Magsayo stand no chance.

Who you got in this one?

I watched Tapales vs Akhmadaliev, and compared it to Inoue vs Fulton. Tapales has good defense and jabs but against a fast, sharp, technical, and powerful opponent, his output won't be enough. I want to see how much Tapales improves but at this point, I don't see him upsetting someone like Inoue.

I think Crawford upsets Spence Jr, Donaire goes the distance against Santiago, and Cruz knocks out Cabrera in round 5.

• Buddha Bless You 1

32 minutes ago, DiP said:

I watched Tapales vs Akhmadaliev, and compared it to Inoue vs Fulton. Tapales has good defense and jabs but against a fast, sharp, technical, and powerful opponent, his output won't be enough. I want to see how much Tapales improves but at this point, I don't see him upsetting someone like Inoue.

I think Crawford upsets Spence Jr, Donaire goes the distance against Santiago, and Cruz knocks out Cabrera in round 5.

I know Crawford is the "prettier" boxer and the more skilled but something tells me Spence is going to win. Agree with your other picks though, Cruz is giving up a ton of height to Cabrera but Cabrera won't be able to withstand the a constant high pressure fighter like Cruz from getting to him on the inside. I only watched Santiago fight twice, the rematch against Nieves (the same Nieves that Inoue forced his corner to throw in the towel) & the draw against Jerwin Ancajas and he's tough but I think Donaire's not going to respect Santiago and eventually walk him down. The only question for Donaire is if that beating he took in the second Inoue fight and father time eventually caught up to him.

It's funny because after Inoue announced moving up to 122, I actually thought MJ would be his toughest challenge even more so than Fulton because of MJ's southpaw power but Tapales put an end to that notion.

• Buddha Bless You 1

That's good takes on those fights.

Spence Jr maybe less skilled and slow compared to Crawford but in boxing it takes more than just speed and skills to win a fight. The overall mental game, and lots of patience plays a part too. I feel like Spence Jr is more of an opportunist and he showed this in the Porter fight. Porter was the aggressor trying to use that with distancing to catch Spence Jr's guard off with different techniques but Spence Jr. wore him down by fighting inside mostly, and adapt to Porter's routines to get the job done. Porter couldn't do much but do the same thing and that's how he got caught. Will he succeed doing the same thing to Crawford?

Donaire still has some stuff left in the tank but you also gotta question his overall motivation of striving for the kill, especially after getting knocked out in his last fight. That's the reason why I think the fight goes the distance and Donaire will win on points. But like you said, Donaire came off two wins by KO against undefeated opponents before facing Inoue. Best of luck to Donaire, it's good seeing him active at his current age.

Edited by DiP
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm

Can't wait for tonight/morning!

Did you guys see Caleb plant smacking Charlo backstage of the weigh in? 

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Yeah, that was funny to see. Charlo didn't do crap and just let security do his work. 😂

2 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

yes, I did. Mall just looked shocked with a goofy look on his face lol...I also saw his girl get beat up by Mell's baby's mama too. Mall taking a L this weekend.

• Haha 1

I heard it all started when Mall stroked Plant's beard. You never touch a never man's facial hair without his permission. He deserved to get b!tch slapped for that. :laugh

• Haha 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, DiP said:

Yeah, that was funny to see. Charlo didn't do crap and just let security do his work. 😂

Apparently Charlo touched him first..then this.

And both charlos wives were scrapping outside.

A real mess! 😆 🤣 

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

yes, I did. Mall just looked shocked with a goofy look on his face lol...I also saw his girl get beat up by Mell's baby's mama too. Mall taking a L this weekend.

Haha!! Pathetic.

Not a good look.

• Like 1

wow! My predictions were way off base...

Spoiler

Bud just walked over Spence like nothing. A dominant performance and certainly has to be P4P #1 being the first male boxer (Clarissa Shields) to become undisputed in two weight divisions. 

Pitbull did what I thought he would I know the scorecards ended up being closer with the point deduction for the headbutt but it wasn't that close in my book.

Props to Santiago for toughing out the cuts and giving Donaire a loss. I maybe gave Donaire 2 rounds but it was all Santiago pretty much. Donaire looked slow and tentative. I think it's finally time to hang 'em up but sounds like he's wants to still keep going (i'm sure at Rachel's insistence).

Would love to hear what @DiP & @sifu iron perm thought about tonight's historic fight card.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm

Brothers I'm in awe!

Also sad and disappointed with Erol performance,  he looked off and negative but TC2000 was on another platform to prove his Greatness. 

This was something out of Baki hanma episode! 😆 

Anyways Boxing is beautiful and unpredictable. 

• Like 2

I knew Crawford would upset Spence Jr. I've been watching Spence's last three fights before the Crawford fight -- Porter, Ugas, Garcia -- and carefully comparing his performances back-to-back. All three have two things in common: Spence isn't that fast, and has a tendency of relying on timing/patience to best fast opponents. Against a 3-dimensional opponent in Crawford, I had the intuition that luck wouldn't go his way. Spence got some good hits but he was so off the whole fight. I think I've never seen an undefeated champion go out like that; All the strengths of his abilities going down the drain, and working against him embarrassingly. Congrats to another new undisputed world champion! Word is that Crawford will face Jaron Ennis, as his IBF mandatory, next. That's would make for a great title defense for Crawford!!!

Donaire vs Santiago... Decent fight but I expected more from Donaire who seemed so motivated in training, and during the weigh-in as well as interviews. Big shout-out to Santiago though, he fought scarcely in the beginning but kept building up momentum as the early and mid rounds went, and finally cranked up his punching rate in the late rounds making the fight worthwhile. Donaire should retire, just for his own sake. Maybe take a break to resolve his current family issues, and then take one more fight before hanging the gloves for good.

Cruz vs Cabrera: Much more entertaining fight in the undercard! Cruz may have done some illegal stuff but he kept firing at Cabrera with nasty hooks and uppercuts. Cabrera mostly responded by holding and jabbing all night, which is understandable but made the fight a bit draggy. It should've been by UD though so biased judging continues to plague the sport. Nevertheless, a great fight!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 minutes ago, DiP said:

I knew Crawford would upset Spence Jr. I've been watching Spence's last three fights before the Crawford fight -- Porter, Ugas, Garcia -- and carefully comparing his performances back-to-back. All three have two things in common: Spence isn't that fast, and has a tendency of relying on timing/patience to best fast opponents. Against a 3-dimensional opponent in Crawford, I had the intuition that luck wouldn't go his way. Spence got some good hits but he was so off the whole fight. I think I've never seen an undefeated champion go out like that; All the strengths of his abilities going down the drain, and working against him embarrassingly. Congrats to another new undisputed world champion! Word is that Crawford will face Jaron Ennis, as his IBF mandatory, next. That's would make for a great title defense for Crawford!!!

Donaire vs Santiago... Decent fight but I expected more from Donaire who seemed so motivated in training, and during the weigh-in as well as interviews. Big shout-out to Santiago though, he fought scarcely in the beginning but kept building up momentum as the early and mid rounds went, and finally cranked up his punching rate in the late rounds making the fight worthwhile. Donaire should retire, just for his own sake. Maybe take a break to resolve his current family issues, and then take one more fight before hanging the gloves for good.

Cruz vs Cabrera: Much more entertaining fight in the undercard! Cruz may have done some illegal stuff but he kept firing at Cabrera with nasty hooks and uppercuts. Cabrera mostly responded by holding and jabbing all the night, which is understandable but made the fight a bit draggy. It should've been by UD though so biased judging continues to plague the sport. Nevertheless, a great fight!

I used to think that without that accident, Spence would've had handled Bud but not anymore. Bud is just levels about Spence and no amount of copium would change that fact.

Donaire just loading up on the left hook and trying to counter punch but even when he had opportunities, he didn't let his hands go. I think that's when you know it's time to retire, when you can't react quickly enough to openings.

Pitbull did win the fight and by wider scores than the judges gave on their scorecards but Cabrera's length obviously gave him some issues despite what Cruz said post-fight not too mention his lengthy lay off. Cruz seemed to fatigue and his output just slowed to a crawl near the end.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1